Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamix vs juicer, misc
Posted by: violetpetals ()
Date: December 08, 2006 06:32PM

question: I know it may be obvious, I have a Vitamix and make daily a Whole Food Veggie drink primarily greens with ginger, lemon, cayenne, and beet. What is the consenus of using Vitamix for making juice this way over using a juicer (I do have a Champion). The Vitamix is so much easier.

Also, I am not new to being vegan but not going more raw and moving to 100% raw has anyone experienced changes in their urine smell. I do not mean from eating asparagus.

Thank you for your input.

A

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamix vs juicer, misc
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 08, 2006 10:31PM

I say vitamix, not juice. The fiber is so very good for you! I think the only circumstances where juicing might be a benefit is if the diet already contains at least 50 g of fiber and more is not needed. But it helps some people to get more greens in their diet.

Your urine should not smell bad. Every body fluid should be less smelly on raw especially if you are eating lots of fruit. But there will be variations due to your daily diet. What have you been eating lately to make your urine smell?

Posted by: violetpetals ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:53PM

I think it might of been a binge on too many dates and nuts. Dropped the dates added more fresh fruits and going low on the nuts. I have has a history of candida. So I am watching this closely. Thank you for the input on the Vitamix. Makes alot of sense.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: December 09, 2006 08:41PM

I am not sure the dates are contributing. I suspect the nuts, especially if you included brazil nuts. The foods that are relatively high in cysteine and/or methionine will produce some smells, and brazil nuts qualify. Cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbages, etc.) can also contribute.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables