Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Living Nutz Review
Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 17, 2006 04:42PM

I figured I would pass along my thoughts on some raw food that I purchased, in case anyone else was considering buying them. I bought both the Living Nutz Cina-Pecans and the Living Nutz Banana Bread Walnuts.

Cina-Pecans: I was pleasantly surprised by the Cina-Pecans. While the texture is obviously nothing like a cinnamon bun, the similar taste was more than enough to satisfy my cravings. My biggest complaint was the $6.49, for such a small bag. This definitely works for me, as a special treat for holidays and such.

Banana Bread Walnuts: I was incredibly disappointed with the Walnuts. Considering I love banana bread, I figured this would be a sure win for me. In my opinion, the banana is too strong and I think they use too much seasoning on the nuts. The flavor, in general, tastes manufactured to me. It left sort of a weird aftertaste. Also, as with the Cina-Pecans, the $6.49 for such a small bag, did not help much, either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Living Nutz Review
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 18, 2006 12:06AM

Elphaba, I hear ya! The raw gourmet type snacks can be pricey. Do you have a dehydrator? If not, you might want to invest in one and make your own treats - you can get the flavors just the way you like them and save money in the long run. Just a thought!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Elphaba ()
Date: November 20, 2006 11:33AM

I do have a dehydrator, but I am still learning how to use it. Once I am able to know what temperature and time to use, in order to achieve my desired results, I plan on experimenting a bit more.

I tried dehydrating my own peanuts, with some sea salt and they tasted horrible. Either I just do not have a taste for raw peanuts or I did something wrong.

I figured since I was starting out, I would order some commercially made raw foods and see how I like them, before going through all the trouble of actually trying to make them. The ones I do end up liking, I will probably try to duplicate at some point.

Posted by: RawRookie ()
Date: November 20, 2006 02:44PM

Elphaba,

Sounds like you and I are at the same point (or nearly) in living the Raw lifestyle. I haven't yet bought a dehydrator but I just purchased a juicer and it's on it's way in the mail! Yay!

I was thinking the same thing this weekend when I bought some raw foods from "Karyn's" in Chicago. So far the 2 things I've tried has been good but wow! Commercially made raw foods are really expensive! I am doing the same thing as you - taste a lot then try to make on my own!

Thanks for the review - These are definitely very helpful for me!

Rachel

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables