Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

please watch the PETA videos if you ever feel a craving..
Posted by: jimmyjoe ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:41AM

this has helped me time and time again, even though its sad that i even need a reason, i should be this strong on my own.

please watch the videos on PETA, something has to be done. i feel like im surrounded by robots, heartless people. im scared..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: please watch the PETA videos if you ever feel a craving..
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: November 22, 2006 08:46AM

PETA? As in "People Eating Tasty Animals"???!!!

Posted by: jimmyjoe ()
Date: November 22, 2006 09:23AM

what? im just posting this to help anyone who has cravings and is having second thoughts about going back to SAD. dont EVER go back.

those videos need to be broadcast on all the screens of all the televisions in the world, and what scares me the most is that even if everyone knew about this, i doubt most people would care, as evidence to the fact that whenever i bring up something about animal cruelty people get mad AT ME?!?!?!?!

whatever, i have a heart, a big one, full of love and compassion, and i will forever have sadness in my heart for all the animals in the PAST that i have so greedily and visciously eaten sad smiley

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: November 22, 2006 11:26AM

People tend to get mad when their current belief system is challenged, or so I've noticed... Perhaps there is another way.

I hope your sadness ends, have a great day smiling smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 22, 2006 09:42PM

You have to stop torturing yourself. You can't force it on other people. I try not to think about it, but it does make me very sick.

They will come to it of their own accord. One recent news report estimated that in 30 years, 40-50% of us in the USA will be vegetarian. This doesn't seem outlandish to me.

I can't watch those videos. My mind's eye does enough for me. I feel horrible for all the animals that had to die horrible deaths and live horrible lives so that I could eat them. I didn't know any better at the time. Thank the supreme being that I was never much of an animal eater: even when I ate them, I still got almost all of my kcals from plants.

I still haven't forgiven my father, who insisted I would get sick if I stopped eating them. It took him about 14 years to admit that my way is better.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 22, 2006 10:27PM

Thanks for posting, jimmyjoe. Ignore Ian. He's just not "there" yet.

Many times people go through stages in accepting the truth. Ridiculing a concept is one of them.

I used to wonder (many years ago) what was "wrong" with me. So many things around this planet caused me such heart ache. I used to think that I was weak and just "couldn't take it" - meaning life.

Then I learned that compassion is a strength - not a weakness. Think about it. You have to have your act together to some degree in order to take your focus off yourself and put your energy, time, effort, concern etc. toward someone else.

Arugula is right in that you can't force it on others, but that doesn't mean not to try to get the information out there. Just keep on doing what you're doing. This world needs more people like you! I thank you! And you may very well have inspired change in someone today!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables