Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dehydrators
Posted by: lisaloveslife ()
Date: November 18, 2006 09:14PM

Any sugestions on what to buy? Has anyone tried the "food pantrie"? It looks interesting but the food sits out at roomtemp. Is that even safe???

Lisa Renee

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself!” (An oldie but goodie)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dehydrators
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: November 19, 2006 06:12AM

Hi LR,

I have on my list to buy a 9 tray excalibur from their website: [excaliburdehydrator.com]

I haven't purchased it yet. I am waiting until Dec or Jan. I did a lot of research and that is the one the many raw people use. From what I understand, Dr Gabriel Cousens speaks to dehydrating and addresses safe temperatures for raw food.

Therese

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: November 19, 2006 08:49AM

I was so happy for the Excalibur so I became a reseller here in Sweden. We use it really often to make really awsome dishes.

Me like!
www.levandefoda.se

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 19, 2006 09:31AM

I have the D10 by Saugage Maker:
[www.sausagemaker.com]

At some point I'll post a review of it. But here are the highlights: It's nice having a stealness steel dehydrator - I'm not keen on plastic. It has a big fan, so it's very quiet. It's big, I only have half the shelves in it and hardly ever fill them. You put tall thing in by taking out shelves to make more height. It has Sausage Maker on it in big letters (this always freaks my friends out "Errr, why do YOU have a saugage maker in your kitchen"...). I'm sure they are other highlights i'm forgetting.

On the down side of the D10: It's big. It has kind of shape edges, I'm going
to try and file or sand the edges down to smooth. The door isn't that great,
it's not attached, it just hangs on the top lip - it works, but could be done in a more friendly way. The temp nob is kind of loose and hard to tune to the correct temp - I was able to do it using a thermometer.

About the plastic, I had an old plastic dehydrator, and it very brittle because the plastic has started to break down, this means off gassing in the food. I can't clean it because it so brittle, so I was always using plastic sheets or paper.

Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables