Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blending too many??? Stomach ache, vomitting (grandma)
Posted by: LacikeRaw ()
Date: June 24, 2014 09:59AM

So we started to do blending since Saturday. Everything went pretty well, allways blended tons of stuff, allways with some greens. This morning I have decided to make an exception. I made smoothie with mainly fruits to get some energy.

I mixed: pear, orange, 2 figs, blueberries, raspberries, ginger, lemon, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pinch of olive oil, honey, oat flakes, coconut,peach, carrot, grapes.

I guess I shouldn't put that huge variety of foods inside one smoothie. Well actually it wasn't smoothie today. We had to eat it with spoon it was that tough.

Grandma lost a bit passion to eat just raw food from mixer, I'm inexperienced so any advices how would I get back that raw reputation?
Any tips for good smoothies for beginners?
I got good blender I did hummus with it easily.

Thank you all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blending too many??? Stomach ache, vomitting (grandma)
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 05:52PM

IMO I think you used far too many ingredients, it's basically a mix up of everything in there.
I would say to follow a proper raw food combining chart and use few ingredients. And decide if you want either a green smoothie or a sweet smoothie.
An idea would be: water, bananas, dates. Or water, bananas, peaches. Water, bananas, apricots. Water, bananas, mango, dates. Soake the dates for few hours prior to making smoothies. Also use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones (freeze them over night), the smoothies will be creamier and tastier that way (I never liked the smoothies made with fresh bananas). These would be sweet smoothies.
For green smoothies you could use: water, spinach (or lettuce), tomatoes, dill, bell peppers.
Don't use sweet fruits with fats.
Don't use sweet fruits with acid fruits (like bananas and strawberries - I used to love this smoothie, but I ended up being really bloated from it).
Don't make large smoothies at first, just 1 liter or 1.5 liters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Re: Blending too many??? Stomach ache, vomitting (grandma)
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 06:00PM

Also don't mix veggies and root veggies with sweet fruits and fats. And I see no reason for honey and olive oil in smoothies. And oat flakes.

Apart from smoothies, you can make veggie and root veggie juices, with some greens. And they are tastier that way.

Try to make simple drinks so that you can distinct the taste of ingredients and better enjoy them.

If you want a different recipe, you can forget about honey as it's not vegan. And don't use olive oil as it's still processed food. Then soak the almonds/cashews/sunflower seeds (whichever you want to use, but not all in one recipe) and make some milk (almond milk/cashew milk/seeds milk). Or make coconut milk from the coconut meat and the coconut water. Then put some oat flakes in a bowl, pour the nut milk on them and you got cereal and vegan milk. But let the fruits aside, they don't mix with fats.

You can make a lot of simple separate recipes just using all the ingredients you put in that smoothie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 06:02PM by Ela2013.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables