Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

private bank fraud messages from nigeria
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 03, 2006 06:46PM

Hello everyone

Since being on this board again for only a short while I have recieved 2 private emails through this site that were the typical bank fruad emails from Nigeria.

Site controller tighten security please!

everyone else beware!

elantural

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: private bank fraud messages from nigeria
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: December 03, 2006 06:52PM

Have some fun:
[www.419eater.com]

Posted by: FirstGarden ()
Date: December 03, 2006 11:53PM

They write as one who speaks with a crisp British accent, but they are not from the UK. They are bigtime crooks from Nigeria using various scams and means (such as The Recycler & other websites) to appeal to people's greed. Threaten to turn them in to the authorities. Let them know that you are on to their scam and they will stop.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 04, 2006 10:48AM

they are so stupid, I hate them, some complicated made up story with drama. What do they do, ask you to send thousands of dollars so you can get a cut of millions trapped in a bank somewhere overseas that only you can access?

Posted by: FirstGarden ()
Date: December 05, 2006 06:11PM

They come up with big stories designed to appeal to greed. That greed is intended to blind the scam victim, which is what of course happens. Then they are sucked in. The biggest one is as you described. In essense, they say that they need to get a huge sum of money out of the country, say 10 miilion or so. Then they say they need a safe haven for the funds, and for your cut of, say, one million, they utilise your bank account. It all begins to sound so easy. After letting you get flushed with the warm feeling of money, they tell you that a complication has come up, and that they need you to front "X" amount of money, i.e. $1000. This goes on, over and over, until they've bilked you out of a few thousand... or whatever they can get out of you.

When I sold items in the Recycler, I'd get their inquiries all the time about my "advert." They would offer to deal with you, sometimes even offering MORE than your asking price. But I'd always smell the rat. And everytime I placed an AD, the same person would give me a similar form-letter type of email, almost word for word the same, but with a different name. And it was always for the most expensive items I was selling. The Nigerian authorities have cracked down and hauled some crooks in, but they're probably spitting into a titalwave.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: December 06, 2006 01:14AM

I forwarded one once to the FBI but they said there was really nothing they could do and told me not to reply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables