Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is a Human Being a Carnivore or Herbivore?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:04PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is a Human Being a Carnivore or Herbivore?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:21PM

PL,

what is wrong with you?

>taurine, omega-3s

we DO NOT NEED exogenous taurine.
omega -3's are AVAILABLE IN plant foods

Do you understand what I said in my other post?
You cannot just look at a study that says, "taurine, blah blah blah, vegan, blah "
and say humans need to ingest taurine.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:31PM

Im sorry i don't prescribe to the Doug Graham thought that individual nutrients don't matter, because they most certainly do as studies find. People wouldn't be getting B12 anemia deficiency or zinc deficient if it didn't matter on a vegan diet would they ?

Some people are of a belief that just because they binge on fruit or all plantfoods that they are immune to any dietary deficiencies or issues.

You ask Doug Graham where you get iodine from on a mostly fruit based diet including no sea vegetables and what is his typical reply.

Just eat fruit lol

Date: January 26, 2014 06:56PM

Stop being an ignorant lying troll.

DG does not say that, he says it can be an issue if your produce comes from a low iodine area, but if your produce comes from a variety of locations as virtually everyone's does, then it should not be concern.

Date: January 26, 2014 07:02PM

vitamin B12, taurine, omega-3s

vitamin b12 has already discussed ad nauseum.
taurine is produced in the human body
omega 3's are available in plant foods and/or synthesized in the human body.

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: January 26, 2014 07:08PM

Actually you will find Doug Grahams response to iodine issue was that, hes already done the "maths" its all fine don't worry about this issue because hes not lol.

How helpful of him to not display his mathematical data(of which he has none because if he had even bothered to research iodine on a basic level he would fine that the foods 80/10/10 are based around contain NO or little iodine content.

Duh.... Put your belief in fake unqualified "guru's" this is what you get. Fresh most of the information you parrot around here is from durianrider, i mean you couldn't get anymore unscientific. Considering the guy is binging on junk food pizzas whilst promoting 80/10/10.

I guess you have that in common Fresh, considering you admit to eating cooked food on the forum but make yourself out to be a 100% raw vegan to others. Crazy.

Date: January 26, 2014 08:24PM

>taurine is produced in the human body
>omega 3's are available in plant foods and/or synthesized in the human body.

oh look, powerlifter avoids statements which he is unable to support .

Date: January 26, 2014 08:52PM

>Actually you will find Doug Grahams response to iodine issue was that, hes already done the "maths" its all fine don't worry about this issue because hes not lol.

Now you're changing your statement.
I am quite sure he has had many various responses to that question.
Are you thinking that the above answer is incorrect?
It is what it is. You can either believe him or do the math yourself right?
so what is your point?

>How helpful of him to not display his mathematical data(of which he has none because if he had even bothered to research iodine on a basic level he would fine that the foods 80/10/10 are based around contain NO or little iodine content.

You are entitled to your opinion, right?
oh, I DIDN'T SEE YOUR NUMBERS- DID YOU POST THEM SOMEWHERE?

>I guess you have that in common Fresh, considering you admit to eating cooked food on the forum but make yourself out to be a 100% raw vegan to others. Crazy.

Actually I don't. I have eaten a small amount of cooked food in the past 30 years and do not represent otherwise. do you have a point here? Do you want to see my recent food log? Does my food intake impact something in particular that you would like to discuss?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 02, 2014 12:56AM

Frugivore.

Sorry Had to add that !!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables