Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Veganism as a choice
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:28PM

So a couple of the other threads got into personalities, I wanted to get back to Prana and John's original purpose here which is us to share our journey as vegans, raw and otherwise.

I had a post on the other thread. To paraphrase, I think not looking backward but just looking at options available to you now, that veganism is entirely sustainable and solid and healthy period.

As long as you prepare carefully which anyone, omni or otherwise, has to do, you will be fine.

Veganism in many way is notable for what it doesn't have good or bad than what it does. And that's a shame. A gosh darn shame.

Veganism is and has been a powerful statement of person and being and connection. I have been soft and noncommital working through the weaknesses that exist in all diet forms.

A whole food plant based diet is protective. There are different forms. But some are less ecologiclly and ethically sensitive.

History isn't promise. If you go to Sardinia or Okinawa and eat and live a bad life you will die just as quickly. And living compassionately, if you pass early at least you have made your best move. Noone can predict a particular outcome. Make your best move. I'm making mine as we speak.

In the end we have less sentient animal forms and grass fed entities that feel as much pain as the grain fed, making your best move depending in part I think on knowing how to be as compassionate as you can. Best

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2014 11:32PM by pborst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Veganism as a choice
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:38PM

well said, paul.

Posted by: CommonSenseRaw ()
Date: March 21, 2014 11:48PM

I think it is a lofty goal to be vegan.

Those who are not may have their valid reasons
but the problem is that they keep arguing against something they have not tried.

For them if you are vegan and you are healthy, you must not be telling the truth because veganism is missing key nutrients.

If you are vegan and you are have some health issues, they will say "I told you so"

So there is no way to have a valid discussion with them.

And yet they are not healthy either in pursing non vegan life style

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: March 23, 2014 07:10PM

Great post, Paul. It was about time to go back to why and what we are really here for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables