Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cron-o-meter, accurate? protiens/general nutrients -learning to eat raw/million questions lol
Posted by: jazzymetal ()
Date: June 09, 2013 09:37PM

Hi, I got a few different questions really...first I am curious does anyone use this cron o meter app? How close should one try to base their food intake off of this, if it is accurate?

I have been listing items into the diary today and was watching the different protein, minerals, and vitamins, etc. percentages bounce around.

I noticed some different things after I entered roughly what i've ate today:

While I am at 65% of their recommended protein intake, it is says i am low on all these different...amino acids i think is what they are? Adding 1 3 oz steak puts it to over 100% of protein and most of the acids closer to 100% but still not perfect according to them. How can I meet these by eating raw foods? I would assume I need all of these different acids to be healthy.

Another thing i noticed is my Vitamin K is at like 1200% is this something to worry about?

Cholesterol...says I am at 3% do I need more or less?

edit: Almost forgot. It is saying at my current weight to maintain it, I need 2705 calories a day. It also is saying that I have almost met most of my vitamins and minerals but i am only at like 1300 calories so far...and i feel like i've ate a rediculous amount of food already...i am most lacking in the protien department according to this crono meter app. 68% protien but the acid levels on a lot of them are no higher than 50% but most more like 20-30%....

I have so many questions honestly as I am attempting to eat 100% raw. I tried doing this in the past and failed pretty badly, I believe i was not eating enough, and I felt weak, so I went back to old eating habits, and I quickly became pretty sick (within a year) and have been pretty miserable again...and would like to change this. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 09:42PM by jazzymetal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cron-o-meter, accurate? protiens/general nutrients -learning to eat raw/million questions lol
Date: June 09, 2013 10:57PM

The cronometer is only a general guide, but it still lacks accurate information and doesn't tell the full story. l generally pay it no attention, but that is just me.

Besides from only giving partial vague nutritional profiles, the biggest problem l have with it is that it can be highly misleading and bring one's diet into trouble.

Eg..how did they record the nutritional profiles of the various foods? Was it based on fresh foods straight from the trees/ground, or was the profiles based on older foods that were a few hours old, or was it based on foods picked a week before?

Eg..how nutritious were the soils the profiles of the foods based on?

Personally, l find the cronometer highly lacking in almost everything so l generally take most things they measure with a grain of salt.

The only thing l do like about it is that it gives a fat v's carbs v's v's protein profile which l do find helpful. But l get concerned because there are many people that say they are getting enough nutrients because the cronometer says so, but it is not as simple as that...everyone is different and people absorb things differently according to their unique make-up and needs. But in general, it is a very vague guide to eating.

Be very wary of the cronometer and see it for what it really is.

www.thesproutarian.com

Re: cron-o-meter, accurate? protiens/general nutrients -learning to eat raw/million questions lol
Date: June 11, 2013 02:09AM

Hard to get good protein levels on conventional vegan diets, but very very easy to get it on sprouted diets. When l talk about protein l mean protein that has been broken down into amino acids.

Using conventional nuts and seeds on ordinary vegan diets isn't so good because fat levels and proper alkaline balance can become a major problem. Eating lots of green vegetables can also require lots of eating or juicing, so cost or extensive labour growing them can also be an issue. Vegetables don't have near the amino acid levels that sprouts do, not even close.

Best to get pre-digested protein (protein broken down into amino acids) by having the following foods:
* green sprout drinks (16 oz of juice is supposed to yield roughly 25 grams of protein in the form of amino acids)
* SUNFLOWER green sprouts drinks - the finest amino acid/protein land source known to man because it is the most balanced protein on Earth discovered.
* wheatgrass juice - 1oz of juice = 1 gram of 100% digestable protein
* sprouted seeds - HUGE quantities there
* Sprouted nuts - large qualtities there too
* Algae - Can bring the Net protein utilisation value right up and ranges from 50 - 72% protein
* Sea weeds - excellent protein value and can bring the NPU value up like with algaes.
* Sprouted legumes = excellent also.

Easy to get up to 150 grams of safely balanced amino acids without the usual negative effects of concentrated protien. All those foods have great carb levels too along with fatty acids, hormones, enzymes, PHYTO-NUTRIENTS, oxygen and other brilliant things.

The sprout diet is a very efficient way to eat....highly utilisable nutrients.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2013 02:16AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: June 22, 2013 12:12AM

Cronometer isn't accurate. It is an estimator with too large error to use it as a reliable tool. You can always have some fun with it, just do not rely on it!
smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: July 04, 2013 10:41PM

Jazzymetal,
Its been awhile since I have posted here. I think there is a lot to be desired in conventional nutrition. I found this website by Michael Greger, which made me really question my perception of nutrition. For example, I never knew how standard nutrition came to their amino acid/protein recommendation. Here is a link which shows a major problem with traditional views on protein 'quality'.
[nutritionfacts.org]
if that is wrong...what else could be wrong?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables