Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mike Kraut Making DVD
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2006 03:20AM

Hi Mike

Now I wish we would have tried harder to make that kruat making dvd before I left town. That new organic farm in Wilsonville has a big natural foods store and, kitchen, and they will let us do the filming there. Well, as soon as the snow thaws we need to get that done. I can't describe it as good as a film would.

To others.

There's more to making kraut than the ingredients. It's the way you do it. With that said I will list the ingrediants of my red cabbage kruat.

Much more heavy for thier size red cabbages than what you'd think will fit in the jar.
2 tbls of celtic sea salt.
2 tbls of whole mustard seed.
1 measure of primal defense powder.

If cabbages are good and the made the right way no distilled water is needed. It becomes flooded with brine.

elnatural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mike Kraut Making DVD
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: December 10, 2006 11:04PM

Sounds cool but you don't need GOL products to make kraut. In fact, you can avoid them all together. The guy that runs the company is totally against a raw foods diet. That said, why should we support him?

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: December 11, 2006 06:31PM

Yah, he uses all kind of bad karma food. Never thought using Primal Defence powder in krauts.. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: December 11, 2006 10:08PM

GOL products? Who are you talking about?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 12, 2006 01:01AM

Hi El-Natural,

I still want to make the Kraut Food Demo DVD with you. Let's plan on it next time you visit. I should have a camera soon, this one looks like it will serve us well:
[www.puredigitalinc.com]

Hi Greenie!

GOL is 'Garden of Life' , the company that makes Primal Defense.

I think Primal Defense is a high quality probiotic.

The owner of GOL writes articles about the 'dangers' of the vegetarian and vegan diets and says that God wants us to eat meat. One of his books- The Makers Diet- takes passages from the Bible to give examples of God telling His people to eat meat.

The book is not all bad and does have some good info in it, such as the essential oil chapter, herbs, and fasting.

I think it is Paul Nison's book that gives an insight into this. In the Bible, before the Great Flood, God wanted everyone to eat vegetarian.

After the Great Flood, there was not enough food available for people so God gave His people Laws on how to choose clean meat.

For example, in the Bible God said Never eat unclean animals such as pork, shellfish, fish without scales, etc..., These foods are forbidden.

Anyways, I use Primal Defense to make Sauerkraut and Kim Chi and it works great. I am now using the E3 Live Probiotics and I love them. I make kraut and seed cheese with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2007 04:53AM by Bryan.

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: December 12, 2006 03:16AM

Hi, Mike,

Thanks for the clarification.

I confess to some bewilderment at those who try to take the Bible literally. Among other observations: They are so selective in what they apply! I don't see them stoning and smiting, for instance. (good thing, too!)

I have my first batch of kraut marinating now, with the E3 I got from you, and that great kit. Started it on Saturday. It's starting to smell goooood. Can't wait to taste it.

S

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables