Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Exceptions...
Posted by: customagic ()
Date: November 14, 2006 03:16PM

Hi! I returned to be mostly raw once again...smiling smiley
Right now I am about 80% raw.
I have been a vegitarian for the past 5 years...exception of some fish occasionally.

Is there anyone here allow exceptions and get back into raw food lifestyle right away? For example when my friend invite me for a pizza party, I eat a slice or two there but never again...until an occasion comes up. (I am not a big fan of pizza anyways.)

My biggest problem is when I go back to my home in Japan. They have very few organic produce...I go out with my family and friends a lot and most restaurants do not cater for raw foodists. Not so much flexiblity at a restaurant there.
I go back every year about 4 to 6 weeks. So it is pretty long duration...It is long enough for me to be addicted to cooked food there. I have two kids who are not raw fooddist..and my husband is not either.

I am just thinking ahead...I wonder if there is anyone here with similar situation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Exceptions...
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 17, 2006 02:57AM

you can ask restaurants to cut you some tomatoes with olive oil or to make you something special.

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 17, 2006 07:23AM

Traveling while raw is not difficult. You just need to have a plan. I have traveled around the world and remained raw. I want to go to japan one day, and am confident, I will be able to remain there raw as well.

You are 80% so you should be able to maintain that percentage while you are there. Here are some suggestions:

1. Get organic if possible, if not, get items from local markets - from farmers. Many probably grow "the old ways" - no pesticides, etc. Otherwise eat non-organic. Get hydroponic items when possible instead of "conventional" they are a better choice. I ate greenhouse - hydroponic grown tomatoes while in iceland!

2. When out with friends at restaurants, eat a large salad, get some pickled vegetables (hopefully they are not colored with food color) but made the traditional way. ask for a plate of fresh, raw cut up vegetables. If that is not possible, maybe this could be the 20% that is not raw, and have some steamed vegetables, or other vegan, minimally-processed foods.

3. When at home, eat raw, since your doing your own thing. shop at farmers markets, health food stores and grocery stores for fresh produce. Juicing is a good way to increase raw percentage.

4. Have fun!

Posted by: customagic ()
Date: November 19, 2006 01:33PM

Thank you for responding to my post!

I think many times I just feel like I have no control over a lot of things...and I return to my old ways when I am in Japan.

Many restaurants only serve tiny potion of salad...mostly iceberg lettus.
A lot of them do not even carry salad or any raw food items.

At least I can remain raw at home as admin suggests..
I will do my best there.
Thank you so much for your support!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 19, 2006 01:52PM

Hi, I spent a year in Japan some years back, so I guess you are right to some extent about not being able to 'go' raw totally (unless its flesh!smiling smiley). But it is possible to go to the Buddhist places to eat - which are all vegetarian - and more open to experimenting. Also, in Kyoto at least there were new macrobiotic places coming up in the late '90s which had delicious vegetarian/vegan food, a reasonable part of which was raw. So I guess its a matter of looking and choosing well. Good luck!

Anu

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 20, 2006 05:33AM

I traveled out of the country over the summer, where I would bring my own food at resturaunts. They didn't seem to mind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables