Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting out
Posted by: violetpetals ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:21PM

I am new to being totally raw but not new to vegan. I am a trained Natural Foods Chef. So I have lots of background in foods.

What are the best resources/books that can give me meal plans. And basics food to use.

I have severe cravings for nuts/nut butter constantly and dates. I am feeling great then out of balance a bit spacey. So I need to adjust.

Also, it is challenging cooking for my family and doing raw for myself. I appreciate any input.

Thank you

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting out
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:28PM

Just a couple of opinions:

-If you are feeling spacey...then you are changing too fast. Go back to a level of raw eating that you ARE very comfortable with....set smaller goals...and stretch from there.

-In the beginning / transition, I think most folks are going to crave excessive fats (nuts, avocadoes, etc.) and sweets (dates, etc.). This is normal. Just set some goals...and try to get in mostly greens and fresh fruits.

-A good book is Gabriel Cousens Conscious Eating. This site has plenty of great recipes to get you started. I hear that 12 Steps to Raw is also a great book.

-Just be a good example for your family....stock the house with healthy foods....and be successful. You'll make plenty of converts that way.

-Just some suggestions / opinions.

-Thank you for your intelligent questions.

-David Z. Mason

Re: Starting out
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 14, 2006 11:41PM

Your best resources for meal planning will be the pantry and search functions at [www.nutritiondata.com]

You don't have to use them for every day or meal. But you will learn a lot from using them the first week or two.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables