Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what to do with old brown coconuts
Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: December 02, 2006 02:25AM

HI

i bought 4 old brown coconuts at .79 cents each - now what do I do with them? I'd like to make a soup/dressing or dip with them?

I'm going to a raw food pot luck soon...

any bang on ideas?

THANX

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what to do with old brown coconuts
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 02, 2006 04:38AM

You know, I had the best maccaroons ever for lunch today!

They contained coconut (hard flesh shredded, almond pulp (this made a fantstic texture), agave, date(can't remember if really had date in it or not), vanilla, and maybe a little salt. They been dehydrated, but they where still chewy rather than crunchy.

You could make a Thai coconut soup with the milk if you like. Add some lemon, basil, shallow/or green onion, a spicy pepper (or small part of one if you don't like spicy), half an avocado, maybe some curry powder and/or tumeric, a bit of ginger and garlic (in raw a small amount garlic goes a loooong way) if you like , blend it up, then add some chopped up basil, carrot, the rest of the avocado cubed, some chopped/onion, mushrooms maybe. And there you have Thai-ish coconut soup.

I bought a young coconut today, I'm trying to decide if I should eat it or make something out of it. I think I'll just eat it. ;-)

Cheers,
Ian.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables