Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

High Fruit - it works for me
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: November 30, 2006 11:30AM

After failing miserably to stick with a high level of raw for more than a week in the past (eating mostly vegetables), I have switched my diet to high fruit, around 75%. I am still eating at least some part of a meal cooked about every other day but I feel that I am transitioning better this time.

I seem to be more intouch with what my body needs and when it needs it. My skin is also quickly clearing up and looking so much better. I really feel that this is the way for me.

I have been eating fruits mono mostly as I feel better doing this, especially in the morning. The other things I have been eating are Leafy greens like mixed young salad leaves and occasionally above ground vegetables (so no legumes) and very few nuts or seeds.

Just wanted to share this.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: High Fruit - it works for me
Posted by: jamied1217 ()
Date: November 30, 2006 11:42AM

Hello!

I feel you on the fruit. I have been eating mostly fruit the past two days and I feel so much better...I haven't cheated once!

Let me ask you something...I love dates and figs...do you know if it is ok to mix them with any fruit, say an apple?

Do you know of any good fruit combinations??

Have you gained weight with all the intake of sugar?

Thanks and good luck!!

Love you,
Jamie smiling smiley

Date: November 30, 2006 11:58AM

I have actually lost about 4 pounds since eating mostly fruit, my co-worker next to me frowns at me for eating like 3 bananas or apples at a time saying that it's too much sugar, I just tell him "Even if eat 10 bananas I probably wouldn't have as much sugar rushing into my pancreas and blood stream as you do after drinking your bottle of coke with lunch"

People don't get it though, it's not natural sugar, it is processed sugar that is bad.

I have been eating sweet fruit mostly mono because combining these fruits hasn't felt as good, but I seem to be ok with combining fruits like Avocado, cucumber and Tomato, mixing this with leaves has been fine too.

The only things I mixed with sweet fruits have been berries or dried fruits (like dates as you mentioned or rasins, I don't like figs though).

I think the key with dry fruits is to drink lots of water when you are eating them because obviously the water is missing and you can easily eat a lot more before you feel full.

I also try to wait at least 90 minutes before eating a different kind of fruit when eating them mono.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 30, 2006 01:14PM

I certainly support you - and have eaten very similar for several years now...and I'm the healthiest guy I know. LOL. I think more folks are going to gravitate towards this style of eating as the years roll on!

-David Z. Mason

Date: November 30, 2006 02:01PM

Thanks David, I am glad that my diet is fairly similar to yours as your diet seems to work well. I am certainly glad to have found this new way. I was getting really stuck here!

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: brome ()
Date: November 30, 2006 04:51PM

Vegetable and sprout juices, esp greens and grass, will help prevent any deficiency problems in the transitioning.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: November 30, 2006 05:33PM

I feel awesome on high fruit and anytime I am worried, I throw a little greens in my smoothie..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables