Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Ayurveda balancing !!
Posted by: MissSunshine ()
Date: December 01, 2006 05:47AM

Hey,

Does anyone eat according to their dosha type? I've read some things about it, by cousens and the traditional books, and I like it. Reading the summary about a vata was like reading an un-told story of my life. I have been raw for over a year (100%) and don't feel like I am as balanced as I would like to be. I know there are many who would probably say it's the FAT it's the SUGAR it's the GARLIC on and on and on... maybe it is i don't know

all i know is my intention is to be RADIANTLY HEALTHY and in balance

that said, i'm curious about getting my doshas in balance
does anyone do this, and find ways to be successful on raw?

I am a vata - pitta which seems to be a very common type in the raw community.. I do find that I do best with warm, soupy, blended, oily foods. (Not like, copious oil, just in generally richer fattier meals)

anyone have any great TIPS? or specific raw foods that work well for your dosha?

THANKS ! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Ayurveda balancing !!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2006 10:49AM

Do wild animals do Ayurveda balancing, they do well on a diet of fresh greens and fruits

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 01, 2006 10:11PM

DJAtchi, I think wild animals might well do Ayurveda balancing. I say that because I don't, yet when visiting my mother last year she go out her Ayurveda/dosha book and we figured out my type and which foods I should/shouldn't be balancing with. My diet was pretty close to what was in the book for my dosha type (Which I forget what I was), so maybe wild animals naturally practice it. ;-)

On a side note I don't really put much value in it, freeing myself of chemical and junk that is confusing to my body/system and just following/eating the way I feel good is far better than somebody else way/books/advice/FUD.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: MissSunshine ()
Date: December 02, 2006 06:47AM

I think wild animals eat far more balanced diets than humans do... especially when our intuition switch isn't on cuz of all the cooked foods swayin' us

I think there is value in it
I'm not sure how much...

thus the initial question

so, anyone have any experiences ? smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 02, 2006 12:32PM

My point is that when you are eating a well balanced raw and living diet as wild animals do and if you are exercising adequately, you will be self balanced and may not need any ayurveda balancing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables