Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Vitamin D
Date: December 20, 2013 09:50PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I checked out that particular product and noticed
> the IU is extremely low per serving. Wouldn't you
> have to take around 20 of them just to get around
> 1,000 IU?

Yes, they are only a maintainance dose once adequate D levels have been established. Still, that's possibly over $1,000 per year.

Sunbathing and using 10,000 I.U of D every 10 days during the dark months might be another solution. And we'd assume that only half is absorbed which would give us 500 I.U per day. Unfortunately you have to do things which you might not like to do, so be it. Still, we can detox to correct the body from all the coal tar and other rubbish in the tablets.

What l need to do is get a proper vitamin D test at the end of the dark months (9 months of the year are overcast here) to see where l stand. If l can use U.T to keep D and B12 levels up l would be thrilled.

My D levels have always tested good since eating a plant diet, but they were always low as a former meat eater. But that could be because l never sunbathed as an ex SAD man. Still...need to get tested after having no sun for 9 months, that is the ultimnate test.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 09:57PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: December 20, 2013 10:37PM

I recently got my D levels tested and was a bit low (Dr said everyone in Scotland in the winter is though!). I've been using the Vitashine one (made from sun-exposed mushrooms), so I'll report back in 6 months when I get my next test smiling smiley By then it will be summer though and I'll have been on holiday, so it might go up anyway winking smiley Plus I try not to shower too much (I'd like to point out though in response to that Mercola article that British people shower once per day on average - definitely more than once per month, lol, very ignorant of him to presume that!)

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 20, 2013 10:53PM

I'm going to wait to get all of my levels checked until I fully establish the type of raw food diet I want. I want to take E3 Live + BrainON consistently, need to start eating a lot more sea veggies and sprouts, and need to buy a juicer for veggies (with the exception of salads). I'm only 21 and need to get a few things situated, and am probably admittedly deficient in a few things. Nothing that can't be fixed shortly, though!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2013 10:55PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 21, 2013 01:09AM

hey panchito

just saw the vitamin D3 product just now

makes me wan't to lope into the forest
and start tearing lichen off trees

yum yum

Posted by: Naza ()
Date: December 21, 2013 10:27AM

Various studies have shown that people with adequate levels of vitamin D have a significantly lower risk of developing cancer, compared to those whose levels are low. Vitamin D deficiency was found to be prevalent in cancer patients regardless of nutritional status in a study carried out by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

www.medicalnewstoday.com

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables