Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

paul nielson reccomendations , low fat and low sugar
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2006 08:35AM

hi there , was watching a video on paul nielson last night and he was taking about fred biscis reccommendations to eat low fat and low sugar and concern yourself with getting more greens and veggies into the diet, he said he didn't avocate green smoothies.. just wondering if anyone here eats like this and what results they have had..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: paul nielson reccomendations , low fat and low sugar
Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: November 27, 2006 12:12PM

If you want to fullfill your caloric needs with mostly veggies you have to juice enormous amounts of them. There's a clue.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 27, 2006 10:36PM

I don't understand what he is saying. Greens and other veggies that are edible when raw are mostly sugar.

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: November 28, 2006 07:52AM

I thought I ate a lot of food each day but to eat low fat low sugar and not be hungry you would have to eat a good 20 to 25 pounds of greens a day if that is what he says.
But if you where to eat soaked grains and beans it could be done I tried it years ago it was a hassle draining all the jars.

A lot easier and tastier to just eat FRUIT FRUIT FRUIT and enjoy.

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: November 28, 2006 09:59AM

Fruit is heaven!!

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 28, 2006 10:22AM

I am not a fan of sprouted grains, they seem to get "gooey" I sprout chick peas sometimes. But I seem to be doing much better now that I have added more fruit to my diet.
When I eat mostly vegetables and I kept failing to stay Raw for any good amount of time.

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 29, 2006 04:32PM

Hi,

Green smoothies are what got me started into raw diet. (Boutenko - Green for Life) I felt so nourished when I first started drinking them I blew the budget and bought a Vita-Mix and feel so MUCH better, sleeping through the night, and -strangely B.O. not noticable anymore and the depression that I have been trying to get rid of seems to have evaporated. No doctor or protocol has even come close to changing my health so dramatically. I have read testemonials but I never really believed them but here I am giving my own.
Am trying to eat all raw fruits and veggies, have had some cravings for fat, salt, bread/pasta but will keep at it. I understand I have to eat a LOT of fruit. Haven't made it yet, ate cheese broccolli soup last PM (made in the new Vita-mix doh!) and munched on cassava "chips" this morning. Need to figure out an easy snack to satisfy me once in a while.
Great to be alive and in control of my health.

Dulset

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 30, 2006 12:38AM

Paul Nison keeps changing his dietary recommendation. One day, its low sugar, the next it low sugar/fat. One day he was the durian king, which is high sugar high fat. Given that he keeps changing his tune, why would I think he is going to be singing the same song next year? And if that is so, should I listen to him?

Posted by: MissSunshine ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:23AM

What does Nison suggest people eat so they feel full and satisfied? Lots and lots of juice..?

I think it makes sense, but I'm not ready. My body is still figuring out what "full" and "satisfied" mean with living food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables