Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
becoming raw vegan but mum wont let me
Posted by: molly215 ()
Date: June 05, 2014 02:59PM

I'm 15 and really interested in becoming a raw vegan, it sees so much healthier, but I'm wondering how could I persuade my mum to let me do it because she doesn't think it would be healthy for me to become raw vegan while I'm still growing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: becoming raw vegan but mum wont let me
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 05, 2014 03:29PM

An important life lesson is that you can't control other people and what they do/think. You can only control yourself. smiling smiley So just as much raw as you can and smile. smiling smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 05, 2014 04:32PM

Tell her respectively that she doesn't really know what she's talking about on the subject and that you can be completely healthy raised on a WELL-PLANNED raw vegan diet. This would consist of sprouts, algae's (chlorella, AFA, marine phytoplankton), fresh fruits and vegetables, and sprouted nuts/seeds. You don't have to go 100% raw right away, you can do high-raw and eat lightly steamed veggies. You have to beware of the potential raw vegan deficiencies, which are:

Iron & zinc - Can be greatly covered by 10-15 grams of chlorella
DHA - Eat foods loaded with omega-3's so your body can convert ALA into EPA/DHA, these foods include sprouted walnuts, chia/hemp/flax seeds. Marine phytoplankton also contains DHA.
B12 - Soil based supplement, chlorella, nori (sea vegetable)
Iodine - Sea vegetables

This is a very brief summary but I hope it gives you a better understanding.

Date: June 05, 2014 10:08PM

"Then again you will never convince me that a strict vegan diet is healthy"

No one needs to convince you of anything, there are countless examples of living proof. You're just uninformed and have a bias because you failed on a vegan diet and therefore because of your ego think others cannot do it.

"The raw vegan diets typically are very prone to a number of serious nutritional deficiencies, for that reason alone you will probably find it hard convincing a parent to buy you all the supplements like vitamin b12, zinc, essential fatty acids which can be low"

It is true that most vegan diets are POORLY PLANNED, yes, but that is entirely different from not being able to thrive on a vegan diet. Also, key word... 'CAN' be low.

"Your mum has good reason to be worried in my opinion regarding a strict raw vegan diet, the problem is that even if you were to go to the bother of trying to show your mum scientifically that the raw vegan diet was healthy and nutritionally complete, you wouldn't be able too because it either doesn't provide several nutrients or others it does in very low and unhealthy amounts."

100% false.

Every single nutrient sans D3 which you get from the sun can be obtained on a 100% plant-based diet.

-Chlorella contains high amounts of zinc and iron.
-Sea vegetables are rich in iodine.
-Chlorella, nori, and AFA all increase vitamin B12 levels.
-Marine phytoplankton contains EPA/DHA, walnuts/hemp, chia, flax seeds provide lots of ALA which is converted into EPA/DHA.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: June 05, 2014 11:01PM

temp QUOTE:
"Then again you will never convince me that a strict vegan diet is healthy, until you can do so without recommending numerous supplements to cover the nutritional deficiencies and cracks the diet proposes."

temp, IMO which is backed up by HHI, is that, it is not the cracks in the diet but the cracks in the person and diet: Physically-via cracks in the genes and toxins, physically via de-evolution of the human body and even the best organic vegies that still have some level of pesticides on them. Emotionally also as this affects the whole system especially the GI Tract.

molly215, IMO you should practice what temp is saying, you can still do juices and drink wheatgrass. #1 If you can't do juices then at least do wheatgrass! Two ounces twice a day and limit your animal products to maybe once a day. This is super powerful in many ways, read up on it. Make sure your animal products are of high, low fat and quality not commercial if possible. Whoop whoop see ya!

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 06, 2014 01:27AM

I don't know.

To me the OP's question seems more of the baiting type ilk which those organized mothers of children with eating disorders would ask on a website like this rather than one a teenager who was sincerely interested in learning more about the raw food lifestyle would ask. I would be very surprised if it turns out to be otherwise.

Date: June 06, 2014 11:10AM

SueZ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know.
>
> To me the OP's question seems more of the
> baiting type ilk which those organized mothers of
> children with eating disorders would ask on a
> website like this rather than one a teenager who
> was sincerely interested in learning more about
> the raw food lifestyle would ask. I would be very
> surprised if it turns out to be otherwise.

This is just becoming another of the endless clash of agendas threads. No thread is safe, lol.

Date: June 06, 2014 11:35AM

SueZ Wrote:
> I don't know.
>
> To me the OP's question seems more of the
> baiting type ilk which those organized mothers of
> children with eating disorders would ask on a
> website like this rather than one a teenager who
> was sincerely interested in learning more about
> the raw food lifestyle would ask. I would be very
> surprised if it turns out to be otherwise.

Gotta watch out for those mothers who have children with eating disorders. Anyone who has ever run into one never forgets the experience. They will smother the life out of you if you let them. I don't know how their kids survive them. Very frustrated people, those women.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 11:38AM by SueZ.

Date: June 06, 2014 01:29PM

molly215 Wrote:
> I'm 15 and really interested in becoming a raw
> vegan, it sees so much healthier, but I'm
> wondering how could I persuade my mum to let me do
> it because she doesn't think it would be healthy
> for me to become raw vegan while I'm still
> growing.

The raw vegan diet can be costly, tricky and time consuming to make work. It is not an easy thing to do, and many folks struggle with the lifestyle. I personally think it is the best way to eat, but l would exercise extreme caution when doing a raw vegan diet. I wouldn't recommend it for most people unless they become very educated on the subject, have a decent cash flow and are prepared to put the hours into making it work.

What makes the job of a raw vegan much more difficult is all the disinformation in the raw food world on most websites and books.

Many folks think that all it is about is eating raw fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. It sounds really easy and exciting, but it is much MUCH harder for people to sustain than they think it is.

Obviously lots of raw fruits and vegetables can have it benefits, but you also need to google "vegan diet problems", "vegan diet deficiencies" and "why l am no longer vegan" so you don't make the same mistakes that many people make. Done well, the raw vegan diet is very very powerful, but if it is done poorly it can be very dangerous. I understand why your mum would be concerned.

Tread very carefully.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 06, 2014 01:39PM

Maybe your mom will sttle in the middle and allow you to be vegan. many proffesional doctors are recommending now a vegan diet as healthier than non vegan. It will help yoiu avoid many diseases and it can be very economical. You can find more here:

website that you can show your mom: [nutritionfacts.org]

free magazines to read: [www.pcrm.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 01:41PM by Panchito.

Date: June 06, 2014 02:56PM

Panchito Wrote:
> many proffesional doctors are
> recommending now a vegan diet

Who besides the wedsite blog Dr. Greger is recommending a vegan diet? I haven't noticed any other ones doing that. Or are you not talking about medical doctors?

Date: June 06, 2014 03:09PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Who besides the wedsite blog Dr. Greger is
> recommending a vegan diet? I haven't noticed any
> other ones doing that. Or are you not talking
> about medical doctors?

Living in a cave? These are more famous than Dr Gregger and they have publish many books

Dr McDougal: [www.drmcdougall.com]

Dr Esselstyn: [www.dresselstyn.com]

Dr Bannard: [www.pcrm.org]

And just looking on google gave me this huge list:

[thevegantruth.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 03:12PM by Panchito.

Date: June 06, 2014 03:31PM

"So thats vitamin D, vitamin B12, marine phyto-plankton and at least chlorella that one needs to buy/supplement with daily, where do you expect a 15 year old to get the money for all these supplements ? here in the UK that's probably £50+ worth of supplements just to nutritionally complete the diet in the short term. Which will probably just reinforce her mothers argument that raw veganism is unhealthy with the request for all these supplements. No healthy diet is reliant on supplements to provide basic nutrients in my opinion.
So thats vitamin D, vitamin B12, marine phyto-plankton and at least chlorella that one needs to buy/supplement with daily, where do you expect a 15 year old to get the money for all these supplements ? here in the UK that's probably £50+ worth of supplements just to nutritionally complete the diet in the short term. Which will probably just reinforce her mothers argument that raw veganism is unhealthy with the request for all these supplements. No healthy diet is reliant on supplements to provide basic nutrients in my opinion."

Chlorella and marine phytoplankton are not supplements, they are food. I recommend a soil-based B12 because most people's ability to create their own B12 has been destroyed by previous unhealthy habits (processed foods, improper food combining, prescription drugs, etc) and it may be necessary to use probiotics and B12 along with a healthy diet for a period of time until your body can properly create/absorb B12. And the study wasn't done on lab rats, it was done on vegans. Plus, the fact that some people create their own B12 is all the evidence you need to know that B12 deficiency isn't exclusive to being vegan.

"Where would ego enter into it anyway ?,"

Because YOU failed due to lack of knowledge and ended up in poor health on a raw vegan diet, YOU think that other people cannot do it. YOU don't like seeing other people achieve what YOU could not so YOU claim it's not possible... ego. "If I couldn't do it, then no one else can" is essentially what you are saying. Deep down you know you are wrong but you've dedicated yourself so much to bashing vegans that there's no turning back now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 03:33PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 06, 2014 03:40PM

Panchito Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who besides the wedsite blog Dr. Greger is
> > recommending a vegan diet? I haven't noticed
> any
> > other ones doing that. Or are you not talking
> > about medical doctors?
>
> Living in a cave? These are more famous than Dr
> Gregger and they have publish many books
>
> Dr McDougal: [www.drmcdougall.com]
>
> Dr Esselstyn: [www.dresselstyn.com]
>
> Dr Bannard: [www.pcrm.org]
>
> And just looking on google gave me this huge
> list:
>
> [thevegantruth.blogspot.com]
> wered-professionals-vegan.html

Oh, yeah, now I remember those guys. Their diets are just as old and forgettable as Gregers and as you don't constantly spam this site with their stuff as you do with Greger's they usually remain thankfully in the dustbin of time.

The OP was about RAW vegan anyway. That I remember.

Date: June 06, 2014 03:57PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Who besides the wedsite blog Dr. Greger is
> recommending a vegan diet? I haven't noticed any
> other ones doing that. Or are you not talking
> about medical doctors?

lol. first you ask and when you get the answer, you say I am spaming the site.

bye

Date: June 06, 2014 04:02PM

jtprindl Wrote:

. YOU don't
> like seeing other people achieve what YOU could
> not so YOU claim it's not possible... ego. "If I
> couldn't do it, then no one else can" is
> essentially what you are saying.

Why be so insufferably, haughtily, and childishly idiotic? That's the sort of disgusting attitude that does not go over well with the grownups you may encounter, even in real life, you know.

Didn't your parents teach you anything? Please slap them upside the head for me and the world for leaving you as the alpha member of the family.

You don't have to be an inexperienced know it all smug punk but if you prefer that mode don't expect your future "clients" to not smell it on you too.

Date: June 06, 2014 04:54PM

"Actually my anecdotal experience comes very little into my thoughts on vegan and i rarely ever talk about it because its just that i.e anecdotal, its the vast majority of the science that is there on the pitfalls of vegan diets which you clearly fail to address or take any notice of. A reason for this is your EGO, which believes you know better with a sproutarian diet and that all these other vegans were just doing it wrong."

And is the vast majority of science done on vegans who are consuming algae's, sprouts, and sea vegetables? There are many variations within the vegan diet and most people are setting themselves up for problems because they don't know any better. Store-bought fruits and veggies doesn't cut it. I haven't said anything about a sproutarian diet, but algae's alone can cover a lot of problems on a raw vegan diet. You are now contradicting yourself, you admit that MOST vegans are in fact doing it wrong but then claim that I have an ego for agreeing with you? Again, there's a difference between MOST raw vegans running into issues and raw veganism being impossible to sustain.

"Id bet my buck that you are nowhere near 100% sproutarian considering the level of effort TSM tells me it takes growing all your own sprouts and such."

When did I say I was? I haven't gotten there yet but I can still acknowledge the benefits of sprouts.

"Where does this non-working individual get the substantial money for these supplements every month."

For B-12, the HHI supplement may seem expensive but it will last 200 days.

"Whilst your at it, answer me what would happen to your "superior well planned raw vegan diet" had it be that you couldn't afford these supplements to paper over the cracks, how would you avoid the severe preventable nutritional deficiencies that your raw vegan diet causes ?"

Again, algae's are not supplements. It doesn't matter what they're called by manufacturer's, they are food. At her age, she wouldn't have to be 100% raw, she could be high-raw and eat some cooked foods to cover up some nutritional deficiencies until she was older and could buy chlorella. Or maybe she'd replace something she eats now with chlorella and it wouldn't be that big of an issue... I don't know her personal situation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 04:55PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 06, 2014 05:12PM

"So your this confident to the point of being obnoxious on something you haven't yet achieved."

When have I said anything about the sproutarian diet in this thread before you brought it up? It has been about algae's and sea vegetables.

"Algaes, seaweeds and sprouts are great, but don't fool yourself into believing that its going to be enough to keep you healthy as a strict vegan."

A well-balanced diet rich in sprouts, algae's, sea vegetables, fresh fruits and vegetables, and sprouted nuts/seeds can most definitely keep you thriving as a strict vegan.

"If a diet isn't practically applicable to real life then your living in a fantasy of dreams and theory like many raw vegans do, which you clearly are because you admit you aren't even 100% sproutarian yet, but are completely convinced without any science being there that its the only way to live healthy."

Again, I haven't said anything regarding a sproutarian diet until you brought it up. I think it's a mistake for any raw vegan not to consume algae's. If you're interested in high amounts of phytochemicals, phytohormones, oxygen, enzymes, and electrical frequency... then yes, I would recommend eating/juicing fresh sprouts.

Date: June 06, 2014 05:15PM

"Not everyone has the luxury of putting out a whole pay check on supplements either, so your living in dream land as far as i can see."

This is different than it not being possible. And what would you recommend as an alternative? Buying expensive organic animal products?

"You evaded answering my question again, how does one survive without these meta-foods, superfoods and supplements as a strict raw vegan ? The answer is they don't and would get ill, possibly die through severe preventable nutritional deficiencies."

I did answer the question, go back and re-read.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 05:18PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 06, 2014 06:59PM

"Says who ? You and Brian Clement, show me some studies or nutritional science which shows us that this is a well balanced and nutritionally complete diet. You speak like you are talking from a great wealth of experience here, yet admit above you don't even follow the type of diet that you promote. Which makes you no different to any other true believer."

Show me studies done on any diet which says definitively that it's nutritionally complete. Looking at the success of HHI who use primarily sprouts, algae's, and sea vegetables, and looking at the nutritional profile's of all three (including phytochemicals, phytohormones, oxygen, enzymes), it's not hard to see that these provide a host of benefits and address many of the concerns that come with a raw vegan diet.

I do follow the type of diet I promote, I just haven't progressed to the point where the majority of my diet is sprouts. If you truly ever attempted growing/eating a lot of fresh sprouts, you would know it's not something that can be done overnight.

"Come back to me with this level of arrogance to which your effectively calling me stupid, lacking knowledge, bias and ego driven yet you've never actually got this diet to a workable level yourself at present"

Yes, I am saying you lack knowledge regarding the vegan diet, have a bias against veganism, and do have an ego because you failed a raw vegan diet yourself.

"Go tell a family on welfare that they need to spend 50 dollars on some b12 supplements, then another 50 dollars on marine phytoplankton, then 20 dollars on some vitamin D, another 20 dollars on a tub of chlorella and thats before you've even thought about food budget for a week. Its a rich mans diet theory at best, you've only proved that its not practical for the majority of people or families to undertake this sort of diet."

You are blatantly ignoring what I'm saying because your "vegan hatred" goggles are blinding you. If someone wants to be raw vegan but cannot afford algae's, I would recommend they consume some cooked foods and be high-raw instead until they can afford to at least purchase chlorella.

Anyways, my point isn't whether it is convenient or not, it's that it is fully possible to succeed on a raw vegan diet... and there are countless examples of those people.

"The diet you are promoting is a sproutarian style diet, again are we going to debate pointless semantics here."

For optimal health, eating lots of sprouts and algae's is what I would promote. I never once said you couldn't be healthy if your diet isn't mainly sprouts and algae's.

"Low calorie and possibly an energy concern for most individuals who require at least 2000 calories to remain healthy. Which leads me to how healthy this so called diet is for young active individuals if you can't even get 1700 calories easily."

So then you eat more of the same foods... sprouted nuts, seeds, or more fruit since an athlete would be burning off excess sugar, etc.

"You are reliant on supplements to provide basic nutrients, which goes against what supplements were actually devised for, which are to supplement an already healthy diet or to treat nutritional deficiencies, not to provide basic nutrients in order to nutritionally complete a diet because you are scared of eating foods that actually contain these nutrients."

Again, you are blatantly ignoring factual data. Algae's, which again are not supplements but foods, provide B12 and this is shown in multiple studies done on humans.

"Again ill say again why are you not eating this way 100% if its as great as you promote ? You've been here for over a year now and still can't make it work, yet you expect others to somehow be able to do so."

For one, I haven't been here over a year, I registered on here about six months ago. And two, I didn't start growing sprouts until about four months ago, and it takes time to develop into a diet where most of my food is from sprouts.

Date: June 06, 2014 07:23PM

A diet rich in sprouts, algae's, sea vegetables, sprouted nuts/seeds, and fresh fruits and vegetables can provide everything we need sans D3 which we get from the sun.

Sources of B12 = Chlorella, AFA, Nori
Sources of Iron/Zinc - Chlorella, sprouted nuts/seeds
Sources of Iodine - Sea vegetables
Sources of Omega 3's - Sprouted walnuts, chia/hemp/flax seeds, marine phytoplankton

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

"The vegans consuming Nori and/or Chlorella seaweeds (n = 16) had serum vitamin B-12 concentrations twice as high as those not using these seaweeds (n = 5) (mean 221 pmol/L, range 75-408, vs. 105, 35-252, P = 0.025). In the longitudinal study, six of nine vegans showed slow, but consistent deterioration of vitamin B-12 status over a 2-y observation period. On the basis of these results we conclude that some seaweeds consumed in large amounts can supply adequate amounts of bioavailable vitamin B-12.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

"Compared to the control period, in the intervention period participants improved their vitamin B12 status, significantly reducing Hcy blood concentration (p=0.003). In conclusion, the Klamath algae product AFA-B12 appears to be, in a preliminary study, an adequate and reliable source of vitamin B12 in humans."

Date: June 06, 2014 07:31PM

"As someone who has grown sprouts and wheatgrass myself in the past i know full well the labor involved. You however i don't think you do, you recommend this style of diet to everyone on here like its a piece of cake, yet haven't actually managed to make it practically work yourself ? Have you tried going to the length of effort that the likes of TSM does to live this lifestyle ?"

It's easy to grow a few trays here and there, it's not easy to grow tens and tens of trays to the point where you can make it your main source of food. Like I said, I am gradually working up. I never said this type of diet was a "piece of cake", it takes hard-work and dedication.

"Year, half a year, its all the same, your still not walking the talk. I wouldn't mind if you were doing this 100% for 5 years, then i could take you seriously. You've been doing this for a few months, not strictly as you promote to others, but shoot down anyone who has a different opinion."

No, you're being delusional. Again, I never said you had to strictly eat sprouts, algae's, and sea vegetables to be healthy. I do, however, recommend eating a fair amount of them. I am walking the walk because I never claimed you need to follow a 100% sproutarian diet to be healthy.

By the way, where is your scientific study proving the diet you're following is nutritionally complete?

"You are forgetting that practicality and reality are what apply the most to the real world. You can spout fancy diet theories but if it doesn't work for the majority of individuals then it isn't healthy to begin with."

Again, I'll ask WHAT IS YOUR ALTERNATIVE? If one cannot afford to be healthy, they cant afford to be healthy regardless of what diet they're following. If you are on welfare, it doesn't matter what your diet is, you aren't going to be eating quality food.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 07:32PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 06, 2014 07:49PM

Stop avoiding my questions...

1.) Where are the scientific studies proving the diet YOU are currently following is nutritionally complete?

2.) What is YOUR alternative to the hypothetical situation you brought up regarding people on welfare?

"Sure they foods provide most nutrients, but that doesn't mean anything in the real world does it. Copper/zinc imbalances still apply on most vegan diets. non-heme iron is very poorly absorbed, so often a problem for women who lose iron during menstruation. Vitamin B12 is highly suspect from these foods. Then we get to DHA and such, which you are only supplying via expensive micro-algae marine phytoplankton supplements, else again your diet comes up hugely short."

Chlorella chelates excess copper from the body and EPA/DHA is made from sufficient ALA, which is abundant in the foods I mentioned. Marine phytoplankton is a direct source. B12 being highly suspect is your opinion which isn't scientifically validated, in fact it's the opposite given the studies I just posted. The non-heme iron is a legitimate concern, but there are plenty vegans who aren't deficient in iron. More research needs to be done on iron regarding a variety of its food sources and how much is absorbed in my opinion.

"Yeah consume some klamath lake algae which is so healthy you might just incur irreparable liver and nervous system damaging toxins such as microcystins in exchange for some vitamin B12. Sounds logical advice."

Too bad this has yet to happen...

"Come back to me when you actually are eating this way, instead of just promoting a diet you don't even follow to others."

Sounds a lot like a cop-out and clearly you are blatantly ignoring what I'm typing anyways and living in delusion... once again, I never claimed you need to be 100% sproutarian to be healthy. Did you get it that time? I recommend eating sprouts and algae's, not "you must eat strictly these foods".

"Do you work out of interest ? and if so where do you find the time to attend to sprout farms all day ? I suspect your young, get your supplements paid by mum and dad and don't have a care in the world, because if you had a family to provide for you'd see what you promote has very little real life application to those wanting to eat healthy. If it has no real life application then its completely worthless to the majority, its that simple."

Yes I do work and I pay for all my algae's (which again aren't supplements).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 07:55PM by jtprindl.

Date: June 06, 2014 08:17PM

"As i already said to you, i don't promote a diet, i don't promote any single way of eating like you do to be better than others or the "best way" of eating. But if i did my diet was be closest to a mediterranean diet, which as you know there is about 50 times the research there suggesting it to be beneficial and longevity promoting, to any sort of raw vegan diet diet, which there is little to no research and most of it is negative."

That's not the question.... where is there any research on the Mediterranean diet that definitively states it is a nutritionally complete diet? The only thing I promote is a well-planned raw vegan diet. That doesn't mean I think every other diet is unhealthy. Regardless of what diet you are following, adding algae's and sprouts is going to benefit you, and as vegan diets are concerned, algae's can address lots of things.

"So if your not promoting a 100% sproutarian style diet, whats the problem here ?"

You claim it's not possible to thrive on a raw vegan diet due to various deficiencies. You were proven wrong.

"Well thats great that you can work and pay for such level of supplements, but how about those who can't afford 100s of dollars worth of supplements every month, how are these people meant to eat and be healthy as a so called "well planned raw vegan" ?"

1.) How are these people meant to eat and be healthy on ANY diet if they are on welfare?

2.) What is your suggestion to these people, eat animal products laced with hormones and antibiotics? Eat fish laced with mercury, PCB's, and a bunch of other contaminants?

"You clearly have no idea what its like to have to provide for a family eating healthy off a minimal wage. Its a rich mans dietary dream and one that probabl doesn't even work, considering your still struggling."

My questions above also apply here and I am not struggling with anything. I am consistently and gradually working my way up to more and more sprouts. It takes dedication. Sprouts are very inexpensive, by the way. You don't need to be rich to buy chlorella lol.

"I still don't know why im humoring you, despite your promotion of the sort of diet you do, you can't even follow your own advice."

Clearly you're just trolling as I have addressed this more than once already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2014 08:18PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: temp ()
Date: June 06, 2014 08:31PM

I was proven wrong by who ? someone who clearly admits they don't follow the diet they promote to others.

The only saving grace to the sproutarian diet no offense is that you can grow a large amount of your own food at home. This is great, no one is detracting from fresh sprouts, grasses such as wheatgrass and such when consumed in balance and moderate amounts. Too much is considered toxic and id argue that making these staple foods was excessive consumption.

There are plenty of studies concluding that the mediterranean diet is nutritionally complete, safe to follow and likely beneficial to a number of ways for health from cardiovascular disease prevention, to lower risk of certain cancers. However we've been through this and you were one to list mediterranean diet studies in the past on here, so i know you know this.

Date: June 06, 2014 08:47PM

"I was proven wrong by who ? someone who clearly admits they don't follow the diet they promote to others."

By all the information I just posted. I promote a well-planned vegan diet to others... I follow a well-planned vegan diet. Your conclusion is false.

"There are plenty of studies concluding that the mediterranean diet is nutritionally complete, safe to follow and likely beneficial to a number of ways for health from cardiovascular disease prevention, to lower risk of certain cancers. However we've been through this and you were one to list mediterranean diet studies in the past on here, so i know you know this."

Where is ONE study that definitively states the Mediterranean diet is nutritionally complete? Please post it. Not "prevents X disease" but is "nutritionally complete".

"The only saving grace to the sproutarian diet no offense is that you can grow a large amount of your own food at home. This is great, no one is detracting from fresh sprouts, grasses such as wheatgrass and such when consumed in balance and moderate amounts. Too much is considered toxic and id argue that making these staple foods was excessive consumption."

Yeah, forget all the phytochemicals, phytohormones, enzymes, oxygen, and in many cases increase vitamin & mineral content.... and too much of anything can be considered toxic. Where is your scientific evidence that making sprouts the main staple in one's diet is ultimately going to lead to toxicity?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 06, 2014 11:38PM

molly215 Wrote:
> I'm 15 and really interested in becoming a raw
> vegan, it sees so much healthier, but I'm
> wondering how could I persuade my mum to let me do
> it because she doesn't think it would be healthy
> for me to become raw vegan while I'm still
> growing.

Utopian Life gave you great advice. What exactly does your mom object to and want you to eat instead? Is she against you being vegan at all? If not, perhaps she thinks just being 100% raw will lead to an eating disorder. What is it that attracts you to it? You mention that it's "healthier," but what exactly seems healthier about it to you? You could eat a lot of fruit and then at night do cooked vegan to please your mom.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: June 07, 2014 01:05AM

When we go into space, we will most definitely NOT be bringing freezers full of meat nor tending cows in virtual greenhouse praries... smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2014 01:06AM by NuNativs.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: June 07, 2014 12:31PM

I see temp/powerlifer is in full flow again. JT, don't bother wasting your time on him. All you're doing is giving him more overtime pay.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 07, 2014 12:32PM

Out of respect for people who have a simple question they want answered, can the nonstop back and forth arguments that are repeated over and over when temp comes back be pushed to another thread? I know you may think it's important, but the OP probably doesn't want to weed through this personal stuff.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables