Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new juice nutrition calculator
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 26, 2013 01:13AM

[juicerecipes.com]

A friend of mine on DrFuhrman.com was kind enough to forward us a new beta version of a juice calculator. You just select the fruit or vegetable you want to juice put in the quantity and it will give you the nutritional value of the juice. You can add ingredients with different sizes. It will tell you the pulp value as well.

What I do not understand is how they know which nutrients will partition to the juice and which to the pulp. Also for a very efficient juicer like a Green Star or Norwalk or Super Angel, I'm inclined to belief a higher yield of the juice means lower nutrients in the pulp. Norwalk claims their pulp is so dry that it is practically devoid of nutrition. I think that is an exaggeration but I take their point. Anyway, enjoy. Let me know what you think. I'm guessing this will change since it is a beta version.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new juice nutrition calculator
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:10PM

Thanks so much for sharing this - I love it! I'm not much of a juicing person, but I'm trying to gain weight, so this could be very useful.

Re: new juice nutrition calculator
Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: June 27, 2013 10:32AM

Norwalk includes a comparison list with their juicers/recipe book that breaks down the nutritional value of juices produced by several different types of juicers(I assume they still include it), and that's good enough for me.

I have heard that claim from Norwalk that their pulp is so dry that it is practically devoid of nutrition - supposedly, they offered it to a goat, which is an animal that will eat practically anything, but it would not eat the pulp.

However, this juice nutrient calculator is a cool thing and I can see its value. Does anyone micromanage their nutrients to such a level, though? Maybe an elite athlete...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables