Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida!
Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 06:07PM

I was checking out some info. on Candida and realize that there are thousands of sites out there but I thought that I would post this one as it is easy to just scroll down and read what you want. Also the description of how yeast functions is pretty good for the new to the subject. I don't get around the internet much so maybe there are better but this is pretty good imo.
[candida-yeast-infection-relief.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida!
Date: October 03, 2013 12:41AM

You say "Also the spit test is not an accurate method of determining if you have candida overgrowth or not." Well then what is? this is the issue. You should have said what is then? The only other test that is of any use at all is a "Live Blood Analysis" The spit test has worked for every one I have seen use it and it is free. It should be followed up by a LBA if one is not sure. Please don't tell me that a blood test is what you would prescribe! They are worthless and would only show fungus if it were coming out of every orfice of your body. At this point I will tell you you have yeast without the test and you can just write me a check lol. Good to see you back! I will address you by your old user name unless otherwise.

Date: October 03, 2013 07:10PM

Stool samples are not accurate, expensive and don't tell if it is systemic. You should not tell people that standard blood tests work because they do not! not even close like I stated! A stool sample is way better than the blood work though as it will show many other factors important to healing. Unfortunately it is hit or miss. Sometimes the yeast will not leave the colon with the sample but stay stuck to the bowel wall. I don't know why you keep insisting that these tests are accurate when they are not! If you don't know than let it go. If you do have experience in this area then something is terribly wrong?

Date: October 03, 2013 08:54PM

You clearly don't have any experience in this area so I will not comment further. I should have learned from our last conversation.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: October 19, 2013 08:45PM

I have personally done the stool sample test you speak of multiple times along with blood cultures and they don't work most of the time. If you insist on quoting doctors recommendations then then you will always be twenty years behind current science. You might as well spit into a cup if you are going to use one of these tests LOL. If you don't believe in this diet and forward thinking studies then why do you post here? Why don't you read some of the literature from some of the leaders in the holistic movement on yeast infections. And if you want to quote some more studies that were lobbied by some scientist to make a pay check then do so if it makes you happy. O yeah, "Infections don't vary in different people" is one of your quotes. Systemic Candidiasis is life threatening LOL and it can only be severe LOL. Some people live with all types of infections for most of their lives and don't even know it, even cancer! Why would fungus be any different? That's just wildly illogical.

Date: October 20, 2013 04:24PM

powerlifter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> systemic candidiasis which
> is a blood infection that can cause sepsis and
> even death, generally only occurs in severely
> immuno compromised individuals ?
>
> Lol now your making up quotes for me, what does
> that even mean(infections don't vary in different
> people ?, i have never said that piece of text
> before in my life. Sounds like it came from
> yourself.

YOU HAVE JUST SAID IT AGAIN! YOU ARE SAYING HOW LIFE THREATENING IT IS HAVING FUNGAS IN YOUR BLOOD!

YOU ARE COMPLETELY IGNORANT TO THE FACT THAT IT IS ONLY LIFE THREATENING TO SEVERELY IMMUNO COMPROMISED PEOPLE!

IT IS THIS WAY BECAUSE IT IS A NASTY INFECTION, WHEN YOU IMMUNE SYSTEM IS RESONABLY HEALTY IT KEEPS IT IN CHECK AND THATS HOW IT LIKE ALL INFECTIONS VARY!

>
> Yes no method is 100% accurate and stool analysis
> from good quality labs is no different. Sometimes
> parasites will be found, other times they will be
> missed. Its the best tests we have access to for
> gut health analysis in terms of microbiology
> though.

THESE DON'T ADDRESS SYSTEMIC INFECTIONS AND ARE A WASTE OF MONEY FOR SOMEONE WHO IS STRUGGLING WITH THIER FINANCES. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY FOR SOMEONE THAT HAS A SYSTEMIC FUNGAL INFECTION WHICH CAN ONLY BE DETECTED BY LOOKING AT THE BLOOD WITH THE NAKED EYE IN REAL TIME VIA DARKFIELD MICROSCOPY! DOH! THEY ARE GOOD FOR OTHER ISSUES OF COARSE I ALREADY STATED THAT!

THIS TEST IS INEFECTIVE, WHAT IS IT THAT YOU DON'T GET? THE ONLY TEST THAT IS EFFECTIVE IS DARKFIELD MICROSCOPY, OTHERWISE YOU ARE JUST GAMBLING WITH WHAT MIGHT BE PRECIOUS MEDICAL FUNDS.

DID YOU TEST POSITIVE WITH EITHER OF YOUR TESTS?

>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:19AM by Prana.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: October 20, 2013 04:33PM

Yes it is life threatening to have blood infections of any microbe, it is known as invasive systemic candidiasis or Candidemia(a bloodstream infection with Candida). Here is a website that you can read about the true definitions of these diseases, not some anti-candida website - [www.cdc.gov]

You have no understanding what systemic invasive candidiasis actually is. It is not the same as having a localized overgrowth in the intestines which can be treated by supporting the gut flora, raising stomach acidity and so on.

Invasive systemic candidiasis requires urgent medical attention because it can result in death. This is the problem when people are reading bunk alternative candida websites rather than the accepted medical terms for these conditions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2013 04:34PM by powerlifter.

Date: October 24, 2013 04:59PM

This is not for you pwerlifter so no need to comment. Just an article that I liked. Again there are thousands out there but I just stumbled on this one not even looking for this material.

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Read all the way to the end in the comments from a person that had this issue.

Date: October 26, 2013 07:43PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Yes it is life threatening to have blood
> infections of any microbe, it is known as invasive
> systemic candidiasis or Candidemia(a bloodstream
> infection with Candida). Here is a website that
> you can read about the true definitions of these
> diseases, not some anti-candida website -
> [www.cdc.gov]
>
> You have no understanding what systemic invasive
> candidiasis actually is. It is not the same as
> having a localized overgrowth in the intestines
> which can be treated by supporting the gut flora,
> raising stomach acidity and so on.
>
> Invasive systemic candidiasis requires urgent
> medical attention because it can result in death.
> This is the problem when people are reading bunk
> alternative candida websites rather than the
> accepted medical terms for these conditions.

Yeah now I am going to start listening to the CDC, LOL.

What do you think happens when a person has Leaky Gut LOL. You don't think yeast gets into the blood at this point either lol.

Here is a quote from the doctor in the article link I posted, remember he is an MD and you are not. You seem to believe in the doctors so here you go.

"Many tests we use for diagnosis of yeast problems are not definitive or foolproof. It is often a diagnosis that must be made from a patient's story, symptoms, and physical findings on examination. Blood antibody levels for yeasts, stool tests, and organic acid urine tests (v) for yeast metabolites can be helpful if they come out positive but don't rule yeast out if they're negative."

Date: October 27, 2013 05:46PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> That is exactly what i said though, i never said
> they were 100% full proof methods of detection
> because like i said nothing is, but stool and
> blood tests can be helpful along with symptoms. A
> heck of alot more accurate than the spit test scam
> or live blood analysis.

WELL I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE SPIT TEST EXCEPT THAT IT HAS PROVEN 100% CORRECT EVERY TIME I HAVE USED IT WHEN COMPARED WITH LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS AND PHISICALY SEEING THE PRESENCE OF YEAST IN THE BOWEL OR THE STOOL. LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS IS ACCEPTED BY MOST OF THE LEADING ALTERNATIVE HEALERS INCLUDING HHI. THE FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH IT DOES NOT MAKE IT OKAY FOR YOU TO POO POO IT! YOU ARE JUST PUSHING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCES EVEN THOUGH THEY DO NOT REPRESENT BOTH SIDES OF THE SPECTRUM. I AM TELLING YOU THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED ALL OF THESE MULTIPLE TIMES PERSONALLY ALONG WITH IMPUT FROM OTHER REPUTABLE SOURCES. YOU SHOLD TAKE A LOOKK AT SOME OF THE YOUTUBE LIVE BLOOD VIDS. AND DO ONE YOUR SELF, THEY HAVE BECOME QUITE AFFORDABLE. OF COARSE YOU NEED TO GET A COMPETANT ANALIST JUST LIKE ANYTHING ELSE.
>
> The problem with going on symptoms alone is that
> many different pathogens can cause similar
> symptoms to candida overgrowth, although yeast and
> bacterial overgrowths are most common.

TO ME THIS IS A BIT INCONSEQUENTIAL, AS TAKING A SIMILAR APPROACH AS TO WHAT YOU HAVE MENTIONED HERE IS WHAT IS NEEDED ANYWAY. BOOST THE IMMUNE SYSTEM, CHANGE DIET, ETC. IS WHAT IS NEEDED.
>
> You will notice that despite whole
> body symptoms he doesn't mention systemic
> candidiasis in the article once and correctly
> references the condition as yeast/candida
> overgrowth.

OF COARSE HE DOESN'T IT'S IMPLIED WHEN HAVING BLOOD TESTED? IF IT IS IN THE BLOOD THEN IT IS SYSTEMIC! HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND.
>
> However most of the treatment options in the
> article are just the same usual i.e anti-fungal
> herbs, probiotics and the low carb/sugar candida
> diet. Restoring the gut flora and stomach acid
> levels is always where to begin, whilst lowering
> sugars in the diet.

DIDN'T YOU JUST CONTRADICT YOURSELF, THEY DID MENTION PROBIOTICS AND LOWERING SUGAR. AND STOMACH ACID IS NOT THE ONLY IMPORTANT DIGESTIVE ENZYME THAT IS IMPORTANT BUT YOU KEEP PUSHING IT EVERY TIME YOU DISCUSS THIS?
>
> These can all be helpful for reducing the
> populations of yeast, but i find with chronic
> candidiasis and other opportunistic infections the
> root cause is the result of a weak immune system,
> toxic metals and bio-chemical imbalances involving
> zinc deficiency and copper toxicity. Sometimes
> copper can be toxic whilst also being
> bio-unavailable(deficient) at the same time, this
> is the result of adrenal fatigue. Copper transport
> proteins such as ceruloplasmin are dependant on
> healthy adrenal gland function and adequate zinc
> to function properly.

OF COARSE, MOST ARE DEFICIENT AND TOXIC TO SOME EXTENT.
>
> Which brings me to that most of these individuals
> also suffer from sub-optimal adrenal gland
> function i.e adrenal fatigue. Burnout sets the
> stage for all diseases and conditions because
> energy is our currency for healing and recovery.
>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:19AM by Prana.

Date: October 28, 2013 12:15AM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Erm you do realize that the stomach acid isn't a
> digestive enzyme ? and yes its just as important
> as the gut flora in regards to overcoming
> opportunsitic intestinal infections which is why i
> talk about it so often. Bile is also very
> important, without adequate bile flow it will
> always be an uphill battle to rid the intestinal
> tract of these pathogens. Why is often why i speak
> of the benefits of bitter herbs for stimulating
> stomach acid, digestive enzyme and bile.

YES I UNDERSTAND THE ENZYME THING.
>
> Also blood antibody candida testing that he
> discussed can be used for detecting localized
> overgrowths such as thrush and intestinal
> overgrowth. Although it can be used for systemic
> candidiasis also.

SO NOW YOU ARE SAYING IT CAN BE IN THE BLOOD BUT THAT IS NOT SYSTEMIC LOL?
>
> No need for the CAPS, yes im expressing my opinion
> and own experiences with candida. I am aloud to do
> that as much as you are, even if it does upset you
> for some strange reason.

I AM USING CAPS TO SEPERATE MY COMMENT FROM YOUR QUOTE THAT'S ALL, SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. I THINK THE QUOTES HERE ARE A BIT ODD, SO THAT'S WHY I AM DOING IT.

JUST DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT TRIED BOTH AND YES MISINFORMATION UPSETS ME. A LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS WITH SHOW ALMOST 100% OF THE TIME AS OPPOSED TO A MAYBE?
>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:18AM by Prana.

Date: October 28, 2013 09:37PM

In order to culture fungus from blood you have to have a huge amount of it in the blood, otherwise it is useless. This is the issue, your average person with these infections have small amounts of fungus in the blood. This is clearly why doctors are usually of no help. The same goes for the expensive stool sample. As I said this is a great tool just not the best for fungal issues. Looking at blood in real time is by far the best tool for this type of low grade infection, that to me is common sense, no disrespect intended. All these tests have there place but looking at the blood in real time is just amazing imo. You can watch white blood cells in real time doing there job and such. You can clearly see the health of the cells and any garbage that might be in the blood. Perhaps there are a lot of snake oil types out there so the issue would be to have a good tech.

Here is a link if someone wants to take a look. I don't know the source personally but just for the convienence.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 09:37PM by Superjuice.

Date: October 30, 2013 08:11PM

This is a great read of a man that pioneered some of our views about yeast infections.

[www.trussmd.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables