Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Who eats nuts?
Date: March 02, 2014 09:58AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought about working there too. Seems nice.
> It's about 1 hr and 45mins away from me. I may
> have a tough time though since I may want to do
> things differently ie not eat beans. Or atleast
> that much.

We could both work there Storm, imagine that. smiling smiley I couldn't think of a job l would rather do...a life long dream come true, and work in the spirit of all my mentors.

It's your choice how you eat, l am sure they won't be fussed. Have you considered dehydrated sprouted grains (bread) a few times per week?

I find fermented sprouted grains are delicious, and very energy giving too. Mixing fermented millet sprouts with plain lentil sprouts makes a nice sour tangy meal that digests beautiful.

If you have millet sprouts without fermenting, they taste absolutely foul (worst tasting sprout ever by far because they are full of anti nutrients).

I actually worked out my calories tonight and l can get almost up to 1,600 actually. That is pretty decent. I certainly don't have any ribs showing when l eat like that, and l have more muscle on my arms than l ever have had in my life. And when l do push-ups it builds the chest up quickly - the key is to do lots of push-ups just before the green drinks and seaweed/seed meals (it's the 30 minute window of opportunity). You will never get hungry (the sprouts/algaes/sea weeds balance the blood sugar so well) or waste away on the sproutarian diet if you do the exercise, and you never have to stuff yourself with food...only eat a moderate amount when you feel hungry. When you first start out it is different.

I am going to do fermented sprouted grains 3 times per week and sprouted dehydrated grains 3 times per week now. The 4th ferment will be nuts.The grains and lentils are a good calorie booster, but so are the nuts and seeds. Sometimes l will do the sprouted fermented chickpeas too.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 10:07AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 02, 2014 12:16PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

"Dr Brian has 6 sprouted seeds on his salad every day.

* sprouted poppy
* sprouted flax
* sprouted sesame
* sprouted chia
* sprouted sunflower
* sprouted hemp seed powder"

-and-

> Dr Brian says to try and have nuts/seeds between
> 11am and 1 pm because that's when the body's
> hydrochloric acid levels are at their peak.

TSM, I've been watching his videos you post and remain unimpressed by what he does.

He says he takes 30 digestive enzyme capsules a day and that there is only a 2 hour window in which hydrochloric acid levels are high enough to digest predigested,(and predigested is what sprouted nuts and seeds are), nuts and seeds even after all these years on his diet?!

Something is really wrong with what he is doing if that is the case, IMO.

Date: March 02, 2014 12:52PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> One can become dependant on digestive enzymes
> especially when used in high quantities long term.
> Which is why they are best cycled so that you
> don't weaken your bodies own production.
>
> 30 pills of high strength digestive enzymes a day,
> i would argue is very excessive. Must cost him a
> fortune also, considering most high quality
> digestive enzyme supplements aren't cheap and
> typically come in 60-90 capsule quantities, so hes
> consuming a bottle every 3 days.
>
> I have to wonder why he needs such high dosage of
> digestive enzymes, even in those with severe
> digestive dysfunction that would be considered
> very excessive dosing. I could maybe understand if
> he was eating heavy hard to digest meals but
> sprouts and such are meant to be pre-digested and
> fairly easy on digestion. Although many raw foods
> aren't easy to digest in there raw state i guess.
>
> Same goes for betaine HCL and ox bile with daily
> long term use, you can weaken the bodies own
> secretion and production of stomach acid and bile.
> Bitter herbs pre meal are a better choice in my
> opinion because they merely stimulate the body to
> release stomach acid, pancreatic digestive enzymes
> and bile flow, rather than substituting these in
> the case of digestive enzyme supplements or
> betaine HCL.
>
> Thats not to say proteolytic enzymes are bad
> because they do have many health benefits when
> used correctly, especially in individuals with
> pancreatic insufficiency and overall poor
> digestion.
>

I used digestive enzymes after I stopped the hclf raw diet and before I went on the Conductivity Diet because for that duration of time I had added cooked beans to my diet to replace the fruit for calories.

Now that I'm completely raw again I no longer need the enzymes even though I eat way harder to digest foods, and way more of them, than BC eats. This is despite the long standing severe digestive problems I had previous to going on the CD diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 11:58PM by Prana.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 02, 2014 01:35PM

<<<Dr Brian says to try and have nuts/seeds between 11am and 1 pm because that's when the body's hydrochloric acid levels are at their peak.>>>

I've learned that whenever we eat nuts throughout the day, they slow down the elimination of everything else we eat. For this reason, I will either add a couple of ounces of Sesame Seeds to my salad dressing for my evening meal or eat a handful of Pecans or whatever as a meal all by itself at the end of the day.

I've also learned how important it is to really chew Nuts for a really long time. In the beginning, it used to take me 5 or 10 minutes to eat 4 ounces of Nuts and now it takes me an hour. I start off chewing on one side of my mouth and as soon as it dries out, I switch it over to the other side of my mouth and the saliva glands on that side of my mouth kick in and I chew until it dries out and I switch it over to the other side of my mouth again. I'll do that several times and it's really amazing because the more you chew the better it tastes. Indeed, if we like eating, we're not chewing enough to really appreciate what we're eating.

Obviously, this doesn't work when we're eating something like pasta that wants to slip down our throat almost as soon as we stick it in our mouth.

Here's something else that I always find interesting and that is when I eat 4 ounces of Nuts, they come out the other end as 6 ounces and that's because I added about 20 ounces of saliva to it in the chewing process!

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: March 02, 2014 01:54PM

Rawfood life should bring the body back to a natural functioning system. If you need to continue on taking so many digestive enzymes, then something is not working.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 02, 2014 06:49PM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> Rawfood life should bring the body back to a
> natural functioning system. If you need to
> continue on taking so many digestive enzymes, then
> something is not working.

Brian Clement takes them for anti-aging, not digestion.

Date: March 02, 2014 09:39PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> One can become dependant on digestive enzymes
> especially when used in high quantities long term.
> Which is why they are best cycled so that you
> don't weaken your bodies own production.

Interestingly enough...there are two situations that can happen apparently. You can end up like Bernard Jenson who became reliant on digestive enzymes and needed 17 a day to be able to digest food (probably the combination of eating cooked food and aging didn't help), or you could end up like Kulvinskas and Dr Brian and not need to supplement enzymes anymore to properly digest food as they now claim (try to watch the videos l posted in the "Viktoras Kulvinskas - ENZYMES (Brilliant commentary, the best" thread).

I believe that Dr Brian does not take digestive enzymes with meals anymore. According to the extensive research and experience of both men and the various associates they deal with, sprouts and digestive enzymes can replenish the body of it's enzyme supply. And l know my digestion of raw food is much better, even without digestive enzymes.

The reason Dr Brian takes about 30 enzyme tablets at night before bed is for it's anti aging effect. I do clearly recall listening to an audio where he claimed that scientific testing showed that the digestive enzymes put a protective shield around many of the cells of the body which could be seen in a high powered microscope, and this protective shield stopped free radical damage.

>
> 30 pills of high strength digestive enzymes a day,
> i would argue is very excessive. Must cost him a
> fortune also, considering most high quality
> digestive enzyme supplements aren't cheap and
> typically come in 60-90 capsule quantities, so hes
> consuming a bottle every 3 days.

See comment above. HHI sell a bottle of 650 tablets that are of the highest quality for about $90. They are fantastic.

>

>
> Same goes for betaine HCL and ox bile with daily
> long term use, you can weaken the bodies own
> secretion and production of stomach acid and bile.
> Bitter herbs pre meal are a better choice in my
> opinion because they merely stimulate the body to
> release stomach acid, pancreatic digestive enzymes
> and bile flow, rather than substituting these in
> the case of digestive enzyme supplements or
> betaine HCL.
>
> Thats not to say proteolytic enzymes are bad
> because they do have many health benefits when
> used correctly, especially in individuals with
> pancreatic insufficiency and overall poor
> digestion.

I am really starting to change my views with enzymes and are becoming completely won over with them. The more l study these things and pancreatic disorders, the more l know Dr Brian and especially Viktoras Kulvinskas is on the right track.

Taking digestive enzymes with cooked foods can lead down a dark path over time imo (dependancy as you age), but taking them with raw sprouted foods seems to be a different ball game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 09:42PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 02, 2014 09:55PM

John Rose Wrote:
> <<>>
>

>
> I've also learned how important it is to really
> chew Nuts for a really long time. In the
> beginning, it used to take me 5 or 10 minutes to
> eat 4 ounces of Nuts and now it takes me an hour.

Agreed John. Even when l do a short blend of fermented nuts, it still takes me close to an hour to chew that food properly (I will blend in small section, eat it and then blend some more nuts....always on a weekend). I instinctively know these days how long to chew food before swallowing it. Fermented foods do take less time to chew, but those nuts still take the most time (they are a very course food that takes time to get properly liquid).

When l eat a bowl of sprouted seeds it takes about 35 - 45 minutes.

A bowl of nori/wakame takes about 45 minutes (only have a big bowl once per week because Nori is lower in iodine, so an occasional binge isn't too bad). All other days l eat the sea weed in moderation.

A large big bowl of salad greens takes 2 hours. That's why l mainly juice now.

I never rush to eat my food...l would rather eat less and chew properly than eat more and not chew properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 09:56PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 02, 2014 10:07PM

powerlifter Wrote:

>
> But i still feel 30 pills is excessive and i
> reckon it would halt the bodies own production in
> the long term unless properly cycled on and off.

It does seem excessive, and l well understand your concerns. I do agree that sometimes we should have some foods without digestive enzymes or probiotics to be on the safe side. New long term research as suggests the human body can make adjustments to break down phytic acid (WOW), so we definitely don't want to interfere too strongly with the bodies natural mechanisms.

> If using just for general health or as a digestive
> aid i would definitely still think about cycling
> on and off, aswell as rotating the dosage from
> high to low to prevent any dependancy issues or
> stopping the bodies own natural production/release
> of these enzymes. The pancreas and digestive
> system can become sluggish.

Best to be on the safe side. Agreed.

>
> Another issue with many digestive enzyme formula's
> is that they contain enzymes such as cellulase
> which break down fibers, this isn't a good thing
> because they break these fibers down into sugars.
> Many of these normally indigestible fibers are
> required to provide food to maintain the
> beneficial gut bacteria.

Interesting point.

Date: March 02, 2014 10:09PM

> The reason Dr Brian takes about 30 enzyme tablets
> at night before bed is for it's anti aging effect.
> I do clearly recall listening to an audio where he
> claimed that scientific testing showed that the
> digestive enzymes put a protective shield around
> many of the cells of the body which could be seen
> in a high powered microscope, and this protective
> shield stopped free radical damage.

This finding of the "scientific testing" is impossible for me to take seriously. I have my doubts that such a study exists but if it does and these guys are selling tons of their enzymes using such statements it's not out of line to demand a link to the study. WHERE'S THE LINK?

> I am really starting to change my views with
> enzymes and are becoming completely won over with
> them. The more l study these things and pancreatic
> disorders, the more l know Dr Brian and especially
> Viktoras Kulvinskas is on the right track.

You can change your views on enzymes without one shred of evidence but you should realize it's just based on your faith in these two people and nothing else. Unless you have something of substance you are basing it on you haven't shared with us.

> Taking digestive enzymes with cooked foods can
> lead down a dark path over time imo (dependancy as
> you age), but taking them with raw sprouted foods
> seems to be a different ball game.

Come on now. Why?

I haven't seen or read even one reason to believe as you do on this. Are you going on some private exchanges you've had with these two people that the rest of us aren't privy to or are you claiming to be reading their minds.

Date: March 02, 2014 10:24PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:

> That might actually be perfect. I could do 3 tbsp
> each legume and grain for a meal and not go over
> 100g of sugar a day possibly, including the juices
> and seaweeds, algaes etc. On fitday.com it works
> out. But can't do that everyday can't I?

You can, but it is best you don't do ferments everyday. You might be able to manage 4 ferments per week, if you do more you need to be careful. Personally, if l was doing fermented grains l would be doing 3 ferments per week and then use a digestive enzyme and probiotic the other times. Grains are a really harsh food because they are full of anti nutrients and all types of undesirable things, but when properly treated they are wonderful.

Grains do need heavy duty treatment...l always ferment my grains for three days. It doesn't matter if mold grows on top of the ferment, do not be afraid...what you do is scoop the top part off, clean the side of the bowl/jar and eat/blend the rest. The mold will only grow on the surface, NEVER in the rejuvalic solution because it can't survive in such a low Ph environment. Kulvinskas raves about sprouted grains and he will also tell you the same thing regarding mold.

>Would I
> be able to have grain/beans everyday if I
> alternate days with ferments so that I end up
> having them 3/4 times weekly?

See above answer.

> You make it seem
> like we can't have sprouted grain/bean everyday so
> what would one be eating on the days without them,
> just seeds and juice?

We can have beans and grains everyday. Just rotate the foods alittle.

> Why not ferment sprouted sunflower seeds instead
> of nuts, I have really good sunflower seeds
> lately. Good for the vitamin k2 producing bacteria
> right?

I try to get variety in my diet, so l will ferment a variety of nuts. But l still love to occasionally ferment sunflower sprouts for K2, but it means l must reduce one of the grain or nut ferments and take a probiotic/enzyme to make up for it.

I love fermented nuts...tastes like apricot yogurt. Fermented sunflower also tastes like delicious yogurt when fermented long enough....mouth wateringly delicious.

>
> My only issue is that I never seem to get a good
> batch of rejuvelac yet.

If there is some bad bacteria, so be it. If carefully done there should be lots of good bacteria too. We are always exposed to bad bacteria in life, so if we have a decent immune system we will be o.k. The reputation for ferments is good, and l am sure not all of those ferments done in third world countries would be the cleanest, but they work.

Kulvinsaks is well aware of the problems with rejuvalic, but he and sproutman still promote it because it works wonders.

Date: March 02, 2014 10:57PM

SueZ Wrote:

>
> This finding of the "scientific testing" is
> impossible for me to take seriously. I have my
> doubts that such a study exists but if it does and
> these guys are selling tons of their enzymes using
> such statements it's not out of line to demand a
> link to the study. WHERE'S THE LINK?

I fully understand your skepicism. I don't say l fully believe it myself, but l am going to keep an open mind to this.

In relation to providing a published study, it is not such a cut and dried matter. We have to remember that HHI is in the alternative health field, and with that comes a lack of funding needed to do proper studies that would enable these `so called' findings to be published. All Brian Clement does is do `his versions' of studies...in other words, for eg, he will look through a microscope and see the cells with a protective sheild and make his conclusions. He is not going to spend money he doesn't have by setting up proper studies, employing various scientists for reviewing the testing etc...too much time and money involved.

>
>

> You can change your views on enzymes without one
> shred of evidence but you should realize it's just
> based on your faith in these two people and
> nothing else. Unless you have something of
> substance you are basing it on you haven't shared
> with us.

It is not me blindly following these two people. At first l took these two folk's claims with a grain of salt, but since reading the various literiture on enzymes and the pancreas, and my personal experiences, and reviewing their old commentaries on enzymes...l am now starting to see that these two men could be right on track with what they are saying.

> > Taking digestive enzymes with cooked foods can
> > lead down a dark path over time imo (dependancy
> as
> > you age), but taking them with raw sprouted
> foods
> > seems to be a different ball game.
>
> Come on now. Why?

The theory is that cooked food robs the body of digestive enzymes, and indeed there is evidence that humans do run low on digestive enzymes. And the theory is that when the body runs low on digestive enzymes the body must convert metabolic enzymes to digestive enzymes to keep the digestive function going. But doing this means body functioning is compromised and digestive functioning can also be compromised. But when you eat sprouted food (highest foods in enzymes) it is said that you no longer put a drain upon your body's digestive enzyme supply, in fact, it is said to make a deposit of enzymes into your body which allows metabolic enzymes to normalise and increase human functioning.

So when a person ages and eats cooked food, they are draining their natural supply of enzymes and they become reliant on supplements and can become dependant on them. But if a person has sprouts (especially sprout juices and a probiotic food like occasional ferments) and therefore make deposits of enzymes into their body, they are not becoming dependant on supplements because the sprouts are doing much of the job of the supplements and not draining the body of enzymes like cooked food does. And when the body is topped up enough via sprouting and supplementation, it reaches a state where amounts where bodily functioning is optimised. Digestion improves naturally, mind functioning improves etc.

So again, the theory also says that the body has limited potential to produce digestive enzymes, and cooked food is the worst for draining them. But when we top up those lost enzymes we can restore digestive enzymes and metabolic enzymes to orginal levels.

Look...in my mind it is just a theory. In Brian, Vik's and theior associates mind's, mind it is a reality. But the more l look into this, the more l see this `so called' crazy theory to be a strong possibility. In fact, l have never been so excited about anything food related as l am with enzymes right now, my mind is completely blown off it's hinges of late.

>
> I haven't seen or read even one reason to
> believe as you do on this. Are you going on some
> private exchanges you've had with these two people
> that the rest of us aren't privy to or are you
> claiming to be reading their minds. Taking digestive enzymes with cooked foods can

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 11:04PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 02, 2014 11:00PM

TSM, quick question on fenugreek and pea shoots.. how long do you keep a cover on top of them, until they push it off?

Date: March 02, 2014 11:06PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> TSM, quick question on fenugreek and pea shoots..
> how long do you keep a cover on top of them, until
> they push it off?

I'll answer that at my forum, hopefully today if l can, but always flat out on Mondays. I've been spending too much time here and need to go back home. I've got to stop reading this forum and posting, or at least greatly cut it down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 11:14PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 02, 2014 11:14PM

> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > This finding of the "scientific testing" is
> > impossible for me to take seriously. I have my
> > doubts that such a study exists but if it does
> and
> > these guys are selling tons of their enzymes
> using
> > such statements it's not out of line to demand
> a
> > link to the study. WHERE'S THE LINK?
>
> I fully understand your skepicism. I don't say l
> fully believe it myself, but l am going to keep an
> open mind to this.
>
> In relation to providing a published study, it is
> not such a cut and dried matter. We have to
> remember that HHI is in the alternative health
> field, and with that comes a lack of funding
> needed to do proper studies that would enable
> these `so called' findings to be published. All
> Brian Clement does is do `his versions' of
> studies...in other words, for eg, he will look
> through a microscope and see the cells with a
> protective sheild and make his conclusions. He is
> not going to spend money he doesn't have by
> setting up proper studies, employing various
> scientists for reviewing the testing etc...too
> much time and money involved.

I'll just respond to this part as you are in a rush to leave.

If BC is looking through a microscope and says he is seeing protective shields around cells created by the digestive enzymes he sells he is a lunatic.

That's all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2014 11:17PM by SueZ.

Date: March 02, 2014 11:29PM

> literiture

Ok, I haven't read the rest of your long post yet but, before you go again, please try, for your own good, to remember that it's spelled literature.

Date: March 02, 2014 11:55PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > This finding of the "scientific testing" is
> > > impossible for me to take seriously. I have
> my
> > > doubts that such a study exists but if it
> does
> > and
> > > these guys are selling tons of their enzymes
> > using
> > > such statements it's not out of line to
> demand
> > a
> > > link to the study. WHERE'S THE LINK?
> >
> > I fully understand your skepicism. I don't say
> l
> > fully believe it myself, but l am going to keep
> an
> > open mind to this.
> >
> > In relation to providing a published study, it
> is
> > not such a cut and dried matter. We have to
> > remember that HHI is in the alternative health
> > field, and with that comes a lack of funding
> > needed to do proper studies that would enable
> > these `so called' findings to be published. All
> > Brian Clement does is do `his versions' of
> > studies...in other words, for eg, he will look
> > through a microscope and see the cells with a
> > protective sheild and make his conclusions. He
> is
> > not going to spend money he doesn't have by
> > setting up proper studies, employing various
> > scientists for reviewing the testing etc...too
> > much time and money involved.
>
>
> I'll just respond to this part as you are in a
> rush to leave.
>
> If BC is looking through a microscope and says he
> is seeing protective shields around cells created
> by the digestive enzymes he sells he is a
> lunatic.
>
> That's all.

Except what kind of microscope can he have if he can't afford a proper study? It could only be a basic light microscope as anything else would be out of his price range.

Date: March 03, 2014 01:05PM

powerlifter Wrote:
I mean even if he couldn't fund
> real studies, im sure he could at least publish
> the findings on his website or at HHI, if these
> experiments were well designed and actually real,
> yet he doesn't even do that. Which leads me to
> believe that they often don't even exist, simply
> something he's witnessed anecodtally at HHI then
> wraps up as coming from a scientific study, which
> is terrible practice if so.

If this is what is really going on it's worse than a terrible practice. It could probably be fairly called fraud.

Date: March 03, 2014 08:15PM

SueZ Wrote:

> If BC is looking through a microscope and says he
> is seeing protective shields around cells created
> by the digestive enzymes he sells he is a
> lunatic.

Very harsh Suez. We not know what Dr Brian sees through his microscope and what action this [reported] protective shield plays. He might be for real.

Is he just trying to sell supplements? I am not so convinced. He does many great things - sells Sun Chlorella A for 2.5 less of the retail price and repackages it so it is much more affordable. He has spent lots of money formulating high quality enzyme supplements and making them more affordable to the public. He has done lots of great things with supplements, and apparently with some, the HHI is not getting an adequate return, but he is trying to get the best supplements available to help various conditions. I really don't think he is the wolfe is sheeps clothing.

Date: March 03, 2014 08:24PM

SueZ Wrote:
>
>
> > literiture
>
>
> Ok, I haven't read the rest of your long post
> yet but, before you go again, please try, for your
> own good, to remember that it's spelled
> literature.

Funny enough, when l come to write that word l actually made a note to spell it right. Now l should remember in future if l remember the first letter in the alfabet to jog my memory. Instead of `i' l use `a' (first letter).

SueZ Wrote:

> Except what kind of microscope can he have if
> he can't afford a proper study? It could only be a
> basic light microscope as anything else would be
> out of his price range.

I forget the name of it, but l think it is one of the very best pieces of equipment money can buy. He always spends good money on equipment he can make good use of. He claims to have some better equipment than many of the medical schools and hospitals have.

Sure, he could spend money on designed good studies, but where does it end? He could design hundreds of studies, but HHI wouldn't have the money to do this. Better to put the money where it is really needed...forumating quality supplements, buying high quality machinery etc.

Date: March 03, 2014 08:50PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Have you ever tried sprouting peanut TSM?
>
> Is it ever a good food?

Never tried sprouting it. Apparently it's never a good food to have. Don't know much about peanuts. It is said that the oil is of lower quality (don't know why) and because it develops various molds (??). We know it has aflatoxins, but so does sesame, but sprouting can reduce those, and fermenting brings levels close to zero in sesame.

powerlifter Wrote:

>
> I had thought this TSM, the other day i was
> thinking about all these so called studies that
> Brian Clement often references in his speeches and
> i did get the thought that he was just referring
> to what he was seeing everyday at HHI i.e
> anecdotal.

>
> He talks about these "studies" where vegans got
> ill eating 35% cooked plant foods instead of raw
> etc, but it sounds like its all just from personal
> anecdotes. It could be nothing more than him
> seeing a woman at HHI not tolerating cooked food
> well after being raw, which isn't reliable science
> at all. Which leads me to, where do all these
> numbers/data come from that he often references,
> are they just completely fabricated if there are
> no real studies.
>
> Its abit of a con that he references these in
> house experiments and anecdotes as scientific
> studies. How reliable are his versions of these
> studies even if they are done in house, are they
> controlled, properly designed, are they biased
> with the intent of showing raw food favourably
> over cooked food etc.
>
> I will find it difficult to take him seriously
> knowing all these various studies he talks about
> aren't even real. I mean even if he couldn't fund
> real studies, im sure he could at least publish
> the findings on his website or at HHI, if these
> experiments were well designed and actually real,
> yet he doesn't even do that. Which leads me to
> believe that they often don't even exist, simply
> something he's witnessed anecodtally at HHI then
> wraps up as coming from a scientific study, which
> is terrible practice if so.

I think Dr Brian is very keen and reports his basic experiments at HHI as science. I think he tries to be as careful as he can so the data isn't bias so he can get a clear picture of what is going on, that would naturally be in his best interests. He mentioned in a video the other week about doing another placebo controlled study with a group of HHI people, and from that l could gather the study isn't strictly scientific, but he does the best he can to make the studies non bias. That is just one aspect of his research, other aspects are trying things on HHI people and monitoring what happens, and other aspects are looking at changes in blood work via dark field microscopy (rubbished by the mainstream) after using diet and supplements, and monitoring healing after electric treatments etc. His research may not be right up with strictly designed scientific studies, but l think he is doing a great job with the resources he has available. He doesn't have millions to spend each year. His position is made even better because he has lots of collegues in important jobs that he can talk with to get further insight into areas of health.

How many raw food leaders are at his level? No-one even begin to appraoch what HHI are doing and the knowledge they have imo. For a raw fooder he is a level 10....David Wolfe might be a 5, most others are lucky to get a 2/10, and many would be a 1/10. Dr Brian is lucky in that he has this great institute where he can see what pateints respond to, so it's very good insight very few people will ever have. In terms of diet, he seems spot on - fresh....how many raw food leaders are doing fresh food and insisting on growing the food?...none, and it makes a mockery of what they do. Hardly any of them are talking about the latest enzyme and phytochemical research...most leaders are teaching raw food 101....things have moved on, but most leaders are teaching the same old dumbed down knowledge of years ago. The knowledge taught is so incomplete as to make them painful to listen to. Dr Brian is a breath of fresh air.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 09:01PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 03, 2014 09:04PM

> THeSt0rm Wrote:
> -----
> > Have you ever tried sprouting peanut TSM?
> >
> > Is it ever a good food?
>
> Never tried sprouting it. Apparently it's never a
> good food to have. Don't know much about peanuts.
> It is said that the oil is of lower quality (don't
> know why) and because it develops various molds
> (??). We know it has aflatoxins, but so does
> sesame, but sprouting can reduce those, and
> fermenting brings levels close to zero in sesame.
>
>
>
>
>
> powerlifter Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> > I had thought this TSM, the other day i was
> > thinking about all these so called studies that
> > Brian Clement often references in his speeches
> and
> > i did get the thought that he was just
> referring
> > to what he was seeing everyday at HHI i.e
> > anecdotal.
>
> >
> > He talks about these "studies" where vegans got
> > ill eating 35% cooked plant foods instead of
> raw
> > etc, but it sounds like its all just from
> personal
> > anecdotes. It could be nothing more than him
> > seeing a woman at HHI not tolerating cooked
> food
> > well after being raw, which isn't reliable
> science
> > at all. Which leads me to, where do all these
> > numbers/data come from that he often
> references,
> > are they just completely fabricated if there
> are
> > no real studies.
> >
> > Its abit of a con that he references these in
> > house experiments and anecdotes as scientific
> > studies. How reliable are his versions of these
> > studies even if they are done in house, are
> they
> > controlled, properly designed, are they biased
> > with the intent of showing raw food favourably
> > over cooked food etc.
> >
> > I will find it difficult to take him seriously
> > knowing all these various studies he talks
> about
> > aren't even real. I mean even if he couldn't
> fund
> > real studies, im sure he could at least publish
> > the findings on his website or at HHI, if these
> > experiments were well designed and actually
> real,
> > yet he doesn't even do that. Which leads me to
> > believe that they often don't even exist,
> simply
> > something he's witnessed anecodtally at HHI
> then
> > wraps up as coming from a scientific study,
> which
> > is terrible practice if so.
>
>
> I think Dr Brian is very keen and reports his
> basic experiments at HHI as science. I think he
> tries to be as careful as he can so the data isn't
> bias so he can get a clear picture of what is
> going on, that would naturally be in his best
> interests. He mentioned in a video the other week
> about doing another placebo controlled study with
> a group of HHI people, and from that l could
> gather the study isn't strictly scientific, but he
> does the best he can to make the studies non bias.
> That is just one aspect of his research, other
> aspects are trying things on HHI people and
> monitoring what happens, and other aspects are
> looking at changes in blood work via dark field
> microscopy (rubbished by the mainstream) after
> using diet and supplements, and monitoring healing
> after electric treatments etc. His research may
> not be right up with strictly designed scientific
> studies, but l think he is doing a great job with
> the resources he has available. He doesn't have
> millions to spend each year. His position is made
> even better because he has lots of collegues in
> important jobs that he can talk with to get
> further insight into areas of health.
>
> How many raw food leaders are at his level? No-one
> even begin to appraoch what HHI are doing and the
> knowledge they have imo. For a raw fooder he is a
> level 10....David Wolfe might be a 5, most others
> are lucky to get a 2/10, and many would be a 1/10.
> Dr Brian is lucky in that he has this great
> institute where he can see what pateints respond
> to, so it's very good insight very few people will
> ever have. In terms of diet, he seems spot on -
> fresh....how many raw food leaders are doing fresh
> food and insisting on growing the food?...none,
> and it makes a mockery of what they do. Hardly any
> of them are talking about the latest enzyme and
> phytochemical research...most leaders are teaching
> raw food 101....things have moved on, but most
> leaders are teaching the same old dumbed down
> knowledge of years ago.

I agree when it comes to this, but do you think he's really that spiritually awakened? I know that he knows things are corrupt, but I've heard him say things like "It's not Obama's fault, poor guy gets blamed for everything" which makes me question if he's really aware of things like the Bilderberg group, corruption of the federal reserve bank, and things of that nature. He also said that anyone promoting the Natural Hygiene diet should die, which is just a tad bit extreme lol.

Date: March 03, 2014 09:08PM

> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
>
> > If BC is looking through a microscope and says
> he
> > is seeing protective shields around cells
> created
> > by the digestive enzymes he sells he is a
> > lunatic.
>
>
> Very harsh Suez. We not know what Dr Brian sees
> through his microscope and what action this
> protective shield plays. He might be for real.

Not harsh. To say something like that he must have been talking to people who don't know what can and can't be attributed to things seen through a light microscope and who think such magic can occur because he says so. There is no way of getting around that and it would explain why there are no pictures of what he saw offered. IMO.

Date: March 03, 2014 09:17PM

jtprindl Wrote:

> I agree when it comes to this, but do you think
> he's really that spiritually awakened?

No, he has a long way to go. According to himself he was a pretty brutal man before raw...it sounded like he would have been happy to punch you up if you got him in a certain mood. But it's not how you are now, it is how you are progressing. Not everyone is going to be spiritually awakened in this lifetime, and eating raw only seems to be a small factor in awakening from the observations l have made - still lots of brutal raw fooders around who could match many SAD people in viciousness.

Does raw food bring increased spiritual awareness and enlightenment? Haven't observed evidence of this at all.

The main thing about raw [to me] is that it can mark the start of a significant process towards seeking enlightenment. It is a step where you start getting it all togeather....it's the start of big changes in your future development of the soul (probably haven't used the best words here...busy at the moment).

> He also
> said that anyone promoting the Natural Hygiene
> diet should die, which is just a tad bit extreme
> lol.

Yes, he took it too far when he said that. I know he was highly excitable that day, but he did take it too far.

Date: March 03, 2014 09:23PM

Dr Brian has taken note of what people are saying about him offering no evidence. His recent books have been very scientific, but, as usual, no proper HHI science studies as yet. None-the-less, he is improving. He has recently released a book with roughly 300 science references to sprouts (haven't bought it yet), and has another book with almost 200 pages of refs on phyto chemicals and etc. Hopefully his recent book talks about enzymes.

Date: March 04, 2014 12:36AM

Florida is said to have the best climate in the world...stable temperitures. Hardly ever hot or cold, is this true? The book `long life in Florida' (Hilton Hotema) is excellent.

Hilton says that temperiture variations are a big killer of mankind. The body is usually forced to either expend energy heating or cooling itself, and this takes a toll on the body. He goes on and on about stuff regarding Florida (most boring part of his book), but 2/3 of the book is very very interesting on spiritual stuff and ancient knowledge.

Yes, Florida seems to have lots of mysterious stuff going on there. Also lots of drug importers from what l gather lol. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2014 12:39AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 04, 2014 12:42AM

> Florida is said to have the best climate in the
> world...stable temperitures. Hardly ever hot or
> cold, is this true? The book `long life in
> Florida' (Hilton Hotema) is excellent.
>
> Hilton says that temperiture variations are a big
> killer of mankind. The body is usually forced to
> either expend energy heating or cooling itself,
> and this takes a toll on the body. He goes on and
> on about stuff regarding Florida (most boring part
> of his book), but 2/3 of the book is very very
> interesting on spiritual stuff and ancient
> knowledge.
>
> Yes, Florida seems to have lots of mysterious
> stuff going on there. Also lots of drug importers
> from what l gather lol. winking smiley

I've actually read that colder climates are associated with longevity.

[www.menshealth.com]#.

[jap.physiology.org]

"The cold exposure appeared to protect against neoplasia, particularly sarcomas; only 24% of the necropsied cold-exposed rats had malignancies compared with 57% for the controls. The results of this study provide no support for the concept that increased energy expenditure decreases longevity."

Date: March 04, 2014 07:04PM

Ironically, I got an email today from one of David Wolfe's newsletters that said Florida has the shortest lifespan of all U.S. states. I clicked the video, deleted the email, and then the video didn't work so I didn't get the details, unfortunately.

Date: March 04, 2014 09:28PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Ironically, I got an email today from one of David
> Wolfe's newsletters that said Florida has the
> shortest lifespan of all U.S. states. I clicked
> the video, deleted the email, and then the video
> didn't work so I didn't get the details,
> unfortunately.

Very interesting, but in a way not very surprising. Hotema's research was done a long time ago and raises some questions, none-the-less it was very thought provoking. Florida has been said to have very selenium deficient soils, so could this be contributing to cancer and heart disease?

In regards to the cold weather contributing to longevity...I wonder why that would be the case. I know the long lived people live in cold climates because of highly mineralised soils and various factors, but could they live longer if a more stable climate? There are so many factors at play that it's not really worth even thinking about.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 04, 2014 09:44PM

The problem with seeds and nuts is that they are not digestible for most with impaired system.

Even when sprouted, there is still some degree of concerns.

What to do?

Avoid them?

Ferment them?

Eat them with digestive enzymes?

They have good nutrients there is no question.

When you are eating a well ripe mango, you do not need digestive enzymes.

It is unfortunate fruits of our generation have not much nutrients.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables