Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Should i go raw?
Posted by: somar ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:45PM

Hey everyone! I'm a 17 year old girl that's recently been researching on eating healthy. I must admit it did shock me that many people survive on just raw fruit and veggies but hearing the responses I would love to start this diet too! However, I Dont know how or where to start because I couldn't imagine munching on celery sticks all day :/ Plus I'm quite a thin girl and really can't wouldn't want to lose any weight. So anyone out there who can offer advice please do as it will be much appreciated! Thanks everyone , stay healthy smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Should i go raw?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 21, 2013 11:50PM

celery is really amazing when juiced

my two cents

hope that will get you started LOLsmiling smiley

i'm sure others will give u more helpful advice

welcome!

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:22AM

I don't know if you should go raw, but for me it was such a wonderful change in my life. My health improved and my consciousness was expanded from eating a diet of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds.

Try eating fresh ripe fruits and making yourself wonderful salads. There are tons of gourmet raw food recipes on the internet, for example these recipes.

Learn to make your own salad dressing as salad dressings you buy in the grocery store are not raw. Invest in a blender if you don't already have one, you can often find them cheap at a garage sale or thrift store. Even a new one, like this blender at Amazon, is only $13.49 plus shipping for the time being.

Date: December 22, 2013 02:26AM

somar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey everyone! I'm a 17 year old girl that's
> recently been researching on eating healthy. I
> must admit it did shock me that many people
> survive on just raw fruit and veggies but hearing
> the responses I would love to start this diet too!
> However, I Dont know how or where to start because
> I couldn't imagine munching on celery sticks all
> day :/ Plus I'm quite a thin girl and really can't
> wouldn't want to lose any weight. So anyone out
> there who can offer advice please do as it will be
> much appreciated! Thanks everyone , stay healthy
> smiling smiley

Raw is good if it's done really well. And no, you don't have to starve, but when you first start out you will find it hard because of hunger, cravings and mental changes. Going raw takes real determination. If you really want it you can do it.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 22, 2013 03:38AM

You should definitely go raw, even overnight if you want, but you should do a lot of research on how to do it properly so you can be assured you are staying nourished. A few tips, don't overdo nuts and seeds, although they are healthy but in moderation (too much fat otherwise). Also, you should beware of the detox symptoms you'll likely experience. Your body will be releasing tons of toxic waste, including heavy metals, chemicals, meat, etc.. and you may have drastic mood swings, flu-like symptoms, skin eruptions, and so on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables