Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Favorite Foods For Detox
Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: October 20, 2013 04:27PM

What are everyones favorite foods for detoxing ?

I made a video with some of the foods i eat regularly to support the bodies natural detoxification processes some of those includ broccoli which contains glucosinolate phytonutrients that support the livers detox pathways.

Sulfur rich vegetables such as onions and garlic. Beets for a natural source of TMG/Betaine which supports the methylation process.

Im sure there are many more, so id love to hear others choices.

Top 12 Foods For Detox

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Favorite Foods For Detox
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 21, 2013 01:15AM

the music in this video was very relaxing
what was the name of it
is it classical music?
i like broccoli
never had turmeric root
looks interesting though, the root
i've had turmeric powder that i use for my salad dressing but its not the same

Date: October 21, 2013 10:14AM

Turmeric powder, is just the powdered root smiling smiley. Turmeric is great for improving bile flow, which aids toxin elimination. Curcumin is the phyto-nutrient in turmeric which inhibits Phase 1 and stimulates Phase 2 liver detoxification pathways.

Turmeric is just an amazing spice overall for health, it has strong anti-inflammatory properties and research is showing lots of potential for its anti-cancer/tumor benefits.

Not sure what the music is called La V, the track is by Tom Cusack though. Glad you found it relaxing smiling smiley.

Natu Health

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 10:18AM by powerlifter.

Date: October 21, 2013 08:58PM

Dr Clement reported that using Chlorella during the Chenobel nuclear meltdown was very helpful for many people. I think he also reported that the Japanese who ate sea weeds during the recent nuclear meltdown in Japan were the healthiest survivers of everyone.

Yes, various sea weeds can be good heavy metal detoxers, how ever it has been brought to my attention that not all sea weeds are.

Brian Clement says the sea weeds used at HHI (kelp, wakame, dulse etc) have a unique cellular structure that doesn't absorb hardly any heavy metal, but l haven't been able to confirm with any scienece as yet. Regardless, various sea weeds are spoken about in the science as heavy metal detoxers.

I've always had a soft spot for Chlorella, could talk about it all day.

Date: October 21, 2013 09:13PM

That can't be right in regards to kelp, kelp is the most powerful sea vegetable of them all for heavy metal detoxification. Kelp contains a type of fiber called alginates which is proven to remove heavy metals by binding to them in the intestinal tract.

The brown seaweed species such as kelp tend to be the only ones that contain the alginate fiber. I have had alot of success with alginates and modified citrus pectin for lowering my toxic metal issues. Both have also been proven not to bind to beneficial minerals such as zinc, magnesium, selenium like many other chelators do in the process.

It is for this reason that kelp is the best choice of sea vegetable in my opinion because as with all seafoods there is potential for some toxic metal contamination, however with kelp the alginates bind to the small amount of toxic metals if present.

All sea vegetables help to rebalance the body(which in the process removes toxic metals) this is primarily through remineralization of trace and ultra trace elements which are commonly deficient in the diet. Replacing minerals such as iodine, selenium, zinc and other trace elements also has an antagonistic effect on many toxic metals.

Natures way and Now foods are reliable brands of kelp.

Kelp Seaweed Health Benefits

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 09:17PM by powerlifter.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: October 23, 2013 07:50AM

My favorite food for detox is dry fasting. 40 hours a week.
Who said it was all about food.

Date: October 23, 2013 10:20PM

Kelp is one of the recommended things for getting rid of lectins in the body. The nasty lectins are in nightshade foods, nuts, grains, and legumes, and even fermentation and sprouting won't remove them completely. So as l have been saying, eating a good diet is one thing, but we must finish the job properly by regular detox. It doesn't matter if you are on a natural hygiene diet, detox is neccessary.

Lectins cause a whole heap of problems with nutrient binding and cause damage to the intestinal villi, and now it appears that GM foods are extra high in lectins, which means a big problem for raw food eaters.

Here is just some problems with lectins in the science literiture. This is just the tip of the iceberg...it's far worse than that.

Antinutritional properties of plant lectins

Departamento de Bioquímica e Biologia Molecular, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Caixa Postal 6020, Campus do Pici, CEP 60451-970, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil

Regular detox and fermented foods will help stop lectin damage to the body.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables