Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Free and easy Candida spit test
Posted by: vegan john ()
Date: November 10, 2006 02:22PM

Please try this very quick, free and easy spit test in connection with candida and let me know how you get on

[www.adhdrelief.com]

I did it this morning, but have just noticed that I didn't use room temp bottled water (instead cold from tap). So will try it again. (Not sure why it should be room temp bottled).

Good luck
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free and easy Candida spit test
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: November 11, 2006 11:32PM

Ok, this is grosser that talking about BMs but . . .

I did this two days in a row. First day I let it splash and almost all of it sank to the bottom. Second day, I spit on the side of the glass so it wouldn't splash and most of it floated and then developed "legs". So I guess I have it unless everyone's spit will do this.

I noticed that this test is all over the web, and it is always on a site selling some cure for candida. So maybe they are just trying to drum up business and know that everyone's spit will do this.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 12, 2006 05:10AM

Well, my spit did not misbehave. It just stayed at the top in a lump. However, I wonder if that means anything at all. I am curious as to how this test was devised; how does anyone really KNOW if it is a legitimate test for candida?

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 13, 2006 06:52PM

I heard that the test isn't a "secure test". The website isn't saying so either! So go to a professional if you are unsure.

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

Date: November 14, 2006 03:54PM

I've been doing this type of candida spit test occasionally over the past few years and monitoring how it changes. I find it very interesting to empower ourselves as much as we can to read our own body.

In addition, I have been to 4 professionals over the past 6 years where I have asked whether I might have a candida overgrowth (a herbalist/colonic therapist, a nutritionist, a doctor and another herbalist). The herbalists and nutritionist used a questionnaire type approach to decide whether it is a likely possibility (and if you search the web you can access free ones of these too). The G.P. said that the medical tests are not necessarily accurate and did not recommend the medical test route.

The reason I did the spit test again recently (out of curiosity) is because strict candida diets require you to avoid sweet fruits, nuts and many other items. Also I had been relooking at Gabriel Cousens books and ideas on this subject and his suggestions.

As this is my first year on a high raw diet ... well I wanted to see if it had changed ... and yes my recent spit test was worse than it had been before (Hhmm!).

I have just done a quick internet search and come up with a site with a candida questionaire (and spit test) for anybody interested. I'm not recommending using any of these sites to buy anything or get more info ... just to access the free spit test and free questionnaire.

[yeastinfectionadvisor.com]

I'm very interested to know how you get on with the spit test and questionnaire, because my spit test is looking iffy. I'm going to do it again.

John

Date: November 15, 2006 03:22PM

Hi Horsea,
Great to hear that you appear to be ok regarding the spit test. I wish I was.

Can I ask whether you eat any sort of fermented raw foods to help promote healthy gut bacteria e.g. sauerkraut? I keep seeing recipes for them in my raw food books, but haven't made any myself.

Also do you eat nuts and sweet fruits on a regular basis? Especially stuff like ripe bananas and dried fruits?

John

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 15, 2006 05:19PM

Hi, Vegan. I redid the test and, lo & behold, there was a bit of negative result (a tiny string). In any event, I regularly consume home-made pickles (cukes) made with only salt, garlic & a few spices & of course water (well water). Also, I place a grape or currant or cherry leaf into the jar to promote crispness.

I tried to make sauerkraut but I have not as yet been successful. I think it may be helpful to buy one of those specialized crocks; I think it's made by Harsch (?) Co.

I do eat a moderate quantity of nuts about 4X/week. I don't consume a lot of bananas or dried fruit, tho.

I do not eat 100% raw, but in the summer, when I have my garden to rely on, I come fairly close.

Thank you for asking, and best of luck with sauerkraut. I love the stuff.

Date: November 17, 2006 06:41PM

Hi Horsea,
Many thanks for sharing the info.

John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables