Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rejuvelac from dried sprouted quinoa?
Posted by: csmgrl ()
Date: May 12, 2014 02:24AM

Hi all,

I saw a bunch of protocols for making rejuvelac from quinoa, but I wanted to ask – if I have sprouted quinoa that is dried – how long should I soak it for? Should I replace the water or not? What's the right instructions?

Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rejuvelac from dried sprouted quinoa?
Date: May 12, 2014 05:19AM

If it has been sprouted and dried by yourself l would soak 1/3 - 1/5 of a glass jug of quinoa in water. Let it sit at room temperiture 15 - 32 degree C for two days (if it is hotter you soak for less time).

After 2 days your pour off the water then fill up the jug again for only 1 day this time.

After 24 hours you pour off the water then fill up the jug for a final time.

Rejuvalic is a very very powerful healer for the body. We think that raw foods is enough to bring the body up to a higher level, but that doesn't seem to be the case....many high raw people still have digestive problems years after going raw. When you start the rejuvalic it will take digestion to a whole new level. This tells me that in our current environment, and having eaten so much cooked food for much of our lives, our bodies are not in the best state they were intended to be in regardless of whether we eat raw food diets. We need to bring the body to it's full potential or original state imo, and we do this by building up the bacteria levels to aid digestion and to enable it to break down anti-nutrients, and by supplying valuable enzymes to help restore pancreatic functioning to higher levels.

Using prebiotics via undigstable fermenting dissacharide sugars in various raw foods isn't enough from my observations on people, we need to use probiotics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2014 05:24AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: May 12, 2014 06:02AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and by supplying
> valuable enzymes to help restore pancreatic
> functioning to higher levels.

Actually, one thing l will correct is this statement. It looks like this could well be the case, but there is no hard science to prove that yet.

I will re-phrase it to say by supplying valuable food enzymes to help aid the pancrease in nutrient digestion.

You say it all pheudo science? I say no! There is a big story to tell behind these very important words in the last two posts, but here is just a part of it which shows this is no nonsense talk.

Nutrition in chronic pancreatitis

Rasmussen HH, Irtun O

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Pancreatic enzyme supplementation

Wier HA, Kuhn RJ

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

So what are Creon, Zenpep, and Pancreaze? They are food enzymes supplement for lipase (fat digesters).

See the link between it all...see what l am getting at? This food enzyme talk is not as far fetched as we once thought, the old science is increasingly being proven wrong. Food enzymes have value. It is really hard to make a strong argument for food enzymes, but we are slowly getting there....lots and lots of literature which shows the value of enzymes. This is just some stuff, but there is lots of other medical stuff which makes one not so hasty in writing food enzyme therapy off.

°

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: May 12, 2014 09:03AM

Thanks for this information. I can't wait to make my own!

> If it has been sprouted and dried by yourself l
> would soak 1/3 - 1/5 of a glass jug of quinoa in
> water. Let it sit at room temperiture 15 - 32
> degree C for two days (if it is hotter you soak
> for less time).
>
> After 2 days your pour off the water then fill up
> the jug again for only 1 day this time.
>
> After 24 hours you pour off the water then fill up
> the jug for a final time.
>
> Rejuvalic is a very very powerful healer for the
> body. We think that raw foods is enough to bring
> the body up to a higher level, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case....many high raw people still
> have digestive problems years after going raw.
> When you start the rejuvalic it will take
> digestion to a whole new level. This tells me that
> in our current environment, and having eaten so
> much cooked food for much of our lives, our bodies
> are not in the best state they were intended to be
> in regardless of whether we eat raw food diets. We
> need to bring the body to it's full potential or
> original state imo, and we do this by building up
> the bacteria levels to aid digestion and to enable
> it to break down anti-nutrients, and by supplying
>
> Using prebiotics via undigstable fermenting
> dissacharide sugars in various raw foods isn't
> enough from my observations on people, we need to
> use probiotics.

david

Date: May 12, 2014 10:01AM

No problem David, however l made some little slips, such as when l said this "We think that raw foods is enough to bring the body up to a higher level, but that doesn't seem to be the case".

Of course raw food diets can bring the body to a higher level if the diet is done well, and other factors come into play too, but I didn't take the time to write the posts properly because l was very busy at the time and hence made some small errors. None-the-less, some very important points regarding enzymes and rejuvalic was made.

David - l will get back to you tomorrow about the meditation stuff. Had a lot on my plate today.

Posted by: dvdai ()
Date: May 12, 2014 11:53AM

Can any sprout be used for rejuvelac?

david

Date: May 12, 2014 10:54PM

dvdai Wrote:
> Can any sprout be used for rejuvelac?

No. There are various proteins and phytochemicals in sprouts which reduce the effectiveness of the fermentation process.

Example 1: the chitinase protein in mung beans plays the role as an anti fungal agent, so if you try to ferment mung beans you are going to have very limited results.

Example 2: the high tannin levels in foods like Millet will greatly reduce the effectiveness of the ferment.

But interestingly enough, there are things we can do to overcome these anti fermentation effects. For eg, What we can do is soak high tannin sprouted millet in a typical high gluten grain rejuvalic such as wheat, oats, barley or rye. This ready made culture overpowers the tannins and will effectively ferment the millet and break down most of the tannins. I use fermented millet all the time by using a premade rye rejuvalic culture, but never ferment millet on it's own.

And l also had some people do an interesting experiment on mung beans. People were having problems digesting mung beans due to indigestable proteins and an undiscovered X factor (note: it is not the indigestable oligosaccahride sugars that causes flatulance like commonly reported in all books and on websites, it is an X factor). But the biggest problem we had was trying to remove/reduce the chitinase protein in mung in order to make them more digestable so people could eat them raw. So what we did was an experiment via soaking the sprouted mung in rye rejuvalic, and low and behold, people were able to digest the mung beans better. To me, this was the rye based rejuvalic overpowering/lowering the chitinase protein and allowing it to be fermented and the breaking down of the X factor (probably a rogue protein). And interestingly enough, we can also break down the nasty indigestable lectin protein via gluten grain rejuvalic.

Note: removing lectins is essential, but we can't go having ferments everyday, so we can also do other methods to remove indigestable sugars and proteins. We can also remove lectins via chelating them with sulfated polysaccharide sugars and carrying them out of the body, and we can greatly break down oligosaccahride sugars by up to 85% in various legumes by sprouting.

-----------------

I know l ramble on about this, but these things are important to know.

Summery
Best to use the following for ferments:
* rye (very low - zero tannin levels, and hance makes a very effective ferments highest in phytase in the plant world with levels doiuble that of barley and wheat). Rye is a superstar.
* wheat
* barley
* oats

They should be the main starters. BUT, if you are gluten intolerant you may want to do the occasional sprouted soy ferment, quinoa and other non gluten foods low in tannins. It's still a guessing game because tannin levels can vary in plants according to environmental conditions.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: csmgrl ()
Date: May 13, 2014 07:45PM

Thanks for the answers! I'm trying to make this rejuvelac from store-bought sprouted quinoa, should I still use the same protocol suggested in the first reply?

Thanks!

Date: May 13, 2014 11:11PM

Give it a quick rinse and soak 1/3 - 1/2 in a jug of water (l previously said 1/3 - 1/5, but that was a typo)

Date: May 17, 2014 02:00AM

And fermented seeds have been shown to increase B vitamin content by up to 50%, so l would think rejuvalic would be quite rich in B vitamins, and it is certainly loaded with a host of other goodies, especially those wonderful bacterias and organic acids.

You will also absorb iron and zinc many times better from fermented foods (vegans often struggle with these minerals, so copper levels can become high as a result) because there seems to be a things where the inorganic zinc and iron is converted to organic minerals via enzyme processes, and this makes the minerals of zinc/iron more absorbable because it is in a different form. Yes, plants do contain some inorganic minerals....much of the plant iron and zinc seems to be inorganic.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2014 02:06AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 17, 2014 02:26AM

"much of the plant iron and zinc seems to be inorganic."

I think this highlights the importance of algae's in the raw food diet... 15-20 grams of chlorella per day should nearly cover those requirements alone.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: May 17, 2014 10:31PM

> If it has been sprouted and dried by yourself l
> would soak 1/3 - 1/5 of a glass jug of quinoa in
> water. Let it sit at room temperiture 15 - 32
> degree C for two days (if it is hotter you soak
> for less time).
>
> After 2 days your pour off the water then fill up
> the jug again for only 1 day this time.
>
> After 24 hours you pour off the water then fill up
> the jug for a final time.
>
> Rejuvalic is a very very powerful healer for the
> body. We think that raw foods is enough to bring
> the body up to a higher level, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case....many high raw people still
> have digestive problems years after going raw.
> When you start the rejuvalic it will take
> digestion to a whole new level. This tells me that
> in our current environment, and having eaten so
> much cooked food for much of our lives, our bodies
> are not in the best state they were intended to be
> in regardless of whether we eat raw food diets. We
> need to bring the body to it's full potential or
> original state imo, and we do this by building up
> the bacteria levels to aid digestion and to enable
> it to break down anti-nutrients, and by supplying
>
> Using prebiotics via undigstable fermenting
> dissacharide sugars in various raw foods isn't
> enough from my observations on people, we need to
> use probiotics.

Would kelp powder work in this instance as well? Can you use kelp powder for watering and if so, how much? I'd assume you'd only need to use kelp powder water once or twice per tray, though. After filling up the jar for the final time, how long do you let it soak until drinking?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables