Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ann and all them turned on Harley and Freelea?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 30, 2013 04:59AM

SOOoooooooo ummmm.... hows the weather... nice clouds, huh?

and how about that rain?

yeah, sky looked pretty good today

red clouds and whatnot

and maybe even streaks of melon too

what's this deal about some WFF controversy?

its too beautiful today to not just smile at everything

even if someone put pizza into their body ( it wasn't my body...sooo... what WAS the issue again?)

let them eat their pizza

let me enjoy the clouds

just as long as no one opens your mouth and puts pizza into YOUR body ( against your will)

what's the BIG deal?

if you need to follow someone

and have a guru tell you what to eat

then its a good thing your guru ate pizza

cuz that leaves you with only yourself to follow ( as should be, in my opinion)

everything is all right in this world now

cuz someone ate some pizza

smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 30, 2013 06:21AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you. He also forgot to mention how potent
> wheatgrass was.
All of the various
> vitamins and minerals that are found in wheatgrass
> can be found in much more succulent and easily
> digestible fruits

Ah yes, the old wheatgrass is not nutritious theory. Lots of silly things floating around about wheatgrass. Very few wheatgrass studies have ever been done because it costs tens of thousands of dollars to test grass and there is very little money in it, so it never pays to have it tested. But one dubious study floating around was done by a New zealand GM company who is contracted to the pro medical establish N.Z government, and you'll find that science pro big pharma people will often quote this silly study and will conveniently leave many things out and downplay various aspects of the wheatgrass. Not surprisingly this certain wheatgrass study shows it to have neglectable amounts of nutrients that makes pretty much any food a better choice.

And then we have this appalling disinformation agent called Brian Dunning, or should l say Brian Dumbing. He trashes anything to do with natural therapies and fully supports the medical establishment because `their science' is `his science' lol. But like with all appalling researchers, he neglects to give balanced arguments about the dangerous drugs in the medical establishment he is so fond of. But it works...he has many fans who think he is the greatest researcher ever because he quotes the flawed science and gets `their science' to become `his science'.

But the questions that many don't ask is...what is his true motive, and why is he taking studies from organisations with questionable motives? And why isn't he discussing the full picture, and why is he misleading people?

He says that it is laughable that wheatgrass has oxygen...just breath the air. But he doesn't talk about people with chronic lung problems who can't breath much air in and have regenerated from the use of wheatgrass oxygen. In fact, the grass supplies more oxygen than deep breathing. This is my experience and Dr Clement backs this up also.

What about the phyto chemicals in wheatgrass.

Also: check the cronometer or nutritional profile for wheatgrain. It is impressive. And when it is sprouted the vitamins noticeably increase, and the minerals become much more bioavailable due to the breakdown of the protein by enzymes. See...this is where he comes right undone. Science shows that sprouts/grasses increase vitamin contents according to dehydrated analysis. But Mr Dunning prefers a big pharma vitamin pill with the petrochemicals, coal tar and terpentine that goes with them (the science proves this), + he prefers low absorption rates with no vitamin co-factors, + he likes binders and fillers and all that great stuff. winking smiley

I could go on and on, but the point is...people will bash the grasses by using dubious studies done by dubious organisations and dubious websites. l think Fred has fallen victim to more nonsense yet again....probably chose the GM companies study....probably listened too much to Brian Dunning.

That being said, heeeers Brian. smiling smiley
[www.youtube.com]

Btw, never mention Brian Clement, and never mention common sense in the comments section, and never mention real science, because they don't like it. What have they got to hide...why are govt, GM companies and pro big pharma people so scared of the grasses??? Could it be they really know how powerful these grasses are?

And yes, there is an old study around that shows wheatgrass is very very nutritious, and l believe it.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2013 06:35AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: fruitylou ()
Date: December 01, 2013 10:58AM

i hate these kinds of threads because they just open the flood gates to trash the individuals involved. and that is quite apparent here.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 02, 2013 03:58PM

fruitylou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i hate these kinds of threads because they just
> open the flood gates to trash the individuals
> involved. and that is quite apparent here.

Agreed, but a fitting end for two people who made a career out of trashing others: Daniel Vitalis, David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousins...etc, etc. Actually, I read 80-10-10 itself again a few months ago, and while I don't agree with everything he says, I found Doug Graham to be cogent, persuasive and entertaining to read without acrimony or having an axe to grind. I don't think Harley or Freelea ever learned that. Every video was why David Wolfe or Vitalis were xxxx instead of here is the change a LFRV diet has made. When Harley did a humorous video on kangaroos on the lawn, I found it quite charming.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: December 02, 2013 05:35PM

They've always spoken quite a bit about the change that an LFRV diet can bring. It came in the form of exaggerated boasts of athletic accomplishment and Freelea's cheap little online peep show, but they still talked results.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: December 02, 2013 06:04PM

I should have been more clear. It was a predominantely negative message, at least to me, rather than a positive one. They talked results sometimes; putdowns often.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 02, 2013 10:04PM

Freelea and Harley are cooked foodists now? Or Partial? Really? Wow. They used to say things like I had sauteed veggies today and then Freelea would say DR never wrote that, his account was hijacked. Funny.

I believe in 100% fruit diet or high raw

Date: December 04, 2013 06:38PM

Rawveggiemom maybe this will be good for everyone. you have to look at it like that. This is the best thing that could have happened. Everyone learns a lesson in life, somewhere. Integrity, business, loyalty, backlash, I mean so many lessons learned. Who to look up to, be your own guru, be your own doctor, etc

I believe in 100% raw diet. I fall back on nuts, greens, recipes, and raw veggie restaurants or juices. I make high fat raw dishes for my family who I want to get all raw someday, if they wish. I try. I do. Or you can fall back on raw nuts which are not raw truly, in emergencies or dried fruits..I aim to be all fruit eater. Anything else from that to me, is a fall from grace. I can sugar coat it with nice words, make believe, but the point is once you go back to cooked food, you WILL go back to everything you wanted so bad to leave in the first place. It will happen.

I have been raw as long a DR. Many experiments as well. For a while he was doing b12 shots and now he is eating cooked pizzas. We all go through this. I tried the Ann Wigmore Diet, Tree of life phase 1, even tiptoed around macrobiotics when pregnant...but came back to raw fruit--all running.

Carol Alt first came on the scene with her cheat food. For a while my cheat food was cacao beans because I loved them so much, its like I could go out with others instead of drinking I could get a cacao buzz. Or Maca coffee. But Carol said everyone needs a cheat food and hers was cooked popcorn at Hockey games. I could not eat anything cooked as a cheat food. To me, cheating on a cooked pizza, to me, that is no longer raw.

To me a cheat food, is still raw, be it commercial fruit or packaged raisins. @#$%& you get in airports..like sliced apples from Burger King...orange oranges, red apples, yellow bananas.

I wish DR and Freelea can stop eating processed foods like videos of them eating, non organic cereal topped with powdered sugar and videotaping it. The whole dream of raw is law..its so sacred to me. Its like seeing the gods topple.

But they can do what they want, they can. Maybe they do have something to teach. Maybe they reach a bigger audience. I have respect for them and support them, I do care for them actually, what happens to them. We are all allowed to take breaks, make mistakes..trust me I think those kind of mistakes will catch up with you and only you need to make them. When you go back to eating cooked food, your love and happiness wax away. Slowly. Ultimately you are in control of your mind, but your body...slowly you are going to hit rock bottom again where the only way out is 100% raw. I have a feeling those two will eventually get back to a place they remembered they hated. Cooked food, is a gateway to a whole world of bad. Bad feelings, emotions, ugliness, cancers, growths, tumors..

Are they saying they can only be 100% raw vegan when in the woods, and when they move into cities it is harder? Thy never ever said this before, to them all raw was law for many years..they would ban you if you promoted this cooked food back up plan. It is easier in cities, with all the organic markets, restaurants, juice bars health shops, and meetup groups to be RAW.

I think DR and Freelea WANT to eat cooked food, and let them. Its like the amish teens, they have two weeks where they go crazy in the real world and see if they want to stay there or become amish like their parents.

You cant be a raw foodist and a cooked foodist both and get the same results as raw. It will catch up to them. Law of the universe. Never underestinate the evil seduction of cooked food, many temptations, flavors..addictions that are so hard to shake.

But this is my opinion. I know everyone is their own doctor and maybe they see something. Someone needs to tell them.

I just also know I am so scared of posting something that will hurt anyones feelings. I just assume always everyone sees my posts.
I respect WFF. I respect them. I admire people who try to get on the fruitarian diet for a few years. I admire all raw vegans and fruitarians. Its hard work. Bravo to you.

And no lie, all these pioneers make mistakes. And those raw ten times longer. I read a raw fruitarian book the other day and the guy says I eat vegan food when traveling, but out of sheer hunger, when I cannot find good fruit. So it does happen. But this is not something I would promote. Like look at me guys, I am eating a cooked pizza because I cannot wait to find a convenience store.

They always said on the forums, that if you do fall, do not focus on it. And now they are focusing on eating cooked food when you choose to, posting videos. Nobody wants to see you eat cooked food. I have a hard time enough with all the commercials on tv. I want to see raw vegans and I want to see fruit lovers.

BUT HARLEY AND FREELEA. I adore those two.They are very special people in my mind. I truly want to see them come out on top.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 06:51PM by coconutcream.

Date: December 04, 2013 07:05PM

Sproutarian man-- I loved Freds books as well. But I hear now- he is saying the almost same thing, that all raw food diet is fanatical. That all raw food is bad, child abuse. That one cant eat all raw vegan. He was one of the original dudes from Natures first law. The cutest one. He was married for a minute also. I loved his low fat raw vegan videos. I have all of them

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 04, 2013 07:11PM

Coconut Cream, YOU should write a book! Sounds like you are walking the talk for a long time. smiling smiley

Date: December 04, 2013 07:22PM

Banana who. We should- both and make it free to everyone. We could share all our experiences. All the rock stars and wanna bes. All the restaurants and farmers markets and gossip gossip gossip. Who was caught with a burger, who was caught in a closet with three naked women. We can have all the raw women gurus in bikinis eating bananas. Funny captions on all the photos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 07:24PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: December 04, 2013 07:40PM

edit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2013 07:41PM by powerlifter.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables