Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

2 things: low blood sugar, not being hungry
Posted by: jazzymetal ()
Date: June 25, 2013 06:11AM

Hi, I have been eating about 90% raw food the last few weeks, doing what I can, and I don't feel like I am under eating, in fact, sometimes I still feel as if I'm overeating. But last Friday I wasn't feeling very well, and went to the acupuncturist. I ended up having her stop the treatments for my asthma and carpel tunnel/tendinitis early due to feeling like I was going to pass out and becoming really clammy feeling and panicky, which hasn't happened since the first time I went to her 2 years ago (helps me more than any inhaler has, or any exercise for my wrists/hands). She asked me when I ate last, and it had been a few hours so she gave me a bunch of pineapple, and after about 10 minutes I felt a lot better once my body started absorbing it.

Today I had the same feeling but much worse, and again she asked me what I ate today. I woke up around 9 am today, and ate the leftover sprouts I had from my last batch I grew, which was a mix of alfalfa, broccoli, and 1 other green type(i forget). It was about 4 handfuls of sprouts, then about 45 minutes later I think I ate 3 bananas and an apple. Which afterwards I was stuffed. I probably could have ate again around 1, but I was a little to lost in trying to transcribe some music on guitar and drums, so around 3:30 when I looked at the clock and was like "oh @#$%& I gotta go!" of course I was fairly hungry, but I thought I'd just eat when I got back from my acupuncture appointment.

Well, same thing happened today, she ended up giving me pineapple again (I am curious why she keeps so much pineapple around haha, I'm not complaining though!) But she told me that she thinks I am not eating enough food in a day usually (I agree on today) and she told me it was probably from low blood sugar.

My acupuncturist studied traditional Chinese medicine in China for 10+ years, as well as has a MD (though she never bothered to get her MD in america apparently). I mean the first time I went to her 2 years ago, she looked at my tongue for about 15 seconds, and asked me if I had such and such symptoms and was right about all of them, and then some.

Sorry for the long story. Anyways, how can you deal with low blood sugar trying to eat raw. I have a history of diabetes in my family on both sides, so this is slightly bothersome. And the other thing is, do I try to force myself to eat if I don't feel like eating? or am I eating the wrong types of raw foods? I often do not feel any desire to eat until I am sweaty and shaky, and light headed. And when I eat more veggies than fruit, I do not ever feel satisfied.

This is all coming from your "sad" diet, where I would eat once or twice a day. In some ways I feel better eating cooked foods, in other ways I feel worse still. To me it makes sense in my head, living foods == life, but I am struggling to figure out what foods I need in my diet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2 things: low blood sugar, not being hungry
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:55PM

Hi Jazzy, are you drinking anything? you don't seem to mention any liquids. I often 'forget' to eat - I start to notice myself feeling colder, which sometimes happens if I've let myself go too long without food. I don't generally eat till later in the day anyways, and this works for me, but I do ensure I DRINK a lot. Not just plain water either; I'll drink fermented drinks like kombucha and kefir (which have been fermented with plenty of fruit and greens in them, so they pack a lot of nutrition in while providing good probiotics). I also drink herbal teas made from fresh herbs, and green juice (if I can be bothered with all the washing up!) Good luck.

Posted by: jazzymetal ()
Date: June 26, 2013 11:38PM

I drink a ton of water. I don't drink any juice or anything unless I make it myself. Sometimes I'll grab a watermelon and blend/strain that and drink it. But most the time I'd rather eat the fruit since I hate having to clean up, and for some reason or the other, no matter how hard I try to not make a mess, I find a way to make one haha. So I tend to prefer foods I can just peel and eat. So...I generally just drink water.

Date: June 27, 2013 01:12AM

jazzymetal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, I have been eating about 90% raw food the last
> few weeks, doing what I can, and I don't feel like
> I am under eating, in fact, sometimes I still feel
> as if I'm overeating. But last Friday I wasn't
> feeling very well, and went to the acupuncturist.
> I ended up having her stop the treatments for my
> asthma and carpel tunnel/tendinitis early due to
> feeling like I was going to pass out and becoming
> really clammy feeling and panicky, which hasn't
> happened since the first time I went to her 2
> years ago (helps me more than any inhaler has, or
> any exercise for my wrists/hands). She asked me
> when I ate last, and it had been a few hours so
> she gave me a bunch of pineapple, and after about
> 10 minutes I felt a lot better once my body
> started absorbing it.
>
> Today I had the same feeling but much worse, and
> again she asked me what I ate today. I woke up
> around 9 am today, and ate the leftover sprouts I
> had from my last batch I grew, which was a mix of
> alfalfa, broccoli, and 1 other green type(i
> forget). It was about 4 handfuls of sprouts, then
> about 45 minutes later I think I ate 3 bananas and
> an apple. Which afterwards I was stuffed. I
> probably could have ate again around 1, but I was
> a little to lost in trying to transcribe some
> music on guitar and drums, so around 3:30 when I
> looked at the clock and was like "oh @#$%& I gotta
> go!" of course I was fairly hungry, but I thought
> I'd just eat when I got back from my acupuncture
> appointment.
>
> Well, same thing happened today, she ended up
> giving me pineapple again (I am curious why she
> keeps so much pineapple around haha, I'm not
> complaining though!) But she told me that she
> thinks I am not eating enough food in a day
> usually (I agree on today) and she told me it was
> probably from low blood sugar.
>
> My acupuncturist studied traditional Chinese
> medicine in China for 10+ years, as well as has a
> MD (though she never bothered to get her MD in
> america apparently). I mean the first time I went
> to her 2 years ago, she looked at my tongue for
> about 15 seconds, and asked me if I had such and
> such symptoms and was right about all of them, and
> then some.
>
> Sorry for the long story. Anyways, how can you
> deal with low blood sugar trying to eat raw. I
> have a history of diabetes in my family on both
> sides, so this is slightly bothersome. And the
> other thing is, do I try to force myself to eat if
> I don't feel like eating? or am I eating the wrong
> types of raw foods? I often do not feel any desire
> to eat until I am sweaty and shaky, and light
> headed. And when I eat more veggies than fruit, I
> do not ever feel satisfied.
>
> This is all coming from your "sad" diet, where I
> would eat once or twice a day. In some ways I feel
> better eating cooked foods, in other ways I feel
> worse still. To me it makes sense in my head,
> living foods == life, but I am struggling to
> figure out what foods I need in my diet.

high quality chlorella is known to stabilize sugar if taken three times a day (5 tabs each time), and fenugreek sprouts are excellent according to Gabriel Cousins and Brian Clement. Try taking 8 oz + of fenugreek sprout juice each day before any food. Also try sprouted chia seeds, sunflower greens and perhaps some sprouted grains. Sea vegetables are also highly recommended and so is cerial grass juice. Want good amino acid levels to stabilize blood sugar, phytonutrients, minerals, and various plants to detox heavy metals. Dandelion weed juice would also be good for stabilising blood sugar. See how these foods make you feel. l take this information from top healers with success in stabilizing blood sugar. l'm also using some of these things carefully with diabetes 1 people....different conditions require different diets.

Just beware: l am mainly borrowing on the 80 years experience of these two master healers. It might help.

If you have low blood sugar, then it is hardly surprising fruit makes you feel better. But we don't want a short fix with high sugar boosts, we want to stabilize the blood sugar.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 01:22AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 27, 2013 10:02PM

Eat a bit more, maybe soaked nuts and seeds. And as Sproutarian man said use chlorella to balance blood sugars.

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: June 29, 2013 04:33AM

From my understanding, there's a difference between controlling low blood sugar and actually curing yourself of it.

Why don't you ask your acu doctor what your particular "pattern of disharmony" is? Then you can look that up and see what dietary recommendations are given. There is much on this to be found on the Web. It seems that most practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine don't bother talking much about diet, so you'll keep coming back for treatments and their herbs. But diet is the first place to go for blood sugar problems. Best to you.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: June 29, 2013 06:40AM

How does your caloric intake compare to your activity level?

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables