Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kelp powder - Improving smell
Posted by: amazi ()
Date: April 13, 2014 01:31AM

I have mixed kelp powder with other green powders. The smell is not appealing so I was hoping I'd get some suggestions on what dried herb powders or seasonings I can add to this. I notice some green powders have dill in it. I'm not sure if this is added to enhance the smell or what. The fishy smell isn't working for me.

So far I've mixed it with Chlorella, Spirulina, Garden of Eden Perfect Foods & a Salad Booster Green Mix. It just needs something else. Dill, Peppermint ?

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kelp powder - Improving smell
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 13, 2014 02:11AM

Most powdered kelp that I've seen is Ascophyllum Nodosum which is just retched tasting and smelling and is mostly used more for fertilizer than for human consumption, (except by "Health Food" corporations). I call it floor sweepings quality, quite frankly.

Since it's just going to make anything you mix with it taste worse, and you probably don't want to donate it to your plants, probably your best bet is to put it in capsules like the corporations do so you won't have to taste it. When it's gone invest in the whole good stuff.

Re: Kelp powder - Improving smell
Posted by: amazi ()
Date: April 13, 2014 02:28AM

I've already mixed it into a blend that's easier on the palate. I may have put more kelp than what most green food blends put. I may try to mimic the ingredients in the salad booster green blend that I like:
Sprouted pumpkin, Sprouted sunflower, sesame, white chia, spirulina, Himalayan salt, Chlorella, dulse, kelp, dill, cayenne, lemon peel.

Dill & Lemon peel stand out as flavor enhancers but the seeds could too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables