Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "When l am at home.... l don't put inferior vegetables into my green drinks" + "vegetables are dramatically inferior compared to a sprout" - Brian Clement.
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 14, 2014 03:14PM

Thanks great info. will try it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "When l am at home.... l don't put inferior vegetables into my green drinks" + "vegetables are dramatically inferior compared to a sprout" - Brian Clement.
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 14, 2014 03:58PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks great info. will try it

You're welcome!

Date: March 15, 2014 07:48PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> For chia sprouts seeds you pretty much have to
> grind them, it's either grinding them or blending
> with lots of water.

Or you can blend them with minimal water and make a thick paste and eat it. I find the paste quite pleasant. But when you start off it is probably better to make a think blended solution like a milk because the thick texture might put some people off.

Date: March 15, 2014 08:01PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> THeSt0rm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > For chia sprouts seeds you pretty much have to
> > grind them, it's either grinding them or
> blending
> > with lots of water.
>
> Or you can blend them with minimal water and make
> a thick paste and eat it. I find the paste quite
> pleasant. But when you start off it is probably
> better to make a think blended solution like a
> milk because the thick texture might put some
> people off.

I did that once. Boy did that clog up the pipes. Never again.

Date: March 16, 2014 10:06PM

And now l am discovering that high omega 3 plants can be very high in disease fighting phytohormones called Jasmonic Acid (JA). The medical literature shows JA to be effective in inducing "death in lymphoblastic leukemia cells".

And guess what? Sprouts are the highest in these plant hormones.

"JA levels were highest in young leaves"

"Jasmonic Acid (JA) are synthesized in plants from linolenic acid, which accumulates in large amounts in both flax and rapeseed during embryogenesis".

Embryogenesis = Embryogenesis may be divided up into two phases, the first involves morphogenetic events which form the basic cellular pattern for the development of the shoot-root body and the primary tissue layers; it also programs the regions of meristematic tissue formation. The second phase, or postembryonic development, involves the maturation of cells, which involves cell growth and the storage of macromolecules (such as oils, starches and proteins) required as a 'food and energy supply' during germination and seedling growth[/i].

Embryonic tissue is made up of actively growing cells and the term is normally used to describe the early formation of tissue in the first stages of growth.

You think the seed is superior over the sprout? No way. The sprout has the enzymes, phytochemicals, phytohormones all at very high levels and is "biologically [most] active". The proteins, fats and starches are also more broken down into Simplier components.

Are sprouts 10 - 30 times as nutritious as other foods? Could be. Why? The enzymes, plant hormones and phyto chemicals...all of which are now shown to be used effectively in the human body.

Still got lots of work to do, but it is looking really good for the sprouts and it does seem that vegetables and nuts/seeds are greatly inferior for many reasons. It's not just about vitamins and minerals anymore, times have moved on with new knowledge in nutrition and healing. I really think Dr Brian is right on the money with many things. I am excited by the research.

I can supply references of course, but l want to do more work into all of this before l supply the big gun information that will knock socks off.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 16, 2014 11:17PM

Regarding ja,

Why not just ingest bug spray? Thats what it is.

its actually a reason not to ingest it.

but hey, if yall think that foods should be evaluated based on their ability to disrupt processes and cells, then go for it!

totally ignores the marvelous processes of our body.

I know, we're so weak! We need help! Call a guru, get some plant meds

Date: March 17, 2014 12:30AM

> "JA levels were highest in young leaves">
> "Jasmonic Acid (JA) are synthesized in plants
> from linolenic acid, which accumulates in large
> amounts in both flax and rapeseed during
> embryogenesis".

Aren't you confusing linoleic acid, Omega-6, with alpha-linoleic acid?

I'm not buying that sprouted flax seed is high in Jasmonic Acid. More proof than this wild agenda driven half baked stuff is needed for that.

Date: March 17, 2014 12:52AM

SueZ Wrote:

>
>
> Aren't you confusing linoleic acid, Omega-6,
> with alpha-linoleic acid?

Oh yes.

>
> I'm not buying that sprouted flax seed is high
> in Jasmonic Acid. More proof than this wild agenda
> driven half baked stuff is needed for that.

Discussions about these things will take place in due course. Yes, some more concrete things are needed. Good things will come in time, only taking baby steps with the plant hormones at the moment. Things should heat up and get exciting in coming months. smiling smiley

Lots of exciting things happening at the moment, and we can tap into that excitement if we choose to. I have chosen to tap into the excitement, and l hope other people do too. winking smiley

Date: March 17, 2014 01:00AM

> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > Aren't you confusing linoleic acid, Omega-6,
> > with alpha-linoleic acid?
>
> Oh yes.

Then you aren't talking about sprouted flax, right? Let's just get this part cleared up here and now. I can wait for the rest.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: March 19, 2014 05:41AM

sprouted flax is supreme.

But flax only contains the shorter chain omega-3 called ALA (alpha-linolenic acid).

What seeds do contain DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (ecosapentaenoic acid.)?

Date: March 19, 2014 12:22PM

SueZ Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > >
> > > Aren't you confusing linoleic acid,
> Omega-6,
> > > with alpha-linoleic acid?
> >
> > Oh yes.
>
>
> Then you aren't talking about sprouted flax,
> right? Let's just get this part cleared up here
> and now. I can wait for the rest.

Well?

Date: March 19, 2014 12:27PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> the body supposedly has to make it on it's own if
> you provide it with enough omega 3, in a ratio of
> 1:1-1:2 daily intake of omega 3 to 6.

This and, according to Gabriel Cousens M.D., the conversion is assisted by taking your flax seed with coconut oil - which is what I do every day. I am happy with the very discernible results of doing this.

Date: March 23, 2014 03:23AM

SueZ Wrote:
> THeSt0rm Wrote:
> -----
> > the body supposedly has to make it on it's own
> if
> > you provide it with enough omega 3, in a ratio
> of
> > 1:1-1:2 daily intake of omega 3 to 6.
>
>
> This and, according to Gabriel Cousens M.D., the
> conversion is assisted by taking your flax seed
> with coconut oil - which is what I do every day. I
> am happy with the very discernible results of
> doing this.

Will give a try. what about real mature coconut

Date: March 23, 2014 04:33AM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > THeSt0rm Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > the body supposedly has to make it on it's
> own
> > if
> > > you provide it with enough omega 3, in a
> ratio
> > of
> > > 1:1-1:2 daily intake of omega 3 to 6.
> >
> >
> > This and, according to Gabriel Cousens M.D.,
> the
> > conversion is assisted by taking your flax seed
> > with coconut oil - which is what I do every day.
> I
> > am happy with the very discernible results of
> > doing this.
>
>
> Will give a try. what about real mature coconut

Probably even better if you can get the good mature brown ones. I have trouble finding those where I am these days.

If you have a single auger juicer you can make lots of your own coconut products - good undefatted coconut flakes you can use fresh or dehydrate/freeze for later use, coconut oil, and coconut flour, etc..

Here's a great how to video John Kohler made on the subject...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 23, 2014 07:39PM

Great, thank for sharing.

Date: March 23, 2014 08:38PM

CommonSenseRaw Wrote:
> Great, thank for sharing.

You're welcome!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables