Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dr. Ann Wigmore Was a FRUITARIAN…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 09, 2014 12:00AM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Re: To Dr.dflora
drflora3rd (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: 02-06-02 07:24

I love the people in Puerto Rico, and I wish I knew more about how they handled their compost problem. I wrote to someone else that Dr. Ann asked them to put up a fence so that the pigs and chickens wouldn't get in to eat the sprouting leftover seeds, and when she returned from a trip, the animals were all over, defecating in the compost. When one is not in a frost zone, it's impossible, some feel, to 'kill' the little things that might be in the feces of the chickens and pigs. Some chickens eat their own waste. I haven't been able to go back there until I find out what they have done to de-contaminate their compost. Another so-called wannabe copier of Dr. Ann's living food program has horse manure in their compost. I couldn't eat the greens from there after the first day, they were so bitter. It's a real problem and if someone knows how to solve the problem of contamination of compost by animal feces, please let them know down there. I've wanted to visit down there, because I love the staff members and have such great remembrances, but I can't just live on mangos, avocados, coconut water and papayas (unless it's 110! - I do become a fruitarian, like Dr. Wigmore did, for 5-6 months out of the year, depending on the heat) and sick people definitely can't; they need their greens. Burning in your bladder could be from vinegar. Yes, there are about a dozen other institutes in the world, and if you have the recipe for the REAL energy soup of Dr. Wigmore's, you could go there and use their wheatgrass, rejuvelac and sauerkraut (if they are made right like they do down in Puerto Rico) and make your own energy soup after you grow your own in soil that is not from the compost there. When I was there, I learned that our govt. had sprayed the west end of PR with agent orange and when I tried to walk on the beach with bare feet, my feet burned from some acid in the sand and even the water burned me. I guess I am one of those 'canaries', but I haven't been back since Dr. Ann died in Boston. After she went to Boston the last time, 3 weeks later I flew to DC to be with my mother who needed me and received calls not only about her death but the death of the director. I saw that coming, but everyone has to monitor their own behavior. He was invited off the property to a 'transition' restaurant in a lovely home, and he was offered a huge bowl of hummus. Even my 'adopted son', (sort of like a 'kissin' cousin', adopted because I admire him for his strength, support his stands, and feel we are kindred souls) Dr. Tim Trader, says openly that in the past, before he went all raw, he had angry feelings the next day when he ate hummus so he quit, and the director was recovering from cancer and all of that oil and nonsprouted cooked ground up garbanzo beans with a certain liquid amino acid in it (I tried a taste but it was too acid for me and too much salt and lemon so I rinsed my mouth out, but I could hardly walk the next day I had so much pain in my lower back from the latter ingredient..dumb move). I was horrified when I saw him come in and eat half the bowl. That was the last I saw of him and found out later, when I called down there about something, that he had died too. I dislike saying anything about the place down there that might frighten people off, but someone who knows about parasites from pigs and chickens needs to test the compost soil. I got campylobacter jujuni (from chicken blood) in CA when a lady in Buttonwillow I was saying with defrosted her chicken on the shelf above my purple sauerkraut and I didn't realize the pink was blood, but I felt something wierd (I know my body so well, and most of the dime I am not even aware of it, so the tiniest things hits me in the face!), sent to the doc to get a sample taken and sure enough, I was not able to work until I tested negative. We have to be careful. Just cutting out dairy and rice will amaze you when your athsma disappears! If, you aren't living in an area with really polluted air, like I was when the diesel exhaust gave me a major challenge.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Ann Wigmore Was a FRUITARIAN…
Date: July 09, 2014 08:17PM

John,

where did Dr Flora write this? This will need to be properly checked before l believe any of this.

Date: July 09, 2014 09:05PM

<<<where did Dr Flora write this?>>>

Dr. Flora was very active on this website from 2-6-02 to 4-18-02 as she types 120 words per minute and wrote 40,218 words in just over 2 months. Since this website has crashed several times, I have posted all of her Posts in the Best of Dr. Flora in 2002 and in 2003 and I've been meaning to do so again, but have not got around to it yet.

<<<This will need to be properly checked before l believe any of this.>>>

Send her a message...

[www.youtube.com]

If I Post the Best of Dr. Flora, it's obvious who she is and I have NOT altered what she wrote.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: July 09, 2014 09:26PM

I was there for a two week program, not with Ann but with Lalita, I seen everything, their compost too, no pigs at all, no animals. Very high greens, low sweet fruit, philosophy Lalita embracing, following what Ann Wigmore taught her, I seen the chef at the time, argue there should be more tropical fruit...But yes they have papaya at every meal along with alot of other things. They make almond pate too. One guy who was instructor there did a whole year no sweet fruit. He said he was happy to go back to fruit. So I guess it is about who you ask...I saw the place differently. A very sacred healing place on the ocean. Raw Vegan 1970s hygiene practices- a lost art, still being taught there. Rejuvelac and beet juice "champagne"...

I really like DR FLORAS point of view. It is interesting, they always say there is a grain of truth in everything..

..so once upon a time some chickens or animals got into their compost and that makes it contaminated 20-30 years later still? Is that the point?

I can see Ann being a fruitarian during the summer months. I can. I really think that lady was way cool, especially with her 70's space haircut.

Date: July 09, 2014 09:34PM

It looks like ths source was from here.
[site.therawdiet.com]

Over this thread l will make comments about some of the old school talk by Ann Wigmore followers including the buckwheat baloney. I will also be emailing various people who knew Dr Ann (including Dr Flora) to confirm this article above is correct. I well believe these are Dr Flora's words, but l want to double check everything.

John...l would LOVE you to post the `best of Dr Flora'. That would be wonderful.

"Had she been alive when "Grain Damage" was published, she would have appreciated Dr. Doug's Graham's message advocating no grains".

She might have, but she would have also appreciated the mainstream science in the last 50 years consistently telling and finding of the dangers of a high carb low fat diet in regards to CAD risk.

Here is one such study going against such a dietary idea.

Effect of low-fat diets on plasma high-density lipoprotein
Concentrations

Martijn B Katan

[ajcn.nutrition.org]

In controlled trials, low-fat, high-carbohydrate
diets decrease HDL concentrations. The effect is strongest when
carbohydrates replace saturated fatty acids, but is also seen when
carbohydrates replace mono- and polyunsaturated fatty acids
carbohydrates. The effect is seen in both short- and long-term trials
and therefore appears to be permanent. This finding is supported
by epidemiologic studies in which populations eating
low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets were shown to have low HDL
concentrations

And eventhough some studies have shown that HDL concentrations have remained high for some groups, especially those who are thin and exercise, most findings paint a bleak picture for those on high carb low fat diets regardless of how thin a person is, as the below conclusion summerised.

indeed, HDL concentrations have consistently
fallen in subjects eating low-fat diets despite decreases in body
mass index (19, 21).

the lowering of HDL
concentrations by low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets constitutes a
distinct disadvantage that can no longer be ignored

Keeping the 80-10-10 diet safer in regards to high carb low fat
Adding in alittle bit of nut or seed to an 80-10-10 diet would make all the difference, especially sprouted seeds, or even avocado. But l am sure many do this and will mnaintain good HDL levels, but if you eat under 10% fat and high carbs it can be a big problems as the numerous studies point out.

Grain damage issues
I really should read the book `grain damage' to confirm if the science is correct and written in proper context, because l have read a lot about the dark side of grains and am well aware of the problems, yet l eat sprouted grains. There is a very good reason why l mainly ferment non gluten sprouted grains. It would be interesting if the book covers different types of grains and processing methods, or is it only basically written condemning all grains without looking at the whole picture. Does Dr Doug mention the strategies of fermentation and brown seaweeds as some of the solutions to grain damage deuction, or does he ignore this area? See...there are lots of things that need to be brought to the table when talking about `grain damage. Lets hope Doug covers the issues properly.

High fat issues
BUT also note…as the studies of Vogel, Blankenhorn and Rudell point out…high fat diets are just as detrimental to cardiovascular health as high carb/low fat. Vogel goes as far to say that Fats impair flow mediated dilatation because of blood clotting factor 7, and he is right. However there are solutions to this which will be fully reported on an upcoming paper on fat that l will present in coming weeks. And note: free fatty acids from the broken down fat structures do not activate clotting factor 7 and do not consequently impair flow mediated dilatation to the blood vessels and arteries. Sproutarians are at an advantage over diets imo, but we still need to be careful to eat the right fats and keep fat levels low as a % of calories….there are little tricks sproutarians can play to keep within the fat% limits without having to give up too much seed/nut in the meals.

high fat/low fat issues to be talked about in great detail soon
There is a big story behind the fat that hasn’t been told, but it will be shortly because it is critical to present the findings and solutions to the dangers of high fat and low fat diets to make them safer.

More comments to come.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 09:48PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 09, 2014 09:47PM

You don't even realize how stupid it is to apply that study to 801010

Date: July 09, 2014 09:49PM

<<<It looks like ths source was from here.
[site.therawdiet.com]>>>

No, the source was from here and Michael Snyder took my Best of Dr. Flora and cleaned it up.

Date: July 09, 2014 09:51PM

Greetings Mr Aterhov,

"we are very much interested in your bulletin no 1 because it is our intention to mail a copy of it to the many people who write to us in regard to their health problems. we feel certain it will be a blessing to many people"

Ann Wigmore, DD, Founder, the rising sun boston
boston july 5 1966

Date: July 09, 2014 09:58PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You don't even realize how stupid it is to apply
> that study to 801010

That question does come to mind for sure. The thing is...we can't decide either way if this applies to populations of high fruit eaters because of the lack of data, but we should keep an open mind and be aware of any potential issues. Does this study apply to fruit and vegetable diets as promoted by Doug?...we can't be sure. All l am saying is, in general, an 80-10-10 type of diet is scientifically unsound advice. We need to be aware of potential problems of high carb/low fat and get HDL levels checked if you follow Doug's diet recommendations, that is what really comes out of me posting this statement. The statement is not to raise fear, it is to recommend for people to get HDL checked to make sure they are going o.k.

Date: July 09, 2014 10:27PM

You are entitled to your opinion.

yet studies like that are put forth as if they have any relevance, and they do not.

I wonder Where exactly is one going to get fat sources in a natural environment?

there are no wild avos that contain the high fat that we have with our cultivated avos.

there are not large amounts of seeds and nuts widely available and easily eaten.
there are no oils for us to ingest.

foods available to primates are fruits, leaves, stalks, difficult to eat a large amount of nuts/seeds, insects, roots, etc

none have any appreciable fat.

so how do you propose we survived and thrived over the millenia?

the higher calories and sugar in cultivated fruit just means that we don't need to eat all day, and we can add in a suitable amount of greens.

to suggest without any real evidence that such and such dietary followers should check this or that is without justification.

one could more logically suggest that ANYbody eating any diet should check all known nutrients, if they cared to do so.

I would not necessarily prescribe maximum amount of fat , but 10% is the approximate max amount of fat that is needed as determined by multiple nutritional organizations.

Date: July 09, 2014 10:29PM

Sometimes, if we were at a conference together, she would buy a variety of seed and nut cheeses, take a taste (literally, not a bite and wash her mouth out with rejuvelac and give me the rest. I would eat it all and promptly fall asleep.

"You eat differently from me and that's why you have to sleep, Flora".

That can happen, especially when you haven't properly prepared the seeds/nuts properly, and also if the body hasn't been fixed to enable the nut/seed pastes to be properly digested. There are various things we can do to make sure that doesn't happen. Fermenting your nuts is a must, having seaweeds before the nut/seed meals is important, and sprouting the seeds for a certain length of time is important. That's the main issue l have with the old schoolers, they generalised too much because they didn't have the benefit of the science information we have today.

This part below is absolutely beautiful and shows in my mind why she was a legend and achieved what most raw fooders could ever dream of being. This is how it can be (below). No need to fight…no need to worry about anything, just let it all be and be happy. If people reject your message, so what!

spent most of her time writing, answering letters, making audiocassettes for people. She was the most spiritual person I've ever met and because she lived in present tense and had incredible love inside her,she was never worried about anything, even when people where trying to undermine some of her students' confidence in her in order to 'take' the reins from her hands

More generalizations below. Those raw sprouted beans are harmful, but certain strategies can be implemented. Dr Clement is well aware of the modern day science and safety strategies for protecting ourselves against the dangers of raw sprouted legumes, that’s why he would still recommend them.

After oriental doctors asked her to test things like mung beans and aduki beans, etc. she found that they were not things that were helpful (in fact some were very harmful sprouted) and she didn't want them used anymore

I quite l like:

She didn't want citrus to be used

This is beautiful. Indeed the buckwheat lettuce are the little ladies and the sunflower are the big strong males.

She used buckwheat lettuce (the female energy - I smile when I think of her walking
along in the 'nursery' and stroking the buckwheat, calling them her little ladies at a tea
party, and sunflower
lettuce (the male energy, for giving speeches, giving people directions and telling them
what to do, and being organized and consistent and just having physical strength).

Controversial parts below, and some lack of knowledge in those days allowed generalizations to be made.

She was not a user of sprouts,

Needs to be confirmed from a direct source.

personally and felt that plants needed soil to grow in and leaf out before they were proper to use.

Not taking into account many factors due to lack of science in those days.

Since then, Dr. Hulda Clark has found that sprouts have aflatoxins in them that are very dangerous.

Vitamin C helps neutralize aflatoxins, so do other things like organic acids. See…lack of science knowledge in the old school.

Dr Ann quoted many dubious sources of information back in the old days because there was not the modern science around to debunk the old school thinking. This also applied to Dr Ann's theories on cancer/oxygen/ alkalinity etc. Dr Ann got a lot wrong because there wasn't the information available in those days.

The books (and over 99% of the recipes inside) that are on the shelves in the
average bookstore today are not written by Dr. Ann,

Yes, l believe that Dr David Jubb wrote many of them.

More comments to come.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 10:36PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 09, 2014 11:06PM

fresh Wrote:

> yet studies like that are put forth as if they
> have any relevance, and they do not.

That is an extremely controversial call, that's all l will say about that.

>
> I wonder Where exactly is one going to get fat
> sources in a natural environment?
>
> there are no wild avos that contain the high fat
> that we have with our cultivated avos.
>
> there are not large amounts of seeds and nuts
> widely available and easily eaten.
> there are no oils for us to ingest.
>
> foods available to primates are fruits, leaves,
> stalks, difficult to eat a large amount of
> nuts/seeds, insects, roots, etc
>
> none have any appreciable fat.

Good points. You may be surprised that l am not against a N.H diet like you may think. Sure...l strongly disapprove of a N.H for 99.9999% of people in the modern day world, but l think N.H is the ultimate goal to reach when one's body and spiritual level is very close to the peak.

>
> so how do you propose we survived and thrived over
> the millenia?

I believe the surface of the Earth has had many technologically advanced societies, and certainly no garden of Eden like many N.H and new age folks buy into. That being said, l believe N.H has hardly ever applied to mankind, and l feel concepts that we were cavemen to be highly dubious and not applicable to most living beings in history. And to say we evolved from apes is completely rediculous. As for a garden of Eden existing in the `middle Earth'...now that is a completely different story and could be where the idea came from. I haven't been to the middle Earth yet (too busy to bother), but there is certain information l am aware of that is not under any circumstances to be revealed to the mainstream public....only certain spiritual types have been given the info regarding the middle earth and what's there.

I believe there was no golden age of man like claimed where we had super powers because l believe the surface of the Earth was a place designed for mainly low level beings to live (prison planet), and with that came the eating of meat, legumes, cooked foods, nuts etc that we do today. There would have been some more primative areas through the various ages, but l believe we have always had good and better technology than most of us have access to today. I believe the hunter and gatherer idea has applied to some groups of people during various ages, but largely that is a nonsense concept imo.

The N.H idea you pointed out in the top of the page imo is a big fantasy. Sure it is the most ideal, but mankind where never sufficiently evolved enough to handle such a brilliant concept, and they still aren't laregely able to handle such an idea these days because mankind has always been low level.

>
> the higher calories and sugar in cultivated fruit
> just means that we don't need to eat all day, and
> we can add in a suitable amount of greens.
>
> to suggest without any real evidence that such and
> such dietary followers should check this or that
> is without justification.
>
> one could more logically suggest that ANYbody
> eating any diet should check all known nutrients,
> if they cared to do so.

To all that l just say pthhh.

I'll get back to this another day.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 11:16PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 10, 2014 12:43AM

Can you handle the partial truth? Well, here are some partial truths below. I will not talk about advanced partial truth because that is too hard to handle. As for truth, hardly anyone including myself can handle that, that’s why they usually wipe memories when you have extreme cosmic experiences. They can leave little bits of some of the extreme experiences, but it is sooo far out that it makes your head spin. We know nothing hardly.

We get these funny ideas put into our heads that humans were not designed to cook their food or eat meat. We get silly scientists saying that humans don’t have the hydrochloric acid content to break down meat (true), but they either ignorantly or conveniently forget that HCA is only part of the digestion story, chewing food well and digestive enzymes are also a major part of breaking down meat. But Mike Adams and other disinformed people still perpetuate this myth.

Is meat eating ideal? Certainly not! But unawakened people are going to eat meat, and the creator knew this, so heir designed the body to be able to partially handle meat so unawakened man could survive. Eg…low level vegans (spiritually unawakened) who fail on the diet report feeling and doing better in their health after eating meat. The long lived cultures eat some meat and have better health than most of us etc. Same deal with cooked food.

So why do l push the science of food? Because we live in a world of partial truth because we are low level and not fully awakened to the reality, so we must push satanic low level ideas (deceptions/partial truths) to match the illusion we live in until we can seek a higher consciousness. We must push the garbage science and garbage books until we rise above that satanic low level garbage…we match the partial illusion with our partial illusion. Personally…l would rather ditch the health talk and internet (Satanism) and move into the mountains and meditate and seek total truth, but it is important to set up a process where people can start moving out of the partial illusion and move more into the reality.

We read all these books, but most books are just interpretations by man living in a partial truth relative to their illusion and are hence pushing inferior satanic garbage. The cosmos is the ultimate truth when we do things right (eg blocking mayan force vibrations that put us in the illusion when meditating). Books, manmade systems, reading and writing languages are just a chain of Satanism to stop us from reaching total truth….they will always be second rate because manmade systems via words/ideas can never properly portray the cosmic truth, and manmade writings are usually opened to partial interpretations and intentional manipulations from people with agendas. The ultimate language is sound and light frequencies…we can use it through telepathy, yet we learn inferior languages that can never explain the goings on in the cosmos….we are people of illusion in a low level world. You will never have a garden of Eden with such a low level of consciousness….the Satanism reeks all throughout our bodies, and we must unlearn everything and seek truth by full time mediation like the yogis do and learn to live on little. The fact that people do N.H and make glutons of themselves tell me there is a mismatch going on = low level beings trying to eat high level diets of awakened higher level physical beings, of course it is largely bound to end in disaster.

We can’t even handle partial truth, and we certainly can’t handle truth.

Waht did man do before fire? A = there has always been fire. We have never been alone in the universe and the visitors to this planet shared many low level concepts like fire with us to suit our low level existances.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 12:52AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: July 10, 2014 02:42AM

<<<Waht did man do before fire? A = there has always been fire.>>>

That's the Wrong Question and, therefore, the Answer is irrelevant.

The Right Question would be...

What did Man do before he Mastered Fire?

Date: July 10, 2014 10:59AM

Dr. Flora wrote:

<<<but I can't just live on mangos, avocados, coconut water and papayas (unless it's 110! - I do become a fruitarian, like Dr. Wigmore did, for 5-6 months out of the year, depending on the heat) and sick people definitely can't; they need their greens.>>>

So does this mean that those who do NOT do well Eating Fruit are SICK????

TSM wrote:

<<<The fact that people do N.H and make glutons of themselves tell me there is a mismatch going on>>>

Tell me TSM...do you ever exercise?

How does someone who likes to be ACTIVE replenish their Carbohydrate Fuel Tank?

By the way, you are making the same Mistake that DG is making - both of you guys are missing HALF of the Performance Equation and as a result, lack the insight needed to put an end to all of the needless suffering on this Planet. I started a Thread specifically for people like you and Doug and I hope you guys are Willing to use it - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:41PM

"How does someone who likes to be ACTIVE replenish their Carbohydrate Fuel Tank?"

Wrong question. Wrong fuel.

Better answer here...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 10, 2014 01:48PM

<<<Wrong question. Wrong fuel.>>>

Obviously, you know as little as this woman in the Video, which explains why you think she makes sense. I don’t have the time nor will I make the time to listen to this IGNORANT woman in the Video above because I have already taken some notes on one of her other Videos and I included my comments along with my notes below.

[www.youtube.com]
KETOGENIC DIET: most asked questions & answers by Stephanie Person
5:20 Minute Video

Published on Aug 27, 2013
I've been on the ketogenic diet for 4 years and have 9 percent body fat consuming 2200 calories a day.

FB: stephanie person skater

JR’s Notes:

0:26 MM
A lot of people who believe in that you need Carbs to survive believe that you eat Carbohydrates, your body converts a percentage of it into your muscle as Energy, but your muscle and your liver don’t store that much Glycogen, which is converted Glucose.

So what happens to the rest of it?

Yikes! Well, what happens is it goes right here (grabbing her belly). Well, not on me, but it goes right here (grabbing her belly) and it goes right here (grabbing her hips) and it goes right here (grabbing her butt) and you learn how to become very efficient at storing Body Fat when you eat Carbohydrates. You have to think - did our ancestors eat from a cracker tree? I think not. What kind of Food was available back in our Hunter Gather days? 1:17 MM

JR’s Comment: The answer to - “did our ancestors eat from a cracker tree?” is No, we ate from Fruit Trees! And then, the mistake that people make who ask - “What kind of Food was available back in our Hunter Gather days?” is that this was not a time in our past where we were living where we were supposed to be living and since we are Opportunistic Eaters, we will Eat whatever it takes to survive. Using this rationale might mean that people in the far away future will look back on us and think we should be eating Twinkies and drinking Coca Cola. And then, this woman has no idea about how Excess Carbohydrates turn to Fat. The only way you can gain Fat eating Excess Carbohydrates is to also eat Excess Calories and NOT all Calories are Fat nor are they Carbohydrates. So you can NOT make a statement that Excess Carbohydrates make you Fat when it’s the Excess Calories that can make you Fat. We also have to keep in mind that we have 7 Major Components of Weight, so it’s a lot more complicated than most people understand. The point here is that anyone can lose weight if they eat less Calories, unless they are EXTREMELY Constipated.

My Carbs are Dark Leafy Greens…I’m lactose intolerant…

JR’s Comment: She made no mention of Meat in this Video, except her Hunter Gather reference and I have no desire to see what else she has to say because she has already proven to me that she doesn’t know what she’s talking about, especially about Gluconeogenesis below.

4:21 MM
And one thing that you body builders need to understand is because you become insulin sensitive - I eat a couple of things of Spinach and I’m already releasing the insulin to carry the amino acids into the muscle, so I am never in a Gluconeogenesis state or seldom - I should say never because that is your fight or flight response to raise your blood sugar levels in case there’s an emergency, but there hasn’t been one in this case.

JR’s Comment: This woman is totally clueless about Gluconeogenesis. Gluconeogenesis has nothing to do with the fight or flight response - it’s Glycogenolysis, which is not even close to a mispronunciation. And then, the main reason why High Protein/Low Carbohydrate Diets work for some people for Weight Loss is because up to 58% of all of the EXCESS Dietary Protein, which is harmful to the body by the way, can be used to keep our bodies from using our own Lean Body Mass for Carbohydrates during Gluconeogenesis.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 10, 2014 02:30PM

"How does someone who likes to be ACTIVE replenish their Carbohydrate Fuel Tank?"

Wrong question. Wrong fuel.

John Rose Wrote:
> > JR’s Comment: This woman is totally clueless
> about Gluconeogenesis. Gluconeogenesis has
> nothing to do with the fight or flight response -
> it’s Glycogenolysis, which is not even close to
> a mispronunciation. And then, the main reason why
> High Protein/Low Carbohydrate Diets work for some
> people for Weight Loss is because up to 58% of all
> of the EXCESS Dietary Protein, which is harmful to
> the body by the way, can be used to keep our
> bodies from using our own Lean Body Mass for
> Carbohydrates during Gluconeogenesis.
> [www.youtube.com]
> GIf_86B-RiMWNqym51TcoIZvuE8XnsXdn-hh6eI

She is NOT promoting high protein, which has proven to be a disaster. She is untrained in nutrition and gets things mixed up and is certainly not raw or a vegan but she IS an example of someone who is active and why it is not necessary to rely on huge amounts of carbs from foods. The only thing to be worked out and exampled is how to do it as a raw vegan - which several of us are working on.

That a high carb diet is necessary for active healthy humans is a myth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 02:33PM by SueZ.

Date: July 10, 2014 02:58PM

<<<That a high carb diet is necessary for active healthy humans is a myth.>>>

It all depends on the Intensity and Duration of the Activity.

At rest 60% of our Calories are Fat. And then, when we start moving, the Intensity and Duration determines whether we use Carbohydrates or Fats and unless we are doing something nonstop, it’s 100% Carbohydrates. At 20 minutes of continuoius Medium to Low Intensity Activity we start burning Fat. At one half hour, 50% of our Calories are Fat and at one hour of continuoius Medium to Low Intensity Activity, 90% of our Calories are Fat.

So I could go out and bike Nonstop at a Medium Intensity for 4 hours and my overall Fat Burning % would be around 78%, so that's NOT a lot of Carbohydrates.

However, if I Played Tennis at a High Intensity Nonstop for 4 hours, my overall Fat Burning % would be around 8% and that is a WHOLE lot of Carbohydrates!

So NO ONE can make all of these Blanket Statements that they do!!!

Date: July 10, 2014 03:49PM

John Rose Wrote:
> At rest 60% of our Calories are Fat.

There is no such thing as a calorie.

> So NO ONE can make all of these Blanket Statements
> that they do!!!

Then stop making them.

Date: July 10, 2014 04:04PM

Hey sz,

That's the second Straw Man Argument that you've used against me today. The other Straw Man you created today on a different Thread (that was designed to derail my Thread) is the worst Straw Man Argument that I’ve ever seen, but I’ve always known that you would be up for it.

Once again, this is PROOF that you are a SHILL ( [consciouslifenews.com] )!!!

You are NOT here to help anyone and are only here to create Chaos!!!

Date: July 10, 2014 04:38PM

She is not "active" as the term is normally used.

She does resistance exercise.

If she were active she would find she needed more carbs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 04:39PM by fresh.

Date: July 10, 2014 06:44PM

fresh Wrote:
> "How does someone who likes to be ACTIVE replenish
> their Carbohydrate Fuel Tank?"
>
>
>
>
> She is not "active" as the term is normally used.
>
>
> She does resistance exercise.
>
> If she were active she would find she needed more
> carbs.

Granted, if she was able to, and did do cardio, she probably would need more than the 20 grams carbs a day she consumes but she would still be able to stay in ketosis.

Dr. D'Agostino does a lot of cardio and is a runner. He states in the linked video that he has been able to stay in ketoses even when he has had up to 150 grams of carbs.

The premise that huge amounts of carbs are necessary for active healthy people is unsupportable and outdated.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: July 10, 2014 07:14PM

Ketosis is NOT the Preferred Human Metabolic State…
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 10, 2014 08:05PM

"Is ketosis natural? Of course it is, just like starvation and death are natural. But is it healthy, normal and desirable?"

I like that quote, the word 'natural' is always used to persuade people that something is healthy and people always fall for it. Poisonous berries are natural, salmonella is natural, oxalates are natural, bleeding is natural... natural doesn't mean it's good for you.

Date: July 10, 2014 09:01PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Granted, if she was able to, and did do cardio,
> she probably would need more than the 20 grams
> carbs a day she consumes but she would still be
> able to stay in ketosis.
>
>
> Dr. D'Agostino does a lot of cardio and is a
> runner. He states in the linked video that he has
> been able to stay in ketoses even when he has had
> up to 150 grams of carbs.
>
> The premise that huge amounts of carbs are
> necessary for active healthy people is
> unsupportable and outdated.
>
>
> [www.youtube.com]
> zbonKyHuRcSgaU8gsNyoizak8zjD0Buf

congratulations Suez, it appears that you have responded to a post of mine
without an insult.

this was very interesting. but so many variables, hard to determine cause of improvements.

[eatingacademy.com]

But I looked at another ketosis athlete wannabe and the diet consisted of coffee, oils, chocolate and other junk. no thanks.

[www.bengreenfieldfitness.com]

Date: July 10, 2014 09:58PM

fresh Wrote:

>
> this was very interesting. but so many variables,
> hard to determine cause of improvements.
>
> [eatingacademy.com]
> ted-my-athletic-performance

This is on my list of experimentals to get to since it is non-gmo. Looks promising...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: July 10, 2014 10:40PM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > this was very interesting. but so many
> variables,
> > hard to determine cause of improvements.
> >
> >
> [eatingacademy.com]
>
> > ted-my-athletic-performance
>
>
> This is on my list of experimentals to get to
> since it is non-gmo. Looks promising...
>
> [www.youtube.com]

"Generation UCAN is the only thing on the market that is a product that supports the stabilization of blood sugar"... is this guy serious?

Date: July 10, 2014 11:36PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > fresh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > this was very interesting. but so many
> > variables,
> > > hard to determine cause of improvements.
> > >
> > >
> >
> [eatingacademy.com]
>
> >
> > > ted-my-athletic-performance
> >
> >
> > This is on my list of experimentals to get
> to
> > since it is non-gmo. Looks promising...
> >
> >
> [www.youtube.com]
>
>
> "Generation UCAN is the only thing on the market
> that is a product that supports the stabilization
> of blood sugar"... is this guy serious?

He's not talking in general about everything. He's talking specifically about carbs.

Date: July 10, 2014 11:51PM

SueZ Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> -----
> > SueZ Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > fresh Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > >
> > > >
> > > > this was very interesting. but so many
> > > variables,
> > > > hard to determine cause of improvements.
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> [eatingacademy.com]
>
> >
> > >
> > > > ted-my-athletic-performance
> > >
> > >
> > > This is on my list of experimentals to get
> > to
> > > since it is non-gmo. Looks promising...
> > >
> > >
> > [www.youtube.com]
> >
> >
> > "Generation UCAN is the only thing on the
> market
> > that is a product that supports the
> stabilization
> > of blood sugar"... is this guy serious?
>
> He's not talking in general about everything. He's
> talking specifically about carbs.

[eatingacademy.com]

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables