Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Has anyone researched....
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: November 09, 2006 10:28PM

organic nuts? Could someone recommend a place that has the best prices for buying organic nuts in bulk - ie 25lbs?

Thank you,

PG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone researched....
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 09, 2006 11:01PM

I think that [www.nutsonline.com] has among the better prices. I don't know if they are the best but they are pretty good. I am not sure if everything organic is available in the 25 lb bag sizes. The per lb price goes down as the lbs increase.

I have ordered from them before and have no complaints. They shipped promptly and the nuts were high quality. I ordered hazelnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, and almonds, all raw and still in the shell.

They are definitely cheaper than my local grocer, who sells 12 oz of raw pistachios for $9.99 (as of this morning), while you can get them for as low as $8.99/lb if you buy 15 lbs or more at the website. I am not sure that raw pistachios are really raw, it seems to me that there is usually some heat treatment involved in shell removal. In any case I probably should not purchase them because they are one of the few things for which I have zero self control. You put them in front of me and I will eat them all until they are gone. In one sitting! Needless to say, it's been about two years since I've dared to eat them.

Arugula....thank you so much
Posted by: Piano Gal ()
Date: November 10, 2006 03:17AM

this is perfect!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 10, 2006 03:23AM

The nuts at nuts online didn't say they were organic!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 10, 2006 07:57AM

They say organic, but they don't say raw:
[www.nutsonline.com]

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 10, 2006 06:37PM

its best to purchase from the grower! I have a good pistachio grower and macadamia nut grower.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables