Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Why do green smoothies make me feel better than other healthy foods?
Posted by: Delta223 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 03:26PM

Hi everyone, I'm not asking this to complain, just curious: usually when I wake up in the morning I have a bowl of black beans or oatmeal. But I've recently started replacing this with another green smoothie in the morning. The green smoothie has a leafy green like kale or spinach filled up to about the 25 ounce mark in my blender jar, and then to bananas, and orange, and an apple. I then add pineapple juice to about the seven or 8 ounce mark and water up to about 15 ounce mark.

I understand the green smoothie is probably healthier in terms of phytonutrients, but in terms of energy, shouldn't it be about the same oatmeal or beans in the morning?

Thank you for any insights

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do green smoothies make me feel better than other healthy foods?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 15, 2013 03:32PM

It doesn't take a lot of energy from the body to digest a green smoothie. I find they give me more of a jump than any sort of caffeinated beverage, and it's sustained for hours as well. It's light but full of nutrients and is very easily digested so it gives a lot and takes very little. Oatmeal and beans are so heavy, gluey, dense... I imagine that takes quite a bit of energy for the digestive system to process.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 15, 2013 06:17PM

We are full of energy in the morning why would we need to eat beans to break-fast?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 15, 2013 06:25PM

Well, beans and oatmeal are very heavy and eating light in the morning follows our bodily rhythms. For instance, the elimination phase is from 4 am 'til noon. So eating raw/light is preferable so that you can assist in this cycle. BREAK-FAST= breaking that fasting that you do every night for at least 8 hours. It's always indicated to eat light after breaking a fast, you know?

[www.campaignfortruth.com]

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: May 19, 2013 07:36AM

Personally, I feel better in general when I eat more greens. Green smoothies, green salads, you name it. It makes sense, since the composition of chlorophyll in all those greens has so many of the elements that our blood is built from.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables