Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Vitamin b12 and vitamin D
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 11, 2013 10:31PM

Hi Superjuice,

FYI, I meant to include a smiley face with that last bit of advice. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 11, 2013 11:35PM

Vitamin D from the Sun and your body has the ability to create its own B12 with healthy intestinal flora. B12 deficiency is normally a result of other health issues such as poor absorption of nutrients or digestive problems.

Date: December 11, 2013 11:36PM

Superjuice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> suncloud Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > True Panchito. The B12 is absorbed through the
> > skin and goes directly into the bloodstream.
> >
> > Unfortunately, B12 inside the gastrointestinal
> > tract requires intrinsic factor for absorption.
>
>
> I think I will go out and roll around in the dirt,
> maybe that's what we all need LOL.

Ever heard of gardening? And yes, gardening has actually been proven to have significant health benefits.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 11:37PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: December 12, 2013 12:15AM

suncloud Wrote:
> Superjuice,
>
> LOL! Could be!
>
> Best to find some good cow patties.

I will omit the cow patties LOL and just get some good old organic soil all over my body and roll around with the worms LOL. I can just picture it now real rich black loamy soil, I can even smell it as I am typing.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: December 12, 2013 12:16AM

suncloud Wrote:
> Hi Superjuice,
>
> FYI, I meant to include a smiley face with that
> last bit of advice. smiling smiley

No worries, I don't even know how to put a smiley face into a post here LOL.

Date: December 12, 2013 09:26PM

Something very interesting.

EPIC-Oxford: lifestyle characteristics and nutrient intakes in a cohort of 33 883 meat-eaters and 31 546 non meat-eaters in the UK

Davey GK, Spencer EA, Appleby PN, Allen NE, Knox KH, Key TJ

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

(PARTICIPANTS: In total, 65 429 men and women aged 20 to 97 years, comprising 33 883 meat-eaters, 10 110 fish-eaters, 18 840 lacto-ovo vegetarians and 2596 vegans)

Vegans had the highest intakes of fibre, vitamin B1, folate, vitamin C, vitamin E, magnesium and iron, and the lowest intakes of retinol, vitamin B12, vitamin D, calcium and zinc

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 12, 2013 09:48PM

It's not the vegan diet, it's that people aren't doing it the right way. Zinc and calcium aren't hard to obtain on a raw food vegan diet. Nuts/nut butters, seeds (especially sunflower, pumpkin, hemp, sesame), and dark leafy greens. The only thing that may be a concern would be B12 because of all the chemicals and pesticides and environmental pollution have been depleting the soil over the past 50-100 years. If you have high quality soil, merely rubbing your hands in it for a while should allow you to easily absorb enough B12. Besides, our bodies can create B12 on its own with healthy intestinal flora. B12 deficiency is normally a sign of other health problems such as nutrient absorption or digestive issues.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 12, 2013 11:56PM

this is what happens when people obsese about complete nutrition and gives lectures

Date: December 13, 2013 02:21AM

powerlifter Wrote:
> All of these foods are equally as rich in copper
> or richer which is antagonistic and makes them
> pretty poor sources of zinc overall. Pumpkin seeds
> being one of the best out of those listed.
>
> You'd need to eat alot of leafy greens, nuts/seeds
> to get the RDA of zinc. Which would mean consuming
> these foods in unhealthy amounts. You'd need over
> 2 cups worth of pumpkin seeds to achieve the RDA
> of zinc for a male, and thats not taking into
> account any increased zinc needs such as chronic
> stress, alcohol use, smoking etc. Studies have
> shown stress can deplete zinc levels in as quick
> as a few minutes.
>
> Its not just about the amount of zinc which is
> difficult to get on an all raw vegan diet, but
> about the ratio of zinc to copper. The ideal ratio
> of zinc to copper is 8:1 in zincs favour. A raw
> vegan diet almost completely reverses that and
> makes it 8:1 in coppers favour, which causes all
> sorts of health problems.
>

You're being ridiculous. Vegan and vegetarian diets have been linked to significantly higher lifespans and lower rates of chronic disease. There are plenty of people who follow strict raw vegan diets and are in amazing health. Get off this copper toxicity garbage, it doesn't mean as much as you think it does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:16AM by Prana.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: December 13, 2013 02:12PM

<<<I see you didn't show me how you were able to achieve the RDA of zinc on a raw vegan diet or even close to it.>>>

Chris, focusing on the RDAs is one of your biggest Obstacles! Some of the RDAs are too low and others are too high!

Here is what Dr. Joel Fuhrman has to say in “Eat to Live” about RDAs:

“The RDAs are levels set by our government for various nutrients considered to be desirable for good health. But are they correct? Are these levels appropriate, and will even higher levels of certain nutrients benefit us? Difficult questions to answer, but first we must consider how the RDAs were derived.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 140

“The RDAs were first developed when the government began questioning the nutritional value of military rations distributed to our soldiers during World War II. Later, our government’s Food and Nutrition Board looked at what foods they expected most people to eat. By analyzing the average diet, they came up with a suggested minimum and then added an upward adjustment to theoretically ensure optimal health.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 140

“The RDAs are biased in favor of the conventional level of intake. They are not based on how people should eat to maintain optimal health; rather, they have been formulated to represent how we do eat. They characterize the conventional diet: high in animal products; lots of dairy products and fat; and low in fiber, antioxidants, and other nutrients, such as vitamin C, that are rich in plant foods. The RDAs reflect a diet that caused all the problems in the first place." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 140

"The RDAs reflect a diet that caused all the problems in the first place." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 140

"The government must hold the RDA ridiculously low because it would be inconsistent with the other absurd dietary suggestions and make it impossible to achieve levels without supplementation." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 141

"...thousands of phytonutrients lack RDAs." -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 141

“Even the dietary menus for 1,200 calorie and 1,600 calorie diets published in the National Institutes of Health’s recent guide for physicians do not meet the RDAs, because the traditional American food choices are too low in nutrients. The NIH diets are too low in important nutrients such as chromium, vitamin K, folate, and magnesium, whereas the Eat to Live diet plans and suggested menus more than meet all RDAs within the NIH’s caloric limits.” -Joel Fuhrman, M.D., “Eat to Live” p. 190

Peace and Love..........John

Date: December 13, 2013 03:31PM

powerlifter, just because you have certain nutritional deficiencies and issues with a raw vegan diet doesn't mean others will. That study doesn't take into account the lifestyle factors or actual regimen's of their diets. Not all raw vegan diets are alike. Some people know how to follow them and make sure they are getting what they need, some don't.

Hemp seeds are very rich in zinc and you can easily add 2 ounces of hemp seeds to a blender along with 16-18 oz. of water and down that quite fast and easily (hemp milk). That's almost half of your RDA right there. Then you have sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, goji berries, asparagus, avocados, brazil nuts, and MUCH MORE.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2013 03:41PM by jtprindl.

Date: December 13, 2013 03:45PM

Meat, dairy, and grains are all terrible for health. Meat is extremely acidic, clogs up the digestive tract, and creates thousands of toxic chemicals when cooked. Dairy is extremely acidic as well and actually leeches calcium from your bones to offset the acidity. Countries with the highest intake of milk have the highest rates of osteoporosis. Grains cause autoimmune diseases and digestive problems.

Date: December 13, 2013 04:15PM

Concerns for Zinc are based on current recommendations. Realize that the traditional concerns over a vegan diet are usually only for a few nutrients, which are Protein, Calcium, Iron and Zinc. Now, think about it, do you notice anything in common about these foods? One thing should stick out, Animal products are traditionally thought to be good sources of these nutrients. We know the beef industry has influenced the protein requirements and a vegan diet is more then sufficient. And now we know that excess protein, especially from animals can be harmful in many ways. We also know that the dairy industry has influenced the calcium recommendations and that a vegan diet and proper lifestyle can easily meet the calcium requirements. And now we know that taking in dairy products can be harmful in many ways.

And now we also know that a vegan diet can easily meet iron needs, and after all those years of being told you need to eat meat to get enough iron, as plants don’t contain a good "type" of iron, we now know that getting in too much iron in the form of iron that is in meat, can be highly toxic and leads to a condition called hemochromatosis. Well, the last one is zinc, and like the others, the recommended levels have been greatly influenced by these industries.

These "inflated" levels of protein, calcium, iron, zinc make animal based diets look good and vegan diets look bad, but now the truth is coming out and we are learning all about the hazards of the consumption of these animal products.

Jeff N
[www.vegsource.com]

Date: December 13, 2013 04:43PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Well evidently its not just me when one of the
> largest vegan studies in the world is finding that
> the majority of vegans also have low zinc, b12
> etc. Are you saying that all these 30,000+ vegans
> were doing the diet wrong ?.
>
> Hemp seeds are a good plant source of zinc but
> again you'd need to eat over a cups worth daily to
> get the rda. I don't know many people who eat a
> bag of hemp seeds daily and even then you'd be
> eating too much nuts/seeds if you were relying on
> them for the majority of your zinc intake. Nuts
> and seeds also contain anti-nutrients which can
> effect mineral absorption.
>
> We can be hypothetical with most nutrients, celery
> to replace salt etc. But how many raw vegans do
> you know that meticulously eat celery daily to
> make sure they get enough organic sodium or 200+
> grams worth of nuts/seeds just to get enough zinc.
> Not many, im guessing which is probably why so
> many are having problems with the diet.
>
> Then we have to take into account the low fat
> vegan diets such as 80/10/10 which don't tend to
> include more than a handful of nuts/seeds daily,
> if that. These diets are even lower in zinc than
> your typical vegan diet which includes beans,
> legumes, grains, nuts, seeds and soy.
>

Hemp seeds contain no antinutrients and if you eat all of your seeds and nuts sprouted, phytic acid and antinutrients aren't an issue. You act like you need to find ONE source of zinc that supplies more than 100% of the RDA, and that doesn't make any sense. Hemp seeds are pretty much the PERFECT food... loaded with protein, minerals, perfect omega 3-omega 6 ratio and so on. Having significant sources of zinc (like hemp seeds, various nuts, avocados, goji's) and then eating other things with lower amounts (like a variety of fruits/veggies) will be enough to get your daily zinc. And yes, I would say that most vegans don't know how to follow the diet correctly because many of them are vegans for ethical reasons and don't know too much about the nutritional factors. Hemp seeds are also very rich in iron.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:16AM by Prana.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 13, 2013 09:02PM

Back to Vitamin B12, I think getting dirty wouldn't really supply enough B12. The patches are B12-concentrated, which is why they work.

I used to get very dirty. My farm was certified organic, and I grew lots of apple bananas, lychee, oranges, avocados, rambutans, and macadamia nut trees (plus assorted other stuff). Usually we fertilized with chicken manure from a local chicken house. I'd haul the fert around in the tractor and scoop it out with buckets while making the rounds in the orchards.

Basically, I'd come home covered in chicken fert, head to toe. I even breathed it. When it rained, I was soaked in it.

Still, 15 years vegan with no B12 supplement or B12-fortified food, and I got a deficiency. Of course, I thought it would never happen.

In my opinion, being vegan is an ethical choice, and not necessarily an evolutionary one for human beings - at least not yet.

Date: December 13, 2013 09:23PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> You would still need to consume about 800-1000
> calories worth of hemp seeds to achieve the RDA,
> which makes you over reliant on nuts and seeds.
> Most people only consume a handful or two of
> nuts/seeds daily which is a healthy serving size
> when it comes to nuts/seeds in my opinion, so
> where is the rest of this zinc intake coming from
> on a raw vegan diet ?
>
> Avocados, goji berries and other fruits/vegetables
> don't contain much zinc at all. Vegans may also
> need more zinc considering the raw vegan diet is
> so rich in copper which is antagonistic to zinc.
>
> Zinc should be gained from a variety of foods like
> any other nutrient your right, but what are other
> zinc rich raw vegan sources that can be ate in
> sensible amounts ? Because as far as i can see the
> only dense raw plant sources of zinc are nuts and
> seeds which aren't obviously consumed in large
> quantities.
>
> If 30,000+ vegans pretty much the whole study
> criteria are all getting the diet wrong as you
> suggest then that alone is a massive pitfall with
> the diet. Could it be that its actually the vegan
> diet thats at fault here and not everyone
> following it ? The study found that these
> nutrients were lacking in the majority of these
> vegan individuals so its highly unlikely they were
> all getting the diet wrong.
>

Again, you're being delusional and not making any sense to justify your diet. The raw vegan diet isn't at fault, it's that people don't know how to follow it correctly. There are plenty of raw vegans who are in great health

One avocado contains 9% of your RDA... that's a lot for a small snack or portion of a meal. One pomegranate contains 7% RDA.

1/4 cup of goji berries (which is NOTHING) contains 18% RDA.

1/2 cup of hemp seeds contains 46% zinc, which is easily consumed if blended with 16-18 oz. of water and turned into hemp milk.

1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds contains 17% RDA.

1/4 cup of sesame seeds contains 18% RDA.

Maca, pine nuts, sprouts, buckwheat groats, spirulina, and so on. Nuts are loaded with healthy fats. Worrying about every little aspect of your nutrient intake is being overly paranoid and will cause stress, which ages and causes disease faster than most things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:16AM by Prana.

Date: December 13, 2013 10:21PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Like you have just shown it takes a cups worth of
> nuts/seeds daily to get the bulk of zinc intake on
> a raw vegan diet. No raw foodist i know eats
> nuts/seeds in this large amount.
>
> A cup of seeds is about 1000 calories, which i
> don't see many raw vegans eating such as high
> nut/seed diet. Having about half or more of your
> calories coming from nuts or seeds isn't very
> balanced either.
>
> What are you meant to do when you have blood tests
> coming back saying that your deficient in zinc or
> b12 etc ?. Im not in the minority either by the
> looks of it when 30,000 other vegans are having
> similar problems with the diet. Like i say i doubt
> everyone of them are doing it wrong as you claim,
> if the diet is that hard to follow then it isn't
> practical or realistic at all.
>
> Delusional would have been me continueing on
> eating the way i was which was causing multiple
> nutrient deficiencies.
>
> As much as i love goji berries, i wouldn't believe
> some of the nutrition sites data for goji berries
> which is dubious at best, there often claimed to
> be 500 times richer in vitamin c per ounce than
> oranges, which is suspect.
>

Raw veganism is an extremely strict diet, so it makes perfect sense that many people are low in these nutrients because not a lot of people are educated about health or nutrition (including most doctors). Also, vegan doesn't mean you only eat healthy products. Oreos, fast food salads, various microwaveable and processed foods, etc. are all vegan... but certainly not healthy.

If you can explain the detriment in consuming 1/2 cup of hemp seeds (again, perfect ratio of omega 3 and omega 6, no anti-nutrients), along with 1-2 oz. nuts, goji berries (http://www.livestrong.com/article/164511-goji-berry-nutritional-facts/), and then various fruits and veggies... I'd love to hear it. Goji berries are in fact a great source (about 20% per oz.) of zinc and you'll find the same answer from many places. Note that these are only a few ways to get zinc.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:16AM by Prana.

Date: December 15, 2013 09:40PM

The testing of algae on building B12 levels hasn't been properly tested, but it has been shown in trials that Nori B12 does greatly improve levels in

Spirulina has mainly pseudovitamin B12, but some chlorella does actually have the real B12, so does Nori. The only recognised tests done on water based foods building B12 levels was on rats. But here is a problem, it has been found that drying foods can convert real B12 to pseudovitamin B12. Nori is very high in the real B12, but drying it has been shown to reduce the usuable B12.

Here are some interesting B12 studies -

Spirulina has the wrong form of B12:

Pseudovitamin B(12) is the predominant cobamide of an algal health food, spirulina tablets

Watanabe F, Katsura H, Takenaka S, Fujita T, Abe K, Tamura Y, Nakatsuka T, Nakano Y

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

The drying process converts the good B12 into Pseudovitamin B(12) in Nori

Bioavailability of dried asakusanori (porphyra tenera) as a source of Cobalamin (Vitamin B12)

Yamada K, Yamada Y, Fukuda M, Yamada S

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

One of the few proper recognised studies done showing how good Nori is for building B12 levels in rats:

Feeding dried purple laver (nori) to vitamin B12-deficient rats significantly improves vitamin B12 status

Takenaka S, Sugiyama S, Ebara S, Miyamoto E, Abe K, Tamura Y, Watanabe F, Tsuyama S, Nakano Y

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Yes, tested chlorella and Nori did have the right type of B12, but spirulina failed.

Characterization and bioavailability of vitamin B12-compounds from edible algae

Watanabe F, Takenaka S, Kittaka-Katsura H, Ebara S, Miyamoto E

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: December 15, 2013 09:47PM

Studies have shown that dried nori is actually harmful and can lower B12 levels, but raw nori is beneficial.

Date: January 02, 2014 11:15PM

Vegan foods can help with vitamin B12, especially things like Chlorella and Nori. Here is a small study which shows users of Nori and Chlorella having twice the B12 levels over vegans who didn't have these water foods.

Vitamin B-12 status of long-term adherents of a strict uncooked vegan diet ("living food diet"winking smiley is compromised

Rauma AL, Törrönen R, Hänninen O, Mykkänen H

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

The highlights of the study:

The vegans consuming Nori and/or Chlorella seaweeds (n = 16) had serum vitamin B-12 concentrations twice as high as those not using these seaweeds. On the basis of these results we conclude that some seaweeds consumed in large amounts can supply adequate amounts of bioavailable vitamin B-12.

And we do know from previous studies that Nori and Chlorella do contain B12, however food is not a reliable source of B12 because we need to make sure levels are better than average to keep various problematic amino acids in balanced levels.

Another major problem is that there is no true accurate measure of B12, so we must rely on four or five different measures to cross check for B12 levels, and we should supplement to make sure we have enough by ensuring homocycsteine and MMA levels are lowered (a good way to check for real B12 levels). See, the problem is that the B12 levels tested may still be too low if homocysteine and MMA levels are elevated, that's why we must to extra careful with B12.

Vitamin B-12 status, particularly holotranscobalamin II and
methylmalonic acid concentrations, and hyperhomocysteinemia
in vegetarians1

Wolfgang Herrmann, Heike Schorr et al

[ajcn.nutrition.org]

Methylmalonic acid and homocysteine in plasma as indicators of functional cobalamin deficiency in infants on macrobiotic diets

Schneede J, et al

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

See, we need to check MMA and homocysteine levels to really see if we are getting enough B12.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 03, 2014 12:37AM

>Are you saying that all these 30,000+ vegans were doing the diet wrong ?.

I'm confused.
I see a study with less than 3000 vegans, not 30000.
And I don't see the results of the study.

Date: January 03, 2014 03:30AM

Vitamin B12 deficiency with Dr Brian Clement
[www.youtube.com]

Interesting.

Date: January 03, 2014 06:05AM

<<<Vitamin B12 deficiency with Dr Brian Clement>>>

This is why I have said countless times that when we Damage our Body and our Environment, Conditions Change and we create Additional Needs, but powerlifter refuses to understand this concept.

Here's an Article and a Video, although the Video looks like it's no longer available, saying the same thing preceded by my Recap:

JR’s Recap:

...the anatomical structure or shape of the large intestine, the colon, had significantly changed over that 300-year period.

What we show is that 300 years ago the ascending colon, the part that goes down on the left side right below the ileocecal valve, basically poured out the digestive food. When it went down, it went in at the bottom of the ascending colon, which protruded inward and looked something like the front of a boot. Remember, this was at a time when we had nothing but organic food. A plant-based diet was what most people always ate. This digested food with all of the B-12 bacteria in it went down there and literally cultured itself. The B-12 actually created and recreated itself in that little pocket.

By the early part of the 20th century, and certainly by the middle part of the century, this had dynamically and dramatically changed. Now where the ascending colon is dropping in the digestion food, you don’t have the front of a boot anymore. It just goes straight down and then straight up again. In that area at the front of the boot, the little pocket that I talked about, is a little, shriveled-up appendix.

The appendix was part of that anatomical structure at one point. It is really part of the lymphatic system, the major filter system of the body. It has a secondary work to excrete a mucus-laginous type of substance, a lubricant, so that when the paristaltic action of the large intestine (that vibration that makes @#$%& and everything come out you) is well-lubricated. At this point, in great part none of our body is lubricating well and it’s not filtering well. We sadly hear that medical students are being taught that we don’t need an appendix. The bottom line is that we once needed it, but we somehow disrupted it.

[www.aliveraw.com]
B-12 Deficiencies
13:07 Minute Video

I finished writing my scientific paper on B-12 deficiencies yesterday. That will be published in our upcoming newsletter, Hippocrates. You may have heard me [Brian Clement] talk about this, but I’m going to really articulate it clearly now and go through what we discovered.

Hippocrates, over many decades, collected blood samples from hundreds of people who had been on the Hippocrates Living Food Program. I’m not talking about fashionable and “off the deep end” programs, but ones that are scientifically validated.
This means diets that don’t have lot of fruit in them but do have a lot of greens, fresh foods and sprouts that are nutritious versus vegetables that were picked two or three weeks earlier that you eat thinking you’re getting something from them.
Through blood tests, we were not finding that people who had been on the Hippocrates Living Food Diet had B-12 deficiencies. Dr. Gabriel Cousens and Rev. George Malkmus alerted me a little more than three years ago that they were finding through urine tests that there were high B-12 deficiencies among the general population, and even vegans and living fooders. That sparked an interest.

That information was given to me a little before we had our first international gathering of living food leaders. That’s where the living food leaders of eight countries came together and were trying to create international standards where we speak with one clear voice so that the populous is not confused and doing fun things rather than right things.

In the first meeting we had, B-12 deficiency was a major topic of discussion. What was really stunning to me was that we had a harmonious agreement in a matter of 30 minutes that we need to start telling people to take bacterial forms of B-12 supplementation. It was really nice to see that we as a group grew to that level of maturity.

Then I went on my own search to see why this was. Fortunately, because we have been doing this for three decades, neither Anna Marie nor I had B-12 deficiencies. But we found out that we were the lucky ones. We then introduced the SpectraCell test at Hippocrates.

A SpectraCell test is the very first test that I have been able to feel comfortable with as a nutritional scientist. All other blood test for nutrition literally take blood out and see what is floating around in the blood stream in the form of “nutrients” versus what was ingested and absorbed by the blood cells. With the SpectraCell test, we take the blood and ship it off to a laboratory where they open up the leucocite, the white blood cell, and see what nutrients have been absorbed by the body.

Hold your horses. We’re finding that about 65% of the general populous, including living food vegans, have B-12 deficiencies.

I’ll give you Gabriel Cousens’ attitude on this, along with some input from George Malkmus. If you were born to a living food couple as a baby, it would probably take six years for you to acquire a significant B-12 deficiency.

I spent a number of hours at university medical school libraries. Finally, I led myself to start to look at the anatomical structure of the human body, understanding that B-12 is naturally a bacterium that you find in soil. That’s organic soil, obviously, not pesticide-ridden soil. (Bacteria are subject to death from pesticides, fungicides, herbicides and cooking; put that in the back of your head.)

What came to mind was that I’d better start to look at the large intestine, because that’s where B-12 resides and multiplies. When I went back about 300 years ago, to about 1700 A.D., and then chronology moved forward looking at sketches, drawings and 20th century photographs of the large intestine, it became apparent to me that the anatomical structure or shape of the large intestine, the colon, had significantly changed over that 300-year period.

Now I’ll try to describe it. You will be able to see it in the upcoming early summer Hippocrates magazine. We are going to highlight B-12, along with a lot of other information on nutrients and supplements and how important they are.

What we show is that 300 years ago the ascending colon, the part that goes down on the left side right below the ileocecal valve, basically poured out the digestive food. When it went down, it went in at the bottom of the ascending colon, which protruded inward and looked something like the front of a boot. Remember, this was at a time when we had nothing but organic food. A plant-based diet was what most people always ate. This digested food with all of the B-12 bacteria in it went down there and literally cultured itself. The B-12 actually created and recreated itself in that little pocket.

By the early part of the 20th century, and certainly by the middle part of the century, this had dynamically and dramatically changed. Now where the ascending colon is dropping in the digestion food, you don’t have the front of a boot anymore. It just goes straight down and then straight up again. In that area at the front of the boot, the little pocket that I talked about, is a little, shriveled-up appendix.

The appendix was part of that anatomical structure at one point. It is really part of the lymphatic system, the major filter system of the body. It has a secondary work to excrete a mucus-laginous type of substance, a lubricant, so that when the paristaltic action of the large intestine (that vibration that makes @#$%& and everything come out you) is well-lubricated. At this point, in great part none of our body is lubricating well and it’s not filtering well. We sadly hear that medical students are being taught that we don’t need an appendix. The bottom line is that we once needed it, but we somehow disrupted it.

Today we have a problem because we don’t have a perpetual B-12 which is cultured within our own body, so we need an input of B-12.

Here is the other interesting thing. One pathway of this study is that in the 399 other studies I looked at, the people who consume the most animal fat and saturated fat have the highest incidence and level of B-12 deficiency. Here is my take on that, and my take on everyone having a B-12 deficiency: We don’t take a bacterial form of B-12.

The meat eater is consuming an animal that is enriched with B-12 because its teeth or beak is on the ground all day long and filling its body up with B-12.

When you cook that (or you put antibiotics, pesticides, fungicides and herbicides in it), the B-12 is literally dead but the skeletal print of the B-12 is still present. Because the body assumes that the biochemistry is there, it now stops producing, culturing or keeping B-12. That’s why the heavy meat eaters, ironically the opposite of what we’ve been told, have a higher incidence of B-12 deficiency.

I would assume that light animal food consumers have approximately the same B-12 deficiency as long-term vegans or vegetarians.

The general populous suffers a B-12 deficiency because they are not taking it. In the old days, we used to say things like, “Tempeh has B-12,” and in fact they do have a fraction of an amount. Things like blue-green algae also have B-12, but it doesn’t transfer over and become utilized by the human body and cells. We have to take something that is stronger.

Ironically, when I came to this discovery, I discovered that almost every single B-12 on the market globally is a chemical form of B-12 made in laboratories. I had a company in California make me a B-12 supplement, LifeGive B-12.

B-12 Deficiency is something that you need to take very seriously. If you don’t take it seriously, the consequence is memory loss. The consequence is neurological damage. In short, medically what it does is it affects all neuron activity in the human body—brain neurons, body neurons. You can have everything from symptomology of Parkinson’s Disease to Alzheimer’s. A lot of people have extremities that feel tingly and weak, which is the initial stage.

This is something that is very serious. In all of my 38 years of work, I’ve never been more serious about getting out there and telling people to take a supplement as I am on B-12 supplementation. Make sure you take the right form, the bacterial form.

A little sub-study on this is that as of three or four weeks ago, I actually looked at 38 people who had taken injectable forms of B-12. That seems to be common. People have low energy, and of course the doctor doesn’t know very much about it. Even holistic doctors often say, “You have anemia because you’re not eating meat,” or you’re not doing this or doing that, or you’re too fat or whatever story they have. And so they inject it.

Injected B-12 acts almost like an amphetamine to the body. It is a stimulant. People like it because they feel good for a few days afterward, and then they have to go back in for another injection periodically.

Out of the 38 people who were consistently taking injections, over an average of about 14 months, we found that 32 of them had too little B-12. That means only six of them were getting B-12, and I’m not sure if that was just by chance, if they didn’t have it to begin with.

Don’t think that taking injections of the chemical form of B-12 is going to do you much good.
[www.aliveraw.com]

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: January 03, 2014 08:35AM

So what went wrong in the making of the human being by the Creator?
Animals are ok.
Did the humans modified their constitution overtime?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2014 08:37AM by CommonSenseRaw.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 03, 2014 09:40AM

with b12, it is best to take it little by little instead of bombs. But some supps atre designed for a slow release. skin patches work very well. Some people don't feel the b12 deficiency because of taking folate (pernicious anemia) but they cannot do anything about the myelin, fatigue, depression, etc.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 03, 2014 01:30PM

>Are you saying that all these 30,000+ vegans were doing the diet wrong ?.

I'm confused.
I see a study with less than 3000 vegans, not 30000.
And I don't see the results of the study.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 03, 2014 02:21PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Vitamin B12 deficiency with Dr Brian Clement
> [www.youtube.com]
> =youtube_gdata
>
> Interesting.

Here is the earliest known drawing of an appendix by Leonardo DaVinci...

[www.appendicitis.pro]

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables