Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Distillers
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 26, 2013 06:47PM

What's the point in having an activated charcoal filter on a distilled water system? Doesn't distilling completely purify it already?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Distillers
Date: December 26, 2013 10:58PM

Anyone? lol

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: December 26, 2013 11:25PM

Water distillers were discussed at length in previous topics, just do a search

Posted by: crama ()
Date: December 27, 2013 08:28PM

I don't see any point either, in using a carbon filter before the distiller. A good water distiller should purify the water to just h2o, with miniscule amounts of toxins. It can't get them all. We've used a pyrex glass water cooled water distiller for decades now. Air cooled work just as well.

Date: December 27, 2013 08:43PM

Well the distiller I'm purchasing has one but I was just curious. My guess is that it gets whatever the distiller didn't get on its own, however miniscule that may be.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 02, 2014 02:27PM

Jtprindl, apparently some of the volatiles vary in their boiling point from water so most good distillers have a venting system for V.O.C.s in addition to providing the activated charcoal filters to provide for that.

Personally I don't know much about that. What I do know is that with my deep well water and my distiller the final product tastes better when I use the activated carbon filters so I use them.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 03, 2014 08:09PM

Which distiller did you buy? Is the activated charcoal enclosed inline or does it slide in above the collection jug?

Date: January 03, 2014 08:45PM

I bought the MegaHome Water Distiller.

Link: [www.nutriteam.com]

Not sure about the activated charcoal, mine hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow instead of waiting until Monday (I live really close to the UPS location).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables