Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tree of Life Center US Employment Opportunities
Posted by: Yehoshua ()
Date: December 10, 2013 05:51PM

Tree of Life Center US is hiring! Positions available in kitchen, reception, and reservations! Benefits include daily meals at the cafe, evening program participation, use of facilities, discounts in spa, retail shop, and on programs, and, of course, Tree of Life community life!

Click here to learn more: [www.gabrielcousens.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tree of Life Center US Employment Opportunities
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: December 10, 2013 08:50PM

Hi, Gabriel! Nice to meet you!

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 07, 2014 12:03PM

I did a three month program there. I would love to leave everything and go back. But I have three kids now and a business and a man. Its paradise. DIVINE.

Date: March 07, 2014 10:03PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did a three month program there. I would love to
> leave everything and go back. But I have three
> kids now and a business and a man. Its paradise.
> DIVINE.

I looked into the requirements. They are pretty stringent. Were you already raw when you filled out an application?

Date: March 07, 2014 11:59PM

banana who Wrote:
> coconutcream Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I did a three month program there. I would love
> to
> > leave everything and go back. But I have three
> > kids now and a business and a man. Its
> paradise.
> > DIVINE.
>
>
> I looked into the requirements. They are pretty
> stringent. Were you already raw when you filled
> out an application?

What are the requirements?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 08, 2014 12:19AM

Minimum Lifestyle Requirements to work at the Tree of Life Include:

Living a plant-source-only lifestyle for at least 3 months (no eggs, dairy, flesh, fish, etc.) prior to arrival
Consuming a 50-80% live food diet for at least 3 months prior to arrival
Totally drug, alcohol, & tobacco-free for at least 6 months prior to arrival
Reading and agreeing to the Tree of Life Dharma
Being excited to embrace (or deepen in) the Six Foundations & Sevenfold Peace
Please note that our facility is not pet friendly. For the health, safety, and comfort of our guests and your pet, we cannot allow pets on the Tree of Life gorunds.

~ ALL the above are requirements for employment at Tree of Life

Also see the Employee Handbook

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 08, 2014 12:31AM

Prana Wrote:
> Also see the Employee Handbook

Well, good news! It looks like you are allowed to keep your firstborn.

Date: March 08, 2014 12:48AM

You have to be at least 50-80% raw for three months before joining their team. I totally get why they are doing this--so that you can jump into the fray right away--but I think a lot of people fantasize about working there as a way of becoming high-raw rather than going there with that lifestyle under their belt. So it's not something you can just sign up and go. Unless you've been eating this way all along, I suppose...

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 08, 2014 01:34AM

Can they do tests to see if you've eaten animal products months ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 01:34AM by jtprindl.

Date: March 08, 2014 01:53AM

It would be a nice experience to work for Gabriel and see what they do. But if l ever moved to the U.S l would only do so if he mentored me so l could learn from him, study his clinical research and be given time to do my research. I would also need to eat the diet that l do and strictly no vegetables and very very limited fruit, but working there would make that type of diet hard because the kitchen would serve up all types of foods.

Anyway, l am going to write an application to Brian Clement soon. I want him to completely mentor me over a period of years and eventually replace him as director of HHI when he retires. I would give up everything to be able to do that. I don't know what he will say, but l will put all my cards on the table and give him reasons why it would be a very good idea. smiling smiley I was born to do that job, it's my true calling and number one dream. Sometimes you need to dare to dream the wildest dreams.

Date: March 08, 2014 04:45AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> It would be a nice experience to work for Gabriel
> and see what they do. But if l ever moved to the
> U.S l would only do so if he mentored me so l
> could learn from him, study his clinical research
> and be given time to do my research. I would also
> need to eat the diet that l do and strictly no
> vegetables and very very limited fruit, but
> working there would make that type of diet hard
> because the kitchen would serve up all types of
> foods.
>
> Anyway, l am going to write an application to
> Brian Clement soon. I want him to completely
> mentor me over a period of years and eventually
> replace him as director of HHI when he retires. I
> would give up everything to be able to do that. I
> don't know what he will say, but l will put all my
> cards on the table and give him reasons why it
> would be a very good idea. smiling smiley I was born to do
> that job, it's my true calling and number one
> dream. Sometimes you need to dare to dream the
> wildest dreams.

"Hire me and tell me everything you know so I can replace you, old man, which is what I was born to do."

Yeah, that always goes over real big. Hey, even I can read his mind on that scenario from here before you even put your name on the application.

Date: March 08, 2014 07:13AM

Gee Suez, that's a touch negative. winking smiley What it is really about is getting the opportunity to study under Brian, that's not a bad thing to want to do. If there was an opportunity to work there, that is a bonus. I want to expand my knowledge and serve the institute, not a bad intention to have at all. I am sure Brian would be happy to see someone expressing an interest in the organisation, and who lives the lifestyle. Passion is a very important quality to have.

Date: March 08, 2014 07:25AM

I wouldn't want to move to the U.S just to end up learning how to clean the HHI pool LOL. There would be things l would desire to learn. Naturally l would have to be more direct than if l lived locally in Florida, it would be a big sacrifice leaving my country. If l get the big `N' word (no), l don't care, but better to ask than not ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 07:26AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 08, 2014 09:05PM

The Sproutarian Man, I applaud your efforts to increase your knowledge and expertise in this particular domain. At the same time, I see you already have quite a bit of knowledge and expertise in your domain. I have to wonder if getting further education is necessary for you, because of your existing experience and your ability to learn new stuff on your own. Why not focus on your own personal exploration of experimentation of seeing what works and doesn't work for yourself and others who are interested in your area of expertise?

Date: March 08, 2014 09:25PM

Prana Wrote:
> Why not
> focus on your own personal exploration of
> experimentation of seeing what works and doesn't
> work for yourself and others who are interested in
> your area of expertise?

I am doing that already and working with people privately and am happy to keep on doing that. It's very educational. One thing l do know is that you can't put people in a box (we are all different) and diet plans must be tailored to the individual. Diabetes 1 people are notoriously tough to help and plan a diet for, and you need to be extremely careful with those folks. It teaches you lots of things. All l want is to create as many potential opportunites to learn as l can.

Got some big news coming up on oxalic acid and how we can protect ourselves from it. This is highly exciting news. We can do so many things to overcome potential problems in the diet, and this will blow minds. And no, l am not talking about fermenting or probiotics.

The roles of sulfated polysaccarides are amazing!!! They solve many problems associated with vegan diets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2014 09:29PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 09, 2014 05:18AM

Re: "Hire me and tell me everything you know so I can replace you, old man, which is what I was born to do."

Suez, is it necessary to insult The Sproutarian Man with a comment like this? This forum is here to support people on their raw journey, and this kind of negative comment and insult supports no one.

Date: March 09, 2014 06:02AM

Prana Wrote:
> Re: "Hire me and tell me everything you know so I
> can replace you, old man, which is what I was born
> to do."
>
> Suez, is it necessary to insult The Sproutarian
> Man with a comment like this? This forum is here
> to support people on their raw journey, and this
> kind of negative comment and insult supports no
> one.

That's not an insult. I was trying to show TSM how his application could be perceived by the receiver before he sent something that could lose him a position he - which means I was trying to help him. I'm sorry I confused you but to have said "yeah, do say that and put all your cards on the table" would not have been supportive. See?

Date: March 09, 2014 08:25PM

I don't want people to get the wrong idea about things l said, so let me explain briefly. I am not one of these ambitious go getter types...l go with the flow. If the unlikely event did occur that Brian took me on, it wouldn't be about me. Frankly, l would rather keep doing what l am doing because my lifestyle is exactly how l want it to be. If l worked at HHI and eventually did Brian's work, my quality of life would suffer. Why? Because l would live and breath the job (it would take over my life), l would be have to travel regularly (living out of suit cases and hotel rooms), staying all raw would be almost impossible, meditation time would be hard because my mind would be on the job all the time...my lifestyle would become unbalanced. It would be the ultimate sacrifise made to help other people at my expense....it is not something l would need in my life.

When l write to Brian l would naturally choose my words carefully. I would say something like "l would like to do lectures and do what you do one day, would you be interested in teaching me over a period of years so l am in a position to do some good work at HHI"?

The misconception in the raw food world - healing v's sustainable long term diet
One thing l do find is that these healers are over confident. They think that because they heal conditions that it is the ultimate diet. People can heal on all types of diets, but is the diet sustainable to long term thriving? People may heal well on supermarket fruit, but is this sustainable thoughout one's life? You hear various healers boasting how they heal everyone on fruits and vegetables and they think this is the answer to everything, but....

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:07AM

I was raw when I went of course....you have to be. They have no cooked food policy..No cooked food. Once this mexican girl took me into town, down the street, past horses and farms... and I watched her IN HORROR eat a cooked bean burrito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables