Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food books you own, + what are you reading at the moment
Date: September 25, 2013 11:12PM

I guess many of us own health books, so l would be very interested to see what books people have in their collection.

Are you reading any books currently?

www.thesproutarian.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food books you own, + what are you reading at the moment
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 25, 2013 11:23PM

You didn't list any of yours? sad smiley

I own too many to name but some of my faves:

"Sunfood Diet and Success System" and "Eating for Beauty" by David Wolfe. As much as I like to have a bit of fun with some of his videos (the latest being that blender infomercial), I do respect his information and these are go-to books in my collection.

Susan Schenk's "Live Food Factor," which compiles different authors and forms of raw food philosophies.

I like Ani Phyo's hardcover recipe book (not the newest diet one) because it's pretty comprehensive. She even includes fermented foods like kefir and krauts/kimchi.

Viktoras Kulvinskas' "Surival in the 21st Century" is comprehensive in that it connects raw foods with spiritual practices. It also has that wonderfully goofy hippie vibe.

Date: September 26, 2013 12:48AM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You didn't list any of yours? sad smiley

l'll get to that later. Surprisingly l don't own many because l have always relied on my good intuition about foods to lead my own way, but l have about 30 - 40 books overall. I wouldn't agree with many ideas most raw authors would bring up, that's why l have never bought many books. l'll list a bunch of my books later.

>
> I own too many to name but some of my faves:
>
> "Sunfood Diet and Success System" and "Eating for
> Beauty" by David Wolfe. As much as I like to have
> a bit of fun with some of his videos (the latest
> being that blender infomercial), I do respect his
> information and these are go-to books in my
> collection.

Yes, l might buy some of Woofy's early books one day.

>
> Viktoras Kulvinskas' "Surival in the 21st Century"
> is comprehensive in that it connects raw foods
> with spiritual practices. It also has that
> wonderfully goofy hippie vibe.

Now THAT is a classic and really got me started and dreaming about the potentials for human perfection. l read that book over and over and over. It's the book that will have a special place in my heart over all other books. Yes, it did have a 70's hippie vibe to it. I want to write an updated version of that book, and l have more respect for Kulvinskas and Wigmore than any other raw food people by far. Kulvinskas was like a hero to me, and so was Dr Ann.

-----------------
I am currently reading a hilarious book by Fred Patenaude called `Raw Food Controversies'. It's highly unusual for me to read a book from someone who was a natural hygienist, but this book is a total hoot....l can't stop laughing and have this big grin on my face. He is talking about all the crazy characters in the raw food movement who he initially thought were peace loving hippie types, but was surprised to find many were eccentric and the opposite of gentle hippie types. I got a good laugh about the heavy metal blasting David Wolfe and his antics, but the really funny man was the raw food chef `Juliano'...really eccentric, loved his pot and LSD, lived on peaches, partied for days on end and slept on his kitchen table while playing brutally loud death metal from his sterio. :lol: Then there was another fellow who would eat crazy stuff like a bowl of raw eggs, a big jar of honey, raw fish and all that. The characters in the book were off their heads eccentric, but then again...we all have our quirks, me included. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2013 12:53AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: September 26, 2013 01:41AM

Wow, I have heard of that one and will see if it's in any libraries.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 26, 2013 08:31AM

I have several books (like ~10). I don't like D. Wolf books sad smiley (too many pictures of him inside from his younger years).

The one I like is this one (though I don't agree 100% in everything):

The-Detox-Miracle-Sourcebook

[www.amazon.com]

Date: September 26, 2013 03:11PM

I have Gabriel Cousens' book on spiritual nutrition. Interesting, if a bit quirky when he refers to himself in the third-person.

Yup, the sprout books, including by Ann Wigmore. I guess she never wrote a more comprehensive book on other aspects of her diet, eh?

I have that Jubb book. The recipes seemed a bit too involved to me but I plan to try a few.

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: September 26, 2013 09:28PM

Here's a book I purchased recently (in French):

La nourriture pranique (Pranic Eating), by Henri Montford (a French breathtarianist).

I also bought Michael Werner's book (in English) on the same subject a few years ago.

I have a few others books (in English and French) - I'll share the titles/authors later if I can get enough time to write it down winking smiley

Blessings and love
Cynthia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables