Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
10 Reasons Why David (high-fat) "Avocado" Wolfe Might Be A Scam Artist
Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: July 13, 2013 09:48AM

[www.youtube.com]

life vs lifelessness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 10 Reasons Why David (high-fat) "Avocado" Wolfe Might Be A Scam Artist
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 13, 2013 10:09PM

the only scam is believing that another can scam you
only you can scam yourself into believing that you have no choice
to make

1. decisions
2. continue or discontinue
3. buy or not buy
4. believe or not believe

Posted by: Numenor ()
Date: July 13, 2013 10:41PM

David Wolfe is a great man doing great work and this is just more parroted fruitarian bullshit...

David Wolfe is NOT a Huckster! - [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2013 10:42PM by Numenor.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 13, 2013 10:48PM

I got a kick out of the mushroom story, but I also don't get why Raw Foodists have to hate David Wolfe and rehash his family history and financial situation.

Date: July 14, 2013 02:42AM

Didn't the son of Monsanto's CEO buy his company a few years back? Could it be why he doesn't talk about GM foods? l know what my intuition is saying, but best l keep it to myself.

Many raw food leaders talk nonsense and he is certainly not alone. Many have blown their reputations and credibility over the years.

David does have good knowledge and is very well studied, but l think a few people have gotten their claws into him and he is caught up in a mess he never intended getting into. l feel sorry for the poor man.

The raw food industry is definitely being targeted by big business with not such good motives, and l feel some of our leaders have been tampered with. Be very very careful of packaged raw foods, that's all l will say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 02:47AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 14, 2013 03:28AM

We also have to be very careful of David's claims about foods. For eg, he claims cacao is the highest source of iron (possibly true), but his claims are highly misleading and can land one into trouble if they don't see past the surface of this basic raw food 101 argument. What he won't address is bioavailability of iron in cacao. There is now good science which shows that the phytic acid in cacao beans has a strong ability to bind specifically with iron during the acid environment in the stomach in non ruminant species (humans) and is far less available in the alkaline environment in the intestines. So in effect beans can cause iron losses. Science is still unable to conclude the effects of pytic acid on calcium, magnesium and other minerals, but can positively conclude that copper absorption is not effected.

See, David relies on ignorance of his subjects to be able to get away with what he says as truth. He has many holes in his theories on food, so be very careful. Dr Clement has holes in his theories, Dr Graham has holes in his theories, Dr Jubb has holes in his theories too..most of them do.

We just need to be aware. Doesn't mean we have to hate on them, it just means we need to expose their nonsense so people don't fall into traps. When people try to be all knowing heros it usually means their downfall is near. We need to be level headed, take the time to read the boring science studies, and take health articles/books and internet opinions with a grain of salt unless they can reference the science research and /or common sense to support their opinions.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2013 03:35AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: THECOLORGREEN ()
Date: July 14, 2013 05:25AM

Well at least he promotes avocados and less doritos. He is very influential to the sick. As a man who claims to cure all with superfoods can spike up superstions. Thats all I have to say.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: July 14, 2013 07:02AM

Jonas, do you find youtubes like this an example of your much valued NVC principles when it comes to communication?

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: July 16, 2013 06:46PM

Brian Clements do not have holes in his theories.

Date: July 16, 2013 09:23PM

madinah Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brian Clements do not have holes in his theories.

He says mung beans are a very digestable food, yet some people have problems digesting them.

He says fruits make it difficult to heal from cancer because of the sugar, yet Dr Moorse claims to heal people from cancer.

He comes across that consuming good amounts of algae is good, but various varieties are very high in tannins.

He talks about consuming sprouted beans and lentils, but those things consume indigestable proteins.

Brian does have the best diet for the average man and knows far more than most raw food leaders, but he still has a way to go before he masters diet. No-one has all the answers.

Date: July 17, 2013 03:26AM

hey sproutarian man

not interested in the DW or B Clemmens debate

but, could i get your personal elucidation concerning algaes and tannins

as well as your last sentence where u talked about sprouted beans and lentils digesting indigestible proteins?

i did not understand your last sentence... tried to but could not make heads or tails out of what you meant

are u saying sprouted beans and lentils help to break down OTHER proteins that need to be catabolized?

or are you saying they are self digesting?
would like to learn more

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 17, 2013 10:35PM

Numenor Wrote:
> David Wolfe is a great man doing great work and
> this is just more parroted fruitarian bullshit...
>
> David Wolfe is NOT a Huckster! -
> [www.youtube.com]

Ok that was not a good defense for DW! In fact I think that guy was stoned, he never seemed to open his eyes once! Wow, how many facts did he present? well, none that I heard until I could not stand another minute so stopped the video! lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 10:49PM by rzman10001.

Date: July 17, 2013 10:48PM

Wow, that video was a straight up "Nutriblast" lol. Please tell me if you guys know? was that stuff about his family true?

Very funny when he is talking all crazy about mushroom spores coming from outer space and stuff. Not to say this is not true, but it's funny none the less lol. And how the cacao comes from the sun energy lol. That was halarious. I don't have anything against him but if you are a bullshit artist then you are going to get called on it. That's not to say that he is a bad guy and he does not care about people and their health, it is just what it is. I like the part were he says the blender transforms veggies into nutrition somehow, sorry can't remember the exact wording, good stuff. Good humor hope he can watch it and learn something about himself.

Date: July 17, 2013 11:03PM

la_veronique Wrote:

> but, could i get your personal elucidation
> concerning algaes and tannins

From reading much science research it looks like tannins could be binding with proteins to make them undigestable in animals and humans alike. Eventhough some of these trypsin inhibitors can only make up 6% of the total protein, they can inhibit protein digestion by 30 - 50% in some cases. Now this doesn't mean it is as clear cut as that, but this is just one of many examples that could demonstrate the problems with tannins in our diet. From reading dozens of science research articles we can't conclude anything 100%, but the possibility of tannin binding with proteins, starches and minerals and making them partly digestable is definitely a possibility.

Unripe fruit has tannins (most fruit available today), grasses have tannins, vegetables have tannins, sprouts have tannins...but many tannins can be sprouted out to minimal levels for many sprouts...but still a potential problem.

>
> as well as your last sentence where u talked
> about sprouted beans and lentils digesting
> indigestible proteins?
No, sprouted legumes wouldn't be able to digest indigestable proteins, but they do appear to help digest digestable proteins.

I said it appears that sprouted legumes do have indigestable proteins because people do report not digesting these foods well and report bloating. This could also be from indigestable starches because caused by a series of factors.

>
> i did not understand your last sentence... tried
> to but could not make heads or tails out of what
> you meant
>
> are u saying sprouted beans and lentils help to
> break down OTHER proteins that need to be
> catabolized?
It appears they do. Sprouts do seem to have reserved digestive enzymes and other factors that help the body digest concentrated nutrients, but due to their anti-nutrients they also might contribute to other problems. Science can't 100% prove this yet, but it does seem to be the reality of anti-nutrients in the real world.

>
> or are you saying they are self digesting?
> would like to learn more

Yes and no. They can self digest many proteins, starches, fatty acids to high levels, but there are certain rogue elements in the plant that they can't digest, and we can't digest them either.

I hate linking articles with no science, but you might want to read this. At least it is user friendly and simple.
[www.ansci.cornell.edu]

Of course the link is simplified, but it shows that tannins is potentially a great problem.

See, it's a really tricky thing. Dr Clement never discusses these issues. Like all raw fooders, he simplifies diet, but Dr Jubb does talk about these issues and says these indigestable nutrients collect in the body and cause all sorts of long term problems. l could well imagine Dr Jubb is correct. Sure we can get our nutrients and do o.k on decent raw diets, but it also could show that all food is not truely health giving and natural to humans and we were possibly breatharian at one time in our past (just a theory). BUT....no need to worry....when we eat these so called un-natural foods (probably all foods today) it means we should be having lots of distilled water to cleanse the body of the rogue elements that collect in our organs and tissues.

I will talk extensively about this on my website in time, but l still have lots of work to do. It will take lots more time to read the science and summerize all the material. It's not an easy job, but it needs to be done because no raw fooders have covered this vital area in detail because it scares people and breaks the illusion that a raw diet is healthy. I don't believe any raw diet is truely healthy or perfect, but we can do things to maximise our health from the foods we have.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2013 11:14PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 17, 2013 11:19PM

We need to stop simplifying food in terms of nutrients, we need to dig a lot further than that. Anti-nutrients potentially play a significant factor, and studies of humans do point that my viewpoint is maybe not so far fetched. No-one wants to hear this doom and gloom, but it needs to be said. No diet is perfect...we need to add distilled water detox to counteract the un-natural foods to our diet, thAt is my conclusion so far.

Date: July 18, 2013 12:28AM

Some big high level spiritual talk - beware and read at your own risk

And people may argue `breatharian...are you kidding...what about the animals and the food chain?'.

See, this is where humans get blown out because they aren't ready to accept anything outside of their simple illusion. But l will make quick mention of a possibility here. l would simply say that the food chain was put here because we fell from grace as highly evolved and perfect breatharians here or from other planets. l put it to you that we are all orbs of light wearing various suits on this planet that are not efficiently designed to handle the Earth envirnoment..that includes all animals. l put it to you that on other high level planets that no animals or people need to eat. l put it to you that on other high level planets that animals are only orbs of light (people if you will) wearing a different suit to keep things interesting for all beings living on those planets.

Funny enough, some very high level enlightened spiritual masters say the same thing, and l do believe they are probably right because that's what the cosmos is telling me as an enlightened person (able to access cosmic info via the third eye and sound vibrations). We average humans have no idea of our true reality because we live in a complete illusion.

This is very high level talk so l won't say anymore because most people simply aren't ready for it.

O.k, l said it. We better get back to our Earthly illusions again...the non truthly matter.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 18, 2013 02:49AM

hey sproutarian

thanks for your detailed reply to my questions i posed concerning tannins as well as sprouts and their ability to catabolize other proteins etc. I really appreciate it and will scrutinize what you said in more detail. What you say concerning the possibility of humans being breatharians make a LOT of sense. I have not encountered a single food item that does not have anti nutrients. Plants are sentient beings and extraordinarily territorial and animalistic and apparently have ( looking at their chemical constitution as well as their behavior) an intrepid DESIRE to survive hence all the chemicals that repel animals (including humans) I have always believed that this was the destiny of those who are able to perceive in realms that are not visible but certainly detectable to Spirit. I used to voice my views on this site prior concerning breatharianism but the majority of the people here seemed profoundly inimicus to such views thus I chose to keep them to myself. At any rate, thanks for the awesome posts : much appreciated!!!

Veronique

Date: July 18, 2013 02:51AM

hi sproutman

thanks for answering my questions
I sent you a PM

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:07AM

I think its great that DW is out there pushing fruits and veggies and a highspeed personal blender .. what hes doing is promoting good choices

CHOICES

what he sells or promotes otherwise is up to you to buy or not buy... CHOICES .. nobody is shoving this stuff down your throat .. CHOICES

if people are gullible enough to buy cow placenta and deer antler dont blame the guy selling it ..CHOICES ..use your own brains people you have a CHOICE buy or dont buy .,. do the research and decide whats good for you ..CHOICES

I really hate posts like this they seem so pointless

you have a CHOICE

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 18, 2013 04:53PM

la_veronique Wrote:

> I sent you a PM

How did you do that because the PM function isn't working for me?

Date: July 18, 2013 06:24PM

sproutman

scratch the PM
i think there was some computer error

kidraw

yeah, i just realized this myself
about the PM not working

Posted by: HH ()
Date: July 19, 2013 05:55PM

The PM function is malfunctioning differently for you than it is for others. We can't even write any text.

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutman
>
> scratch the PM
> i think there was some computer error
>
> kidraw
>
> yeah, i just realized this myself
> about the PM not working

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: July 20, 2013 01:50AM

Jgunn Wrote:
> I think its great that DW is out there pushing
> fruits and veggies and a highspeed personal
> blender .. what hes doing is promoting good
> choices
>
> CHOICES

he didnt promote those fruits and veggies before. he promoted expensive bottles of superfoods because they lined his pockets.

now he is promoting a blender to line his pockets. hes not getting paid to promote fruits and veggies.

the cycle of this man's career is do whatever it takes to make money.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 21, 2013 10:54PM

fruitylou he did promote fruits and veggies before Ive been folloing him since 1998 .. Yes he has been promoting bottles of superfoods and lotions and potions and yes he is promoting a peice of equipment

but in the meantime there has always been fruits and veggies along the way

do you begrudge someone to make a living ? we all have to make a living.. you do something to make a living too right? .. how you spend your money is your choice .. you dont have to buy the bottles lotions and potions its your choice

but to say he hasnt encouraged eating more fruits and greens along the way is wrong .. he has and still is

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 22, 2013 02:04PM

lol

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: July 23, 2013 05:32AM

Yes, we all have decisions to make. Sometimes they're good and some bad, depending on the outcome and circumstances.

All these people promoting this and that food, saying they do this or that for our bodies or spirituality etc.

It's great in my opinion, cause it gives me extra info to sort through and compare with what I already know. And perhaps I'm interested enough to do a little research and I may either reject that new info or add it to my knowledge.

Sometimes I might even rearrange what I already know, and by means of this new information form a new belief.

Isn't that how we learn?

cheers, jalan

Date: July 24, 2013 10:30AM

i don't see things as good or bad or right or wrong (moral judgement) i see the needs behind actions and the consquences of those actions

to scam seems an action of exploiting , for a similar reason people do veganism correct? and many of the prodcuts he sells are based on killing and stealing or promoting known and verified toxins.

got do must have to should .. - part of the language of domination (amtssprache) that denies choice/responsability, be it the choice to not trick people or kill or steal or lie about w/e (having studies etc)

so a unmet need other people might have is for integrity, respect or honesty and to offer him empathy you'd ask how he would feel if the same were to happen to him like whem Clement sold the Acid Clarity water to him and Monarch and wouldn't refund them when it turned dangerous for peoples need for well being. because we live in a world dominated by faux currency baesd on fraction reerve banking i don't really see as a great excuse to excuse behavior that does to others you wouldn't want done to yourself.

nothing new in this word just different ways of packaging it if we learn deeper reasons behind stuff greta that is why we use concensus to hear all voices and test not lie cheat steal and manipulate others and we see how this behaviors if not stoped and called out but exused can continue passing to future generations . and even go so far as to lead to the loss of human life not just ant life etc.

warmly Diogenez

life vs lifelessness

Date: July 25, 2013 07:46PM

Diogenez, here is some puntuation just drop it in there where ever you want....,,,,,''''''?????

I think that we need to remember David Wolf might just be an idiot lol jab jab just kidding. He is just stuck in his own mind and does'nt know any better. Unfortunately he does not have good common sense in my opinion. He is just ignorant to the truth as many of us are and so am I,and, he has no scientific background that I know of? But at least he is pushing "healthy" stuff/info. on us that we might not know about. Then we can decide what to do with the information. Remember that commercial concerning crash dummies "You can learn a lot from a Dummy" we'll there ya go, get to learning, chuckle chuckle.

Date: July 25, 2013 10:53PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> Diogenez, here is some puntuation just drop it in
> there where ever you want....,,,,,''''''?????
>
> I think that we need to remember David Wolf might
> just be an idiot lol jab jab just kidding. He is
> just stuck in his own mind and does'nt know any
> better. Unfortunately he does not have good
> common sense in my opinion. He is just ignorant
> to the truth as many of us are and so am I,and, he
> has no scientific background that I know of? But
> at least he is pushing "healthy" stuff/info. on us
> that we might not know about. Then we can decide
> what to do with the information. Remember that
> commercial concerning crash dummies "You can learn
> a lot from a Dummy" we'll there ya go, get to
> learning, chuckle chuckle.

Unfortunately all the raw food leaders do greatly simplify the raw vegan diet because it is much easier to sell it. They focus on the simple arguments on raw foods, but they never focus on the deeper issues because cracks in the raw food diet start to appear and it is much harder to sell because it requires people to think deeply about issues and the reality of the raw diet being hard work. The raw leaders like to make the raw vegan diet sound quick and easy, but the reality is very very different. The raw food articles online are all glossy like living in fairyland and people will get a false sence of confidence.

Fortunately Brian Clement has gone further than most, but he is still not telling the full story and digging deep enough. He tells many good things but he still talks about using sprouted beans and grains as staples, but that is not enough, further processing is needed. He also doesn't warn about the problems with blue-green and green algaes being extremely high in tannins and how to deal with this problem.

Raw food leaders talk `raw food 101', and it's usually a short term plan (that's why many raw leaders will cheat...they find out they didn't know so much about the raw diet afterall), that's why so many won't be able to sustain a raw vegan diet in the long term....people are not given all the information to make it a sucessful diet. Diets also need to change and evolve over time according to various factors, certain foods need to be included, fresh foods need to be eaten, certain food processing techniques need to be employed and we need to get to a physical and spiritual point where man can survive on smaller amounts of food in the long run to minimise the effects of anti nutrients in certain food staples.

Definitely though, a diet needs to change over time. Eating the same way for years is a recipe for disaster. No-one ever talks about this much.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2013 10:59PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 26, 2013 01:36AM

hey sproutman

i was just reading the tannin article that you linked

pretty interesting

i was wondering however what you would propose as a solution to blue green algae consumption in regards to its tannin contents

is there a way to ameliorate the effects of tannin in spirulina?

do you know if the tannen constituency is high ( compared to say.... blueberries) or relatively low

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables