Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm not trying to create controversy with this question but...
Posted by: rawdev ()
Date: November 10, 2006 08:45PM

Do you think rawfoods (whether it be 80/10/10, all greens, all fruits, all fats, 40/30/30, etc.) works better for females? Maybe better isn't the right word but I think you get the gist...

I know, I know,
There's many of us Men that have or is living the raw lifestyle (and for many years to boot) but,
It seems to me that in general women/females do better on rawfoods.
Again, I already know about the men on-here and out-there who are on rawfoods.
But.......

I really don't want to list the people who are facing tough times but can if need being (some who are profound or authors of books), just so I don't sound crazy........

Why Vegan?
Because I have the most love and admiration for all animals of the earth!!!
a rawvegan hopeful, rawdev4life!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm not trying to create controversy with this question but...
Date: November 10, 2006 08:49PM

Again, this isn't a “this or that doesn't work topic”, just an overall perception and would like others comment...

Why Vegan?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 10, 2006 09:22PM

i think women, in general, are more concerned with health than men.

also, men may feel more pressured by society to eat cooked meat because it's "manly". and most new raw foodists dont realize that there are many raw animal (dairy, sashimi) foods available to them.

Date: November 10, 2006 11:32PM

What would you say the man to women ratio of eating rawfoods and enjoying the lifestyle?

Even just on these boards I'd say 65% women to 35% men.

Why Vegan?

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: November 10, 2006 11:39PM

What do you mean by saying the following: "I really don't want to list the people who are facing tough times but can if need being (some who are profound or authors of books), just so I don't sound crazy........"

Perhaps if I understand you right and they are not doing well, could it be because they do not monitor their PH? Perhaps they do not get enough greens. Greens are the key to doing well on raw food. Most raw foodists just want to eat sweet fruits it seems to me. They taste good and are easy to eat. It's the green stuff we really need to build muscle and other healthy tissue.

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: November 11, 2006 12:46AM

Gasp! THEY fell off the wagon!!!!!!!!!!! Just Joking :-)

I'd be surprised if the authors of raw books didn't go through setbacks like everyone else, so name away. In fact, I bet that they all have fallen off the wagon, big time, at one time or another.

It's the raw theory that counts and which makes sense, more than thier example, I don't care what they eat personally (but I hope that they have at least tried their recipes many times before they published them).

Sometimes they make it seem so effortless, I actually would love to hear thier stories of stuggle, and falling off the wagon and how they got back on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2006 12:55AM by tropical.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 11, 2006 01:51AM

I hear way more problems from women about raw foods than I have for men. Which leads me to think that men do slightly better on raw foods (or atleast ask/complain about problems a lot less).

Ian.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 11, 2006 10:32AM

Women got a sense of "inner knowledge". They just KNOW that living/raw food is the best for their body. Maybie they look deep down when they are having a baby in their body. Feeling inside.. and learning to know whats best for them. Mostly 50+ or so..

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: November 11, 2006 11:13PM

um,
my man might eat 75% raw because i'm around. but he'd never consider himself a raw foodist. even though he just got off a 40 raw juice fast.

maybe women just interact more on it. and by doing the research and providing the food, my husband just enjoys and believes me on these things. because he can see the evidence. he doesn't read the books, or worry about that sort of stuff.

so, he's not a raw foodist, i am. i don't eat all the stuff he keeps around the house, but 90% of our grocery bill is fruits and veggies. it's a view thing. food isn't his thing, neither is health, he just does it.

just a thought.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 12, 2006 04:25AM

pFFFFTttttt
funny mama cass
seems like for a dude for whom "health" just aint his thing
he's doing a decent job smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 13, 2006 11:25PM

Let me know how to post pictures and I will send proof the statement is not true.

I think this now starts year 11 for me on all live foods.

elntural

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: November 14, 2006 12:32AM

Does he have a brother? lol!

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: November 15, 2006 12:46AM

Jono, can you get parasites from Sashimi? I hear a lot of raw foodist who are not vegan, eat raw sashimi, but what about parasites.

My bf is raw, but not vegan, likes to eat Sashimi.

I appreciate any advise on this subject.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 15, 2006 01:06AM

Google Anisakiasis.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 15, 2006 04:17AM

Rawrrr!, parasites are certainly a concern if consuming raw fish.

I've never had sashimi, but I did try some sushi (it was raw eel and rice) a while back that did not taste very good.

I thought about trying raw salmon but after doing some reading decided not to because of possible parasites, and the fact that plain raw fish does not appeal to my senses.

If I ever do decide to have some sashimi, I would want to consume some anti-parasital herbs (maybe an herbal tea) just to be safe.

I drink raw milk every day though without a problem, and I might like to try live insects someday smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2006 04:20AM by jono.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables