Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How much food should you eat?
Posted by: Armin Zhl ()
Date: May 18, 2013 06:18AM

Hello,

I am a 19 year old man and now for 5 weeks 100 % raw vegan. Inspired by Markus Rothkranz. Before I started to be raw vegan I was "cooked" vegan for one year with a very sporty lifestyle. After I changed to raw vegan I my energy levels go down. At some days I had more power than ever, but now I am feeling more and more "dead".

I`ve lost 10 kilos. At the beginning I thought this are the detoxification symptoms. But now I feel miserable.
I went to the doctor who checked my blood levels. All levels are OK but Homocysteine is dramatically high (3 times higher than normal), ATP is very low.
I can`t climb some stairs without a burning in my muscles! I am really depressed.

About my diet:

I am eating fruits and green smoothies and some seeds like hemp, chia, and flax seeds and some tablespoons of coconut oil. I don`t eat any dehydrated things and nuts at the time. I don`t calculate the calories.
Could be the reason the amount of food intake?

Could you write some example meal plans for a raw vegan food diet based on fruits and greens and vegetables? Thank you so much!

Perhaps some people have the same problems. Please share it.

Please forgive me - I tried to use the search function, but they are so much topics so it is really difficult to find the right.

Greetings!

Armin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How much food should you eat?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 18, 2013 11:06AM

At only 5 weeks you may be going through detox. With that little time there are few chances that it is a dietary deficiency. But take a look at vitamin D3 and vit B12 (like methyl cobalamin).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2013 11:09AM by Panchito.

Posted by: BlueOnBlue ()
Date: May 18, 2013 11:12AM

You might want to check iodine, too.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: May 19, 2013 07:33AM

Sure! I'm female & about a decade older than you, so I might eat a bit differently than you're aiming to, but here is a sample, based on real life, so you'll see it's fairly simple since I'm fairly busy:

==

*Breakfast*

Smoothie with mango, banana, orange, carrot, lime, dates, & coconut
Maybe also some raw cereal made with coconut, raisins, banana, vanilla, cinnamon, almonds, etc.

*Lunch*

Several wraps with romaine lettuce, olives, avocado, and a sunflower seed based dressing here: [fresherthanlife.com]

Green juice, some recipes here: [fresherthanlife.com] (I usually sip on this or some sort of juice/smoothie thing throughout the afternoon)

*Snack*

Whatever fruit or veggie pieces are laying around from whatever I was making earlier. Sometimes 1/2 an avocado, sometimes a banana, sometimes a bunch of those tiny oranges, etc.

*Dinner*

Big salad with some well-combined vegetables. I like romaine and arugula best for salads. Then, something creamy, like avocado or some sort of homemade dressing. Tomatoes....love those. Green onions...they're nice and not too strong. Celery if I have it. Capers, too...definitely capers. Really this will depend on your tastes as to the specifics.

Or, I might get fancy and make a recipe, like raw lasagna (http://fresherthanlife.com/recipe-how-to-make-raw-lasagna/)...or just enjoy some flax crackers and dip.

==

Hope this helps smiling smiley

Posted by: Armin Zhl ()
Date: May 19, 2013 09:12AM

Thank you for your answers!
I will check out my iodine levels. In Germany the soil has a lack of iodine. Thanks!

@fresherthanlive: You get much calories from fat I think. I am feared a little bit of fat – wether or not coconut oil or other fat. Aren`t you afraid to get a lack of nutritions? Sorry I am a really newbie.

If I would eat only green smoothies (only dark leafy greens + fruits) I will get the most calories from the fruit. But the calorie density of a banana is about90 kcal / 100 grams. One tbsp (14g) of coconut oil has: 116 calories.

My metabolism rate is about 1900-2200 kcal. So If I eat only green smoothies I would have to eat about 2 kilo of banana, right? But the last five weeks I was really fast saturated from much less. Does somebody have experience with mixed smoothies as the daily meals?

Thank you!

Regards

Armin

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 19, 2013 10:56PM

You'll probably have to increase your calories. By some trackers, I would need about 2200 calories/day but I usually eat about 3000 to 3500 (no change in weight). Very similar to you except no coconut oil and no seeds regularly. The overtly fatty food I eat regularly is avocado.

Try making smoothies or banana whips with dates, bananas, mangoes, to get your calories up and also bring chopped up fruit with you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables