Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

starter
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2006 10:13AM

Hi everybody,

Im a starter here and would like some help to figure out some things. First of all, Im gonna go for a raw food diet to recover my sexual libido (which is somehow gone due to the use of a drug to prevent hairloss, finasteride). I have regained my libido now in several occasions, but it never stays 100% like before. Doctor have said that its normal for the body to take a long time to heal itself. Im that process now...

One thing Ive noticed helps a lot, is eating healthy. Everytime Ive folled a healthy diet, my libido has increased a lot. That is why Im going to try this.
Anybody here has had similar problems with libido that have recovered thanks to a healthy diet?

Anyway, Im a starter and dont know many things, such as what food not to eat.

1.) I know cereal is good, but, may I take it with yogurt?
2.) Yogurt must go with sugar, but I know sugar is not good. So can I put brown sugar instead?
3.) is fish forbiden at all??
4.) any easy recipees to start eating the right way??

thanks everybody for reading and answering.

Searchfhealth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: starter
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 14, 2006 10:30AM

I don't think you will get to many responses on these questions as this is a Raw food and Vegan board so most people here don't eat things like fish and yogurt.
You may want to consider doing a little more research on the Raw Food Diet and see if that is what you want to do.
There is a section for recipes on this site if you want to look into healthy raw recipes.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 14, 2006 10:36AM

Maca is known for helping with libido. It is a root vegetable from Peru, often available in a powdered form which you can add to your food.

See the recipes board on this site for some recipes: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

but basically just search the internet for the recipe you want and include the word raw, there are tons out there, I post my recipes to my blog [www.rawrob.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:06AM

thanks for the two posts above!!

About the fish and the yogurt, I was just wondering if those could be eaten, but now I know... What about sugar? is there any sugar available that is compatible with a raw diet?

Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:19AM

I believe you may have the wrong idea about what eating raw means. As others have suggested, you might want to research it a bit more. I recently went from a vegetarian to raw and I was surprised at how much food I needed to cut out, in order to be raw.

Having said that, everyone has their own way of doing things. Some people, like me, need to jump in with both feet and not allow myself any wiggle room. Other people take baby steps. The most important thing, in my opinion, is that you find what works for you.

You can certainly start by adding more raw foods into your diet and replacing the things you would normally have cooked.

1.) I know cereal is good, but, may I take it with yogurt?
Most commercial cereals are not raw. Even aside from the actual process of making yogurt, I imagine the milk used for it is pasteurized and, therefore, makes it not raw.

2.) Yogurt must go with sugar, but I know sugar is not good. So can I put brown sugar instead?
Neither white nor brown sugars are considered raw. There are some raw sweeteners, but I have not tried any of them.

3.) is fish forbiden at all??
That depends on who you ask. Technically, it is raw. However, many people advise against eating raw fish, for various reasons. I would say that it is up to you.

4.) any easy recipees to start eating the right way??
My first raw food meal was a tropical fruit salad. I cut up some fresh pineapple, a banana, and shredded some coconut. It was absolutely delicious.

Also, you can Google "raw food, recipe" and you will get a lot of hits.

Best of luck.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:24AM

I use dried fruits as a sweetener, especially dates.

There is also agave syrup, which is processed in some way but some claim to be raw.

Also xylitol which is made from birch sap.

Lucuma powder is a dried fruit, powdered, which is sweet.

Stevia is a leaf which is often dried and powdered and used as a sweetner.

hope this helps

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables