Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long does it take you to eat raw food?
Posted by: danielyang ()
Date: April 16, 2014 06:10AM

So I've been trying to transition onto the raw food diet lately, and I've found it takes me so long just to eat raw food. I mean for breakfast it takes me between two to three hours just to drink 64 oz of green smoothie, and don't get me started on big salads. Is this normal for most people? That you have to eat this long. I'm guessing it is. But how does that translate to periodically eating? Like eating a certain time and then eating another four hours from that.

I was just wondering. How long does it take you to eat a certain raw meal? Name the meal and how long it takes you to eat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long does it take you to eat raw food?
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 10:15AM

Well, when I'm having a breakfast smoothie, it takes me like 2 hrs to drink a 2 l smoothie. When I finish it, I make another one (if I'm staying at home and I have the time). If I have a fruit meal, I just eat 9-10 oranges in maximum 30 min and I'm good to go. When I have a large salad (usually in the evening), I just relax and enjoy it, it takes me like 1 hr to easily chomp it.
I don't think that a raw vegan eats the whole day. Eating fruits is real fast-food and the easiest way to grab a meal. If I'm not at home, I just take some bananas with me and I eat them on the road, or I buy some on the road if I get hungry.

Regarding the pause between meals, I don't have a rule. I'm usually grazing throughout the day, I grab something to eat whenever I'm hungry, so I don't have the traditional 3 meals/day. But I do have like 2 hrs between my meals. I also don't like eating too much in one sitting as I don't like the feeling of a full belly. So I have more small meals throughout the day instead of 3 large meals. So one meal doesn't take me a very long time to finish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 16, 2014 01:20PM

I drink about 16 oz smoothies per hour to 75 min. The drinking takes 5 min tops. The large salad at night i usually have takes 30 min to eat.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 16, 2014 02:35PM

danielyang Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So I've been trying to transition onto the raw
> food diet lately, and I've found it takes me so
> long just to eat raw food. I mean for breakfast it
> takes me between two to three hours just to drink
> 64 oz of green smoothie, and don't get me started
> on big salads. Is this normal for most people?
> That you have to eat this long. I'm guessing it
> is. But how does that translate to periodically
> eating? Like eating a certain time and then eating
> another four hours from that.
>
> I was just wondering. How long does it take you to
> eat a certain raw meal? Name the meal and how long
> it takes you to eat.

Even though I throw all my salad ingredients into my VitaMix to make soups it still takes me an hour to eat it. All in all when I account for the prep, a eating, and clean up time I spend about the same amount of time each day with raw meals as I used to with cooked vegetarian ones.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 19, 2014 04:59PM

daniel yang

<< I mean for breakfast it takes me between two to three hours just to drink 64 oz of green smoothie, and don't get me started on big salads>>

wow i did a little calculation

that is 1095 hours spent in the morning ( per year) just by spending 3 hours drinking a smoothie

which amounts to 45 (full 24 hour days)

whew!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 19, 2014 06:17PM

I spend some time preping. But at the time to eat, I go for it. Insulin wise, it is better to eat a few times a day than to eat through the day. The lesser the times you eat the better. Three times is better than six times (specially if carbs are eaten). It is also good to have a long time without eating (early dinner to breakfast)

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 22, 2014 03:41AM

4 hours, 21 minutes and 3 seconds. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables