Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 10 Reasons Why David (high-fat) "Avocado" Wolfe Might Be A Scam Artist
Date: July 26, 2013 01:45AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hey sproutman
>
> i was just reading the tannin article that you
> linked
>
> pretty interesting
>
> i was wondering however what you would propose as
> a solution to blue green algae consumption in
> regards to its tannin contents

l think the best way would be to soak spirulina in fermented wheat sprout water (fermented at ideal temperitures) for an hour and drink in the liquid. l want to find more research on this in time, specifically about algae tannin reduction, but l truely think my method is probably one of the best ways possible.

>
> do you know if the tannen constituency is high (
> compared to say.... blueberries) or relatively low

It appears to always be very high tannins in both Chlorella and Spirulina.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 26, 2013 10:01PM

sproutman

<<l think the best way would be to soak spirulina in fermented wheat sprout water (fermented at ideal temperitures) for an hour and drink in the liquid.>>

hmm... interesting
how does this process reduce/neutralize tannin

Date: July 27, 2013 10:02PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutman
>
> <>
>
> hmm... interesting
> how does this process reduce/neutralize tannin

The lactic acid and other good bacteria's in the fermented grain sprout drink break down the tannins ALOT!!!

Here is just two short link to a science article which talks about tannin reduction via fermentation:
[www.sciencedirect.com]

[www.ccsenet.org]

The great thing is, you don't need to soak the spirulina for long because the bacteria from the fermented grain drink is ready to go straight away. Even try soaking it for two or three hours and drink fermented spirulina. You WILL feel the benefits.

I ferment all my foods and the difference is ASTOUNDING!!! My body hums like a finely tuned machine and l feel close to immortal. All my food goes down smooth like silk and the diet is FAR improved. I feel the greatest of pleasure each day and my energy just goes on and on and on with very little food.

The sproutarian diet is course (full of anti nutrients/toxins), but when you ferment the sproutarian diet it is super powerful.

Best to ferment any vegetables because there are no nutritional loses suffered apparently according to a couple of science journals l have seen. In fact, there are nutritional gains because it looks like some vitamins and minerals become much more bio-available. Soak veggies in fermented grain sprout water for 1.5 days. Still need to do more research in veggies.

It's all intersting stuff. The long lived people ate ordinary diets, but one thing they did do is:
* eat fermented foods
* live at high altitudes
* eat with a happy frame of mind
* not worry

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: July 27, 2013 10:58PM

hey sproutman

thanks a lot
for the tips and the links
i will be reading them shortly
pro biotics are where its at
that is for sure

Date: July 27, 2013 11:17PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> hey sproutman
>
> thanks a lot
> for the tips and the links
> i will be reading them shortly
> pro biotics are where its at
> that is for sure

The thing is....pro biotics are not always so good because various anti nutrients can bind to minerals in the acid evironment of the stomach and intestinal flora is able to do very little to absorb these bound substances. It is better to process the food first through a bacterial culture so no binding occurs in the first place.

Posted by: rainwater ()
Date: August 01, 2013 02:25PM

Okay. I'm somewhere in the middle. I will say this. Just about every raw food author is "selling" something. A different twist and voila! A new book! If David is a millionaire, so be it. Who cares enough about other peoples money to defame anyone? My personal reaction is that raw foodists that appear on you tube, which most have a web store, or something to market is that they talk way to much to say something very simple. Whether David is a huckster or not, he gets a lot of people going in a good direction, and he is a good speaker. He keeps the topic interesting even if it is something silly like cacao is energy from the sun (it could be true!:-). I love intuitive made up stuff like that. Most of the others talk and talk and talk about something that could have been noted very briefly. So, if the other "hucksters" want to catch up with David, then they should throw in more interesting topics, and become better, more concise speakers. If David is a millionaire, who cares; he is fun to listen to most the time, and he knows how to "sell". That is the American way. I might add that the rawsters that are spending time trying to defame David Wolfe need to change their diet if they are so worried about someone else being something else. The original vegetarian/vegan diet science that was laid out thousands of years ago in the Vedas was for the purpose of bringing the body to a less troublesome place so the person could have more energy for meditation and worship, not to make a religion out of nutrition.

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: August 07, 2013 12:50PM

I don't understand why his reputation didn't take too much of a hit when the plagiarism was exposed. Glossing over an act of stealing gives an indication of the raw food movement at the time, I think. And the movement as a whole at the time: who cares if it is true or not? Some people believe Norman Walker lived to be 140. Seems like a lot of people seem to overlook the lies for the bigger illusion. But I suppose people want the illusion to be true.

This is a society based on capitolism, I guess, and he is entitled to make money just like everyone else. That video did make him look a little loopy!

Date: August 08, 2013 02:02AM

janetc Wrote:
. But I suppose people want the
> illusion to be true.

Of course. lt's a big part of living in this world. The truth can be hard to comprehend and make people feel uncomfortable, so it is more comforting to believe in an illusion instead.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2013 09:05AM

or here is another thought .. maybe some people don't care. Scandalous or not perhaps it just doesn't make any whoop of a difference in their lives, I know it didn't mine .. I didn't buy the book, i don't know anyone personally that did, so I guess I had no reason to be outraged .. its not my work that was plagiarized, I leave the outrage to the author and anyone else applicable. Maybe some of us are just intelligent enough to see the difference between bananas and bullshit .. when things like this happen... I know a lot of people here are.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 08, 2013 01:59PM

Agreed, Jodi. I did not mean to imply that everyone who pursues a raw food diet are sheep. And I don't stay awake at night worrying about anything David Wolfe - or anyone making whacked-out claims about diet - does, writes, or says.

General musings from a person who wonders why David Wolfe has any integrity in the raw food movement. Other plaigarists have had their reputations ruined. Just curious why raw foodists who have capitalized commercially from the raw food movement have glossed this over. Curiosity - no more and no less.

Date: August 08, 2013 08:39PM

jantec says:

<<General musings from a person who wonders why David Wolfe has any integrity in the raw food movement. Other plaigarists have had their reputations ruined. Just curious why raw foodists who have capitalized commercially from the raw food movement have glossed this over. Curiosity - no more and no less.>>

well, you have to distinguish LITERATURE from just writing

for example, if it was found out that Hemingway plagiarized an ENTIRE book from
Walt Whitman ( let's say)... well, then... yeah, his reputation would have been
DONE... PERIOD... INSTANTLY

but , we are not exactly talking high literature here

that book just had ONE idea " eat raw"

that's it

and pretty much, lots of books in that vein say the same thing in different ways

i'm not excusing plagiarism ( I'm a very strong opponent ... VERY against it)

however, if you want to know why he continued .. its because people know him foremost as a promoter of rawfoods... not necessarily as a high literature writer

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 09, 2013 04:43AM

the other thing about this plagerism thing that bugs me is that it wasnt just David Wolfe .. the book was co written by him , Rick Dini and Stephen Arlin .. yet all fingers seem to always point to Wolfe alone ...

Were all human we all make mistakes maybe this was these boys .. the family member of the original author settled this whole thing and the book now gives credit to the original author

I am totally against plagiarism as well .. why or how did david rise above the scandal .. who knows .. charisma.. luck .. complacence ... a good marketing team .. who knows .. you here much about rick dini or stephen arlin lately .. i don`t .. david pushed past it and is doing what he loves and making money at it .. we should all be so fortunate.. lucky or determined depending on what side you see it

bottom line eat yer fruits and veggies and dont worry what some guru is doing ..wolfe or anti-wolfe, buy what you want, investigate what you can, question everything and think for yourself !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: August 10, 2013 12:16PM

Perhaps the reason he gets the brunt of the plaigarism thing is because he is the one that puts himself out there in publc - "self-proclaimed raw food expert;" while the others may not as much, if at all. He has marketed himself to be the expert.

I do understand all points of view here and I realize that his works are not on par with serious literature, but one more thing I am curious about: Did he become a popular raw food "expert" because he wrote the book, or was he a raw food guru already before the book? Did the book make him famous? Again, never read the book, never listened to him in the first place... just curious.

I'm not a guru follower. Just trying to eat more fruits and veggies for my health. I follow no guru's philosophy - all seem to have some sort of agenda, and it usually involves purchasing their products. Although I really do enjoy John Kohler's videos. He's the main reason I've got my garden going, and his videos helped me decide on the purchase of my juicer and blender. And I was pleased that this was his forum.

I'm all for making money doing what you love. I am lucky enough to be able to do this too.

Date: August 11, 2013 09:22PM

jantec

<<I do understand all points of view here and I realize that his works are not on par with serious literature, but one more thing I am curious about: Did he become a popular raw food "expert" because he wrote the book, or was he a raw food guru already before the book? Did the book make him famous? Again, never read the book, never listened to him in the first place... just curious.>>

if you were to promote yourself as heavily and consistently as he does
we would probably all know who you are too
with or without a book

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 17, 2013 06:30PM

He wrote a beautiful book: Eating For Beauty.[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: August 20, 2013 09:55AM

but he looks so ugly how to explain??

life vs lifelessness

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 20, 2013 02:22PM

Every human being is beautiful. Let's have respect for life even if we disagree on principles.

Date: September 06, 2013 01:29AM

There are a few charismatic health leaders blatantly ignoring the science on health. Imo, these people have been bought off by the NWO so the raw movement can be dumbed down with nonsense. It's interesting how these leaders ignore the science on the lipid peroxides and heavy metals concerning phytoplankton and fish oils, and how some intentionally mislead about vitamin supplements and distilled water machines.

People say, `but these people are good because they get people into fruit and vegetables'. But that is how all disinformation agents of the NWO work. They give 80% good info to get your trust, but the other 20% is harmful and will keep health people in their little old box unable to reach true health and freedom. They know many people will have trouble living on fruits and vegetables, so then comes the fish products, packaged foods (with who knows what in them) and synthetic vitamins with all sorts of dangerous chemicals in them.

Be very careful folks. The raw movement is littered with good misinformation agents that go against the science and should know better, and people are falling for it because they aren't reading the science and calling these people out.

The Earth has been intentionally polluted and many have moved to natural therapies, vegetarianism, organic food and filtered water, but do you think they are going to leave that group alone to escape the polluted mess we live in? No way!...they have come after us raw food people, have dumbed many of us down and are filling our bodies with all types of nonsense.

Health leaders start off with good intentions, they become good speakers and promotors of positive things, but then some get bought off imo and start introducing very questionable concepts that is harmful and contrary to scientic health findings.

A plan
Why don't we start posting proper science which exposes these people's nonsense so people wake up to their fraud. No need to abuse them or call them names...lets just expose them by posting science and revealing flaws in their logic. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2013 01:38AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: September 06, 2013 04:07AM

Funny thing about '' posting science and exposing then '' on a board like this!!!
It seems that people on these boards only use science to back up their arguments when it suits them. If it doesn't agree with them or suits their argument then they rubbish the science - e.g. flouride, protein, the 5 food groups, etc, so how are we going to decide which science to support?

Date: September 06, 2013 04:53AM

BJ Wrote:
> Funny thing about '' posting science and exposing
> then '' on a board like this!!!
> It seems that people on these boards only use
> science to back up their arguments when it suits
> them. If it doesn't agree with them or suits their
> argument then they rubbish the science - e.g.
> flouride, protein, the 5 food groups, etc, so how
> are we going to decide which science to support?

By finding holes in the partial science and using better science and common sense. Eg, there is science to pick holes in this misleading science. There is science to pick holes in the flouride is good for us science.

So...their is science to reveal that fish oils and phytoplankton is bad for us too despite what benefits it may offer. There is science to show that raw vegan foods can cause health problems despite science saying it is healthy for us (but we can fix that problem).

BJ, there is a way to do this properly by adressing the entire issues and not just partial issues.

Certain science and common sense thinking will over ride much of the stuff said by raw food leaders. Many raw food leaders will talk about misleading partial realities, but they usually don't adress all the ussies that need to be adressed, so they have gapping holes in much of what they say. We can definitely do this and use the science as a friend and not as a foe, you watch.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 06, 2013 01:24PM

Sigh. I worked at the warehouse while he was researching for that book, eating for beauty. That was a cash grab of the most blatant sort, writing a book based on how to eat foods to increase your physical beauty. It's like the yogarobics people do here. A total appropriation of another culture's religious practice to get your a$$ in shape. We're so gross.

At the same time DW had me researching some old paperwork, correspondence from Ann Wigmore and friends, trying to find some evidence that he could use socially and from a business perspective against Brian Clement. The man is not a nice person. I could say more but why bother? He's just yucky IMO. And ridiculous looking, lol. There's that too.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables