Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cancer will be No. 1 killer in U.S.
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:01PM

[www.cnn.com]

We shall all eat raw and organic

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cancer will be No. 1 killer in U.S.
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:28PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.cnn.com]
> sco-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
>
> We shall all eat raw and organic

??? I don't get it. We SHALL? Or we SHOULD?

I thought it had already surpassed heart dis-ease as the #1 killer but here's another question--is cancer the killer or is the "treatment" the killer? Has one single solitary person on this planet ever died of untreated cancer or have they died after getting poisoned by chemo and/or radiation?

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 11, 2014 04:45PM

the world is full of idiots. I have a coworker with cancer and he still smokes, eat fried chicken, cheetos, etc. I told him how bad that is but he lives in his own world.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 11, 2014 06:13PM

banana who Wrote:
> RawPracticalist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> [www.cnn.com]
>
> > sco-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
> >
> > We shall all eat raw and organic
>
>
> ??? I don't get it. We SHALL? Or we SHOULD?
>
> I thought it had already surpassed heart dis-ease
> as the #1 killer but here's another question--is
> cancer the killer or is the "treatment" the
> killer? Has one single solitary person on this
> planet ever died of untreated cancer or have they
> died after getting poisoned by chemo and/or
> radiation?

Cancer is only the manifestation of a deeper problem.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 09:10PM

Yesterday my husband told me that the father of a friend was diagnosed with a serious form of brain cancer, a some kind of tumour. In only 6 months, he lost a lot of weight and he keeps losing weight, he is very dizzy and weak. He has never been ill before (though he never went to a doctor also) and he is on a standard diet. He is around 60 years old. The doctors told him that he only has between 2 months and 5 years left to live. They also said that the only solution is chemotherapy/radiation.
I told my husband that his friend's father needs to switch to a raw vegan diet, with lots of fresh fruits, veggies and leafy greens, green juices (wheat grass, barley, etc.), veggie juices (especially carrot juice). I also told him to refuse chemotherapy/radiation.
What would you advise? What more should I tell my husband regarding his friend's father?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:45PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> Yesterday my husband told me that the father of a
> friend was diagnosed with a serious form of brain
> cancer, a some kind of tumour. In only 6 months,
> he lost a lot of weight and he keeps losing
> weight, he is very dizzy and weak. He has never
> been ill before (though he never went to a doctor
> also) and he is on a standard diet. He is around
> 60 years old. The doctors told him that he only
> has between 2 months and 5 years left to live.
> They also said that the only solution is
> chemotherapy/radiation.
> I told my husband that his friend's father needs
> to switch to a raw vegan diet, with lots of fresh
> fruits, veggies and leafy greens, green juices
> (wheat grass, barley, etc.), veggie juices
> (especially carrot juice). I also told him to
> refuse chemotherapy/radiation.
> What would you advise? What more should I tell my
> husband regarding his friend's father?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Curcumin, lots of fresh sprout juices, chlorella, high-quality chaga mushroom powder, and if need be, go to a place where cannabis is legal and get your hands on cannabis oil. There are many testimonials regarding cannabis oil curing brain cancer, THC seems to obliterate cancer cells.

[www.worldhealth.net]

Posted by: Naza ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:30AM

too bad still there are a lot of people doesn't seem to learn and involve in healthy lifestyle diet. life is too short, let's use up wisely and eat clean.

Get Fit from Within
Nazafit Online Fitness and Nutrition - CHEK Holistic Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach, Master personal trainer, IPAC Physique conditioning coach and whole live food nutrition expert

[www.nazafit.com.au]

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 12, 2014 01:17AM

>>>> There are many testimonials regarding cannabis oil curing brain cancer, THC seems to obliterate cancer cells.

do you wish for people to inject thc into their brain as in the study posted?

Dr. Yu warns cancer patients that they should not consider marijuana a potential cure for cancer and urges that people "not start smoking pot right away as a means of curing their own cancer." However, Dr. Paul Graham Fisher, the Beirne Family director of Neuro-Oncology at Stanford University, says that's precisely what many brain cancer patients are doing. "In fact, 40 percent of brain tumor patients in the U.S. are already using alternative treatments, ranging from herbals to vitamins to marijuana," says Dr. Fisher. "But that actually points out a cautionary tale here, which is that many brain cancer patients are already rolling a joint to treat themselves, but we're not really seeing brain tumors suddenly going away as a result, which we clearly would have noticed if it had that effect."

check out this video

(as I have said, many chemicals which are toxic like thc will have this effect on cancer cells, which are weaker than normal cells, that doesn't mean that is the proper course of action)

[www.disclose.tv]

Date: March 12, 2014 01:28AM

Fresh, THC is not toxic, doesn't harm healthy cells, and I never said anything about smoking it. Cannabis oil cures all sorts of cancers and this is well-documented.

"This video shows that THC, the active ingredient in Marijuana (ie Cannabis) has a detrimental effect on Brain cancer cells, while having little effect on normal brain cells."

This is from the description of the video you posted. Even if it were to have a very minor negative effect on normal cells, it's still ridding the person of brain cancer, which will kill them.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

[www.jci.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 01:34AM by jtprindl.

Date: March 12, 2014 01:35AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Fresh, THC is not toxic, doesn't harm healthy
> cells, and I never said anything about smoking it.
> Cannabis oil cures all sorts of cancers and this
> is well-documented.

depends on what you think toxic means.

I merely noted that your study referenced that it was injected into the brain - not sure of the applicability of that in regards to your recommendation

Date: March 12, 2014 01:41AM

"I merely noted that your study referenced that it was injected into the brain - not sure of the applicability of that in regards to your recommendation"

Where did it say it was injected into the brain? What documentation do you have that THC is toxic?

"Using mice designed to carry human brain cancer tumors, the researchers found that the growth of the tumors shrank when the animals received THC. The study also involved two patients with glioblastoma multiforme, a highly aggressive form of brain cancer. Both patients had been enrolled in a clinical trial designed to test THC's potential as a cancer therapy. The researchers used electron microscopes to analyze brain tissue taken before and after a 26- to 30-day THC treatment regimen. They found that THC eliminated the cancer cells while leaving healthy cells intact."

Date: March 12, 2014 01:57AM

well,, I read the study, something that you don't seem inclined to do.

here is a chart from the study.
cancer cells are merely more affected than normal cells,
doesn't mean they are not affected.

[mct.aacrjournals.org]

i can't find the study link, but same study as referenced.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 02:09AM by fresh.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:19AM

fresh Wrote:
> well,, I read the study, something that you don't
> seem inclined to do.
>
>
>
> here is a chart from a study.
> cancer cells are merely more affected than normal
> cells,
> doesn't mean they are not affected.
>
> [mct.aacrjournals.org]
> arge.jpg
>
> i can't find the study link, but same study as
> referenced.

The chart doesn't show which were the healthy cells and which were cancer cells. There are many reports that THC does NOT harm healthy cells, but for this scenario let's say they have a minor negative effect... what is your point? The benefits significantly outweigh any harm, just like the chaga study. If someone could cure their brain cancer while causing insignificant (if any) harm to their healthy cells, why shouldn't they go that route? It's better than dying, no?

Most food has minor detriments when consumed. Dark greens have oxalates, nuts and seeds have phytic acid, fruit has tannins and too much sugar negatively effects cells, but I'm sure you eat all three. When you walk outside your cells are being attacked from environmental pollution. When you're on your computer you're cells are being attacked by EMF's. We can't be protected from every single component in every single food, but we can heavily tilt the odds in our favor by consuming fresh sprout/grass juice, fresh fruit, sprouted nuts and seeds, algae's, exercising, staying hydrated and stress-free, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 02:20AM by jtprindl.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:40AM

People can do what they wish. Most want to treat with exogenous substances.

these are the people who eat cooked mess and get sick.

better to do all things for health normally/naturally.

For example, there are endocannabinoids which perform many functions in the body, including those "cancer killing" functions that people are so vehemently clamoring for.

in other words, our body does these things using internal chemicals (equivalent to THC and other plant chemicals), as do the plants for their own uses.

interesting article.

[norml.org]

>The chart doesn't show which were the healthy cells and which were cancer cells.

the normal cells in the chart C are mcf 10A

this is the link to the study

[mct.aacrjournals.org]

>There are many reports that THC does NOT harm healthy cells, but for this scenario let's say they have a minor negative effect... what is your point? The benefits significantly outweigh any harm, just like the chaga study. If someone could cure their brain cancer while causing insignificant (if any) harm to their healthy cells, why shouldn't they go that route? It's better than dying, no?

every time I make a point, you say something about OTHER STUDIES, ignoring the fact that those studies are just as unclear and misleading.
nevertheless, as shown in the video I posted there is a variance between the effects due to cancer cells being weak and pathetic products of cooked food sludge, so to speak.

it may be of use for those whose bodies are unhealthy and unable to use endocannabinoids, sure, but you will note that NOBODY including you ever mentions attaining health and allowing the body to use it's INHERENT mechanisms that I have noted many times.
(because everyone is lazy and nobody knows how to be healthy,and it's fun to flout one's alleged knowledge on the internet)

>Most food has minor detriments when consumed. Dark greens have oxalates, nuts and seeds have phytic acid, fruit has tannins and too much sugar negatively effects cells, but I'm sure you eat all three.

I have never said that there are no negatives in foods I eat.
I don't eat nuts anymore.
tannins are very low in fruits i eat.
I am not a member of the anti sugar zombie group.

>>> When you walk outside your cells are being attacked from environmental pollution. When you're on your computer you're cells are being attacked by EMF's. We can't be protected from every single component in every single food, but we can heavily tilt the odds in our favor by consuming fresh sprout/grass juice, fresh fruit, sprouted nuts and seeds, algae's, exercising, staying hydrated and stress-free, etc.

fine with me. again, I put more stock in the body, and you and others are always looking for outside agents and chemicals.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 02:45AM by fresh.

Date: March 12, 2014 03:18AM

"in other words, our body does these things using internal chemicals (equivalent to THC and other plant chemicals), as do the plants for their own uses."

Yes, our bodies produce endocannabinoids, and when we get them from cannabis, they greatly enhance the abilities of which they influence.

"it may be of use for those whose bodies are unhealthy and unable to use endocannabinoids, sure, but you will note that NOBODY including you ever mentions attaining health and allowing the body to use it's INHERENT mechanisms that I have noted many times.
(because everyone is lazy and nobody knows how to be healthy,and it's fun to flout one's alleged knowledge on the internet)"

You started this discussion by claiming it wouldn't be a good idea to use THC to cure brain cancer (which is well-documented) and now you are rambling on about something completely different. You're off in your own world again looking for arguments because you're a mentally unstable (and therefore unhealthy) individual. Also, the body having inherent mechanisms does not mean that those inherent mechanisms are always enough to prevent and cure disease AND does not mean external sources do not significantly help.

"fine with me. again, I put more stock in the body, and you and others are always looking for outside agents and chemicals."

Again, this was about curing brain cancer. Or are you suggesting that this individual with brain cancer just does nothing and "lets the body heal itself"? You like to claim the body can always heal itself but then turn around and say things along the lines of "well just don't get sick in the first place". That line of thinking is contradictory because if the body could always heal itself then it wouldn't matter if one was sick or diseased because they could easily recover. People don't always get disease because they made unhealthy choices and the raw food diet is not a cure-all.

In a cesspool of toxicity (the world), it's best to do everything we can in order to stay healthy. There is much more to health than exercising and eating raw fruits and vegetables everyday.

"tannins are very low in fruits i eat."

Just like the effect of chaga on normal cells is very little (if any) and the effect of THC on normal cells (if any) is very little. So what's your point? You're essentially saying we should completely dismiss any benefits of a certain food if it has a miniscule amount of harm, disregarding that the benefits vastly outweigh the detriments.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 03:28AM by jtprindl.

Date: March 12, 2014 03:58AM

Once again you are misrepresenting and equivocating.

its nice to know that I have been diagnosed by someone of your stature.

nice chatting with you as usual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 04:00AM by fresh.

Date: March 12, 2014 04:23AM

fresh Wrote:
> Once again you are misrepresenting and
> equivocating.
>
> its nice to know that I have been diagnosed by
> someone of your stature.
>
> nice chatting with you as usual.

Per usual, looking for arguments and then when proven wrong and points countered, you make bogus accusations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 04:24AM by jtprindl.

Date: March 12, 2014 02:17PM

ah jtprindl, you again?

> Also, the body having inherent mechanisms does not mean that those inherent mechanisms are always enough to prevent and cure disease AND does not mean external sources do not significantly help.

tell me, did I say "always enough"?
no. misrepresentation.

>Again, this was about curing brain cancer. Or are you suggesting that this individual with brain cancer just does nothing and "lets the body heal itself"?

since you are the one who posted the miracle thc cure, and endos, according to your agreement, do the same (even though you have never mentioned them- apparently that's up to me), YES, according to your own logic, it is quite possible to "let the body heal itself".

but that would require
- stopping bad habits
- engaging in good habits
- allowing the body to heal

because the body's processes of anabolism and catabolism, etc are damaged by incorrect living, and correct living restores those processes.

or take your route, which is to recklessly, and unethically PRESCRIBE for individuals who you don't even know

wait, did you call me delusional in this thread yet? no?
what's wrong with you - get on that one!

how about mentally unstable? whew. got that one.
unhealthy? check.

what your ego mind cannot understand is that you are pompous, know-it-all with no humility.

you make bold statements from ignorance, instead of showing some indication that you might actually not know or understand something.

so when I have made an accusation of you being idiotic , you ARE ACTUALLY being idiotic. as in your response about lowered appetite meaning that something is wrong - it's coming from ignorance and lack of understanding and experience. instead what you should show is humility or openness, perhaps posing a question instead of presuming something.

all you seem to have is---- well, ok, you may have a point there, but there are 1000's of studies that....
that's your answer for everything.

never mind the fact that you cannot prescribe FOODS based on studies that are based on INJECTING extractions of foods into the brain and other parts of the body, as with the study you referenced but did not read.

then you claimed that it does not harm normal cells and I showed you that it does.

and when you make your lame accusations about mental instability, you're spitting in the wind.

> You like to claim the body can always heal itself but then turn around and say things along the lines of "well just don't get sick in the first place".

not always. misrepresentation.

yes, better not to get sick.

better to have some interest in the CAUSE instead of a knee-jerk reaction to find a medicine. that's really my only point that you keep missing. and we are allowed to have a different mindset without you needing to defend yourself.

but then again, this post is not for you.
you are not even really reading it.

you're just trying to come up with some refutation for everything I say.

>That line of thinking is contradictory because if the body could always heal itself then it wouldn't matter if one was sick or diseased because they could easily recover. People don't always get disease because they made unhealthy choices and the raw food diet is not a cure-all.

misrepresentation. again.

what I do say, ,if you are capable of paying attention for a second - oh nevermind, this is for other people here who can pay attention - is to focus on cause, correct the causes, and allow the body to heal as best as it can. monitor. and then if not moving positively, look into other modalities.

your view is blind to the side effects and dangers of your MEDICINES.

>Just like the effect of chaga on normal cells is very little (if any) and the effect of THC on normal cells (if any) is very little. So what's your point? You're essentially saying we should completely dismiss any benefits of a certain food if it has a miniscule amount of harm, disregarding that the benefits vastly outweigh the detriments.

once again. this is based mainly on studies that use extractions, not whole foods. as well as the fact that there are myriad items that can have an effect on cells, not just chaga and chia and goji, ad nauseum.

now get back to your pharmacist exam....

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:02PM

Thank you jtprindl and fresh for taking the time to give me your advice. I will make sure I pass the information to this person. You have been of great help. Please don't fight...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Date: March 12, 2014 03:35PM

"since you are the one who posted the miracle thc cure, and endos, according to your agreement, do the same (even though you have never mentioned them- apparently that's up to me), YES, according to your own logic, it is quite possible to "let the body heal itself".

but that would require
- stopping bad habits
- engaging in good habits
- allowing the body to heal"

If you wanted me to call you delusional, you should've just posted this earlier. You have this ridiculous mindset where you believe an all raw-food diet can cure everything. The reality is you know next to nothing about disease or curing/preventing disease except that eating healthy and exercising are good for you, which everyone already knows. Telling people they shouldn't have gotten sick in the first place after they've already been diagnosed with a disease is disgusting and YOU are the one showing no humility. Using certain foods to target certain diseases does NOT mean I believe they can still engage in unhealthy habits, it's simply drastically speeding up the healing process.

"or take your route, which is to recklessly, and unethically PRESCRIBE for individuals who you don't even know"

Nothing is reckless or unethical, these are well-established foods that are known to destroy cancer. You're just uneducated (no offense). Also, I'm not prescribing anything, I'm suggesting a few things.

"all you seem to have is---- well, ok, you may have a point there, but there are 1000's of studies that....
that's your answer for everything."

That's because my answers are based on real evidence and I don't even bother to post many of them when discussing with you anymore because as I have stated before, you are off in your own world and will deny any evidence upfront because your ego cant handle being proven wrong and you believe you know everything... which I hate to tell you is FAR from the case.

"yes, better not to get sick."

Whoa you're a genius.

"never mind the fact that you cannot prescribe FOODS based on studies that are based on INJECTING extractions of foods into the brain and other parts of the body, as with the study you referenced but did not read."

Except the fact that to go along with all the studies proving THC cures cancer, you can also find a lot of testimonials from people who had cancer who do not have it anymore after using cannabis oil.

"is to focus on cause, correct the causes, and allow the body to heal as best as it can. monitor. and then if not moving positively, look into other modalities."

I agree. Or you can also use certain foods that target specific diseases at the beginning ALONG with removing the cause and adding healthy habits to significantly speed up the recovery process.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 03:37PM by jtprindl.

Date: March 12, 2014 03:40PM

Ela2013 Wrote:
> Thank you jtprindl and fresh for taking the time
> to give me your advice. I will make sure I pass
> the information to this person. You have been of
> great help. Please don't fight...
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're welcome! Best wishes to your husband's friend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables