Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

suggestions for raw diet while traveling by foot?
Posted by: doerae ()
Date: December 31, 2013 06:34AM

I am a backpacker. I carry my food and everything else on my back. I have always felt called to try a raw food diet but as much as I think about it I cant seem to wrap my head around how this could possibly work without a kitchen and kitchen tools. I feel like eating nothing but zuccini for a day then nothing but spinich the next then nothing but melons the next might not be good for my body... there isnt much on the internet about this and nobody face to face seems to know either...?? anybody?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: suggestions for raw diet while traveling by foot?
Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: December 31, 2013 08:32AM

You can stay raw even with minimal kitchen tools, on the go, traveling, etc with some of these tips: [fresherthanlife.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 08:35AM by fresherthanlife.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 31, 2013 01:36PM

doerae Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am a backpacker. I carry my food and everything
> else on my back. I have always felt called to try
> a raw food diet but as much as I think about it I
> cant seem to wrap my head around how this could
> possibly work without a kitchen and kitchen tools.
> I feel like eating nothing but zuccini for a day
> then nothing but spinich the next then nothing but
> melons the next might not be good for my body...
> there isnt much on the internet about this and
> nobody face to face seems to know either...??
> anybody?

Maybe some dried fruit (try goji berries among others) and sprouted nuts/seeds to help pack on some nutrient rich calories and give you energy? You can probably eat more fruit than many others due to the fact that you're moving around so much... berries, apples, watermelon, mangos could provide you a lot of nutrition and hydration. If I were you and didn't have access to any purified or distilled water, I'd try and get most of my hydration if not all through water rich foods (like watermelon, grapefruit, celery, tomatoes, carrots, peaches etc.). Hope all is well on your journey! Also, try and buy organic as much as possible.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2013 01:51PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: December 31, 2013 11:47PM

This is easily done but will require some research on your part. Clearly you can eat nuts and seeds, preferably soaked and dehydrated. You can do the same with veggies-dehydrate them. Unfortunately fruit is too heavy to carry much of but you can also dehydrate this. You can buy raw power bars and dehydrated sprouted flax and chia. I would get some vegan dehydrated food packs for hikers that you put in hot water.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables