Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Natural Wine...
Posted by: LuckyRawVegan ()
Date: October 23, 2013 08:28PM

What's your view on natural wine? Good or bad?

I've been reading up onit it and it seems pretty okay. I don't know much about wine or fermenting to be honest. I've been strictly raw for almost a full year now and I haven't drank alcohol. I'm only 21 and all my mates party alot & when I go to parties I just sit there, refusing drinks. Thought naturally fermented wine could be a good substitute for the time being.

will it be good or bad for me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Natural Wine...
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: October 24, 2013 02:47AM

There is no such thing as natural wine. Grapes have to be tampered with to make wine, and often the tampering process involves such things as adding sugar and yeast, and even preservatives to keep it from going off. The term ' natural wine ' or ' organic wine ' is just a marketing ploy to fool people, or make them feel better about drinking wine. It's probably better than drinking 100% commercial wine, but that doesn't make it good. It all depends on what you want out of life.

Marijuana is natural. Magic mushrooms are natural, but that doesn't make them ok.

Having said that, does that mean you couldn't of shouldn't drink wine? At your young age you have many choices and decisions to make. Were you a wine drinker before? Would you like to drink along with them? Are you happy being where you are now? You have to realise that being 100% raw is unnatural in our society, and everything else is natural, so you need to look at the big picture. You don't have to drink. You can just go along and enjoy your natural high on raw.

You can always do an experiment and try and have some wine and see how you go. The chances are that it will affect your whole system very badly. On the other hand you might be a rare individual who can have some wine occasionally and get back to eating your 100% raw. Eating 100% raw and drinking wine is usually not compatible, so if you enjoy the wine and want to drink occasionally you might have to eat some cooked food to soak up the alcohol.

There is no right or wrong or good or bad. You have to see what works for you best and makes you happy, but don't be fooled by the term natural.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 02:49AM by BJ.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:27AM

Alcohol is a poison and it's not going to be healthy to drink it. It may be entertaining though.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 24, 2013 08:33AM

I've read articles that say a little alcholo is bad for the brain. The cells of the brain do not reproduce. Once they die bye bye.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables