Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Will I Get Too Thin?
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 29, 2006 08:43PM

Hi all,

Have been doing very well on fruit and green smoothies, little detox so far, have been vegetarian for a while though, maybe that helps.
I'm getting the message that mostly raw fruit and greens are the way to go but am concerned about losing weight, am only 130 on a 5'7" frame. I have always eaten fat, butter, chips, desserts to my hearts content pretty much.
Do plan to start a little weight training so that I can get up to speed on the Yoga which I love. Am 52 yrs old (and getting younger by the minute).
I've heard that low stomach acid may be why people stay thin.
I can't remember tha last time I felt this good for this long but all fruit/veg is a big change.
Am surprised how sensitive my system is already to cooked food. It's been about 4 -5 weeks now on green smoothies and less and less cooked food and more and fruit every day. Enjoying reading the posts.

Time for a banana,
Dulset

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will I Get Too Thin?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 29, 2006 09:12PM

There are ways to maintain your weight. The standard medical charts indicate that you don't hit 'underweight' territory until 121....so you've got a bit of a margin. You need to eat what YOU have researched and determine is healthiest.....and strive towards your goals. You just don't know what you will plateau at until you have eaten very healthy and consistently for at least 6-12 months. Before that...you are going through too many changes to adequately assess.

Suggestions:

1) Eat fewer but much larger meals.
2) Increase your fat content in your diet.
3) Lift weights and get good walking exercise (as you suggested)

-Power and success to you.

-David Z. Mason

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 30, 2006 03:45PM

David,
Thanks for the advice, this website is a great resource with lots of dedicated people on it and you are one of them, thanks.

-D

Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: November 30, 2006 04:23PM

Be sure to add a green powder drink to your diet and continue to eat plenty of greens for protein and minerals. Also, be sure to get an adequate amount of fats. Your body will tell you when you have what you need. I need more fat at some times than others. I go by what I crave. Currently I don't want nuts and seeds and only have an avocado every other day or so. That may change tomorrow.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 01, 2006 05:49PM

I have never been afraid of being too thin..lol

Posted by: bodybyblis ()
Date: December 15, 2006 04:44PM

Agree wholeheartedly with David Mason. You can also incorporate raw coconut meat, which is rich in essential fats, just as avocados are. Bananas are great, but too filled with sugar. You don't want your blood sugar bouncing around. Also the exercise and weights will help dramatically - but again try the coconut meat. Its delicious, filled with essential nutrients and fattening!

Blissed be,

Anne Kaspar
BodyByBliss.com
bodybybliss@gmail.com

Posted by: cherimoya ()
Date: December 19, 2006 05:16AM

I think bananas are great for gaining weight as long as you are exercising.

I would say add a few more bananas to your green smoothies the more fruit the better .

Cherimoya

Love Peace and Happiness,

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 19, 2006 06:05AM

The way to gain muscles weight is to exercise. If you gain weight without exercise, you are gaining either water weight or fat weight. To do exercise, you need energy. You will get much more usable energy for your exercise if you eat bananas rather than avocados.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 19, 2006 06:36AM

I think it's important to trust your body. If it is getting enough nutrition why is being thin unhealthy? Of course you want to make sure you get enough...I'm naturally slender but had picked up a belly which I lost in the first month of raw. I eat a diet with lots of fat: avocados, olives, almond butter, etc. I just naturally crave it due to my metabolism. Your body weight may fluctuate a but but if you are eating healthy it will find the balance.

John
Circle of Healers
[circleofhealers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2006 06:36AM by john777.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables