Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

too dry ?
Posted by: rawisrael ()
Date: July 01, 2013 08:11AM

Hello there

I have a question that has an answer that may interest everybody. I made 2 kinds of breads, one based on sprouted spelt grains and one on sprouted buckwheat&flax seeds and they dehydrated too much. They are very firm but still edible.

Question is - Should i use them as crackers or - being over dry will they be hard to digest and harm the digestion system ?

thanks a lot !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: too dry ?
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 01, 2013 03:40PM

I would crumble them up a bit, combine it with other ingredients and use them in lettuce or collard wraps -

Mix together crunchy crumbled raw crackers, red pepper, scallions, garlic, herbs (you can buy raw seasoning mixes that make everything taste good) , dulse flakes, lemon juice, avocado or a nut/seed butter, spicy pumpkin seeds (or other flavored seeds or nuts), pepper and grated zucchini as the filling for the wrap.

You can use the crumbs in other raw recipes and salads, like croutons. Keep them in a jar in the refrigerator.

I like my raw bread on the moist side - like a quick bread consistency.

Posted by: rawisrael ()
Date: July 02, 2013 12:08AM

Thanks ! Good Ideas. My actual question, though, was should i use them as croutons, crumbles, or are they too dry to digest ( not too dry too eat).

BTW like my bread moist as well smiling smiley

All the best

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: July 07, 2013 06:25AM

I find that if sprouted grains are thoroughly blended into whatever I'm making, they don't get too dry. If you make crackers or something & don't blend everything up enough, you'll have dry, unpleasant, nubbly chunks tongue sticking out smiley

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables