Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a typical day of your diet?
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: August 02, 2014 03:23AM

Anyone who's raw vegan, what does a typical day of your diet look like?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a typical day of your diet?
Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: August 02, 2014 10:42AM

These days:

- watermelon (throughout the day)
- zucchini spaghetti with cauliflower tomato dill sauce; summer salads (tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet red peppers); white cabbage salad (white cabbage, lemon juice); cauliflower mash (cauliflower, zucchini, lemon juice, dill) (in the evening)

I couldn't be happier with this amazing raw vegan lifestyle smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Posted by: Manta91 ()
Date: August 04, 2014 03:16AM

I'm a low-sugar, whole food vegan transitioning to a high-raw diet, at least 75%. So far I eat ALOT of green salads, blended soups, vegetable noodles -- basically, foods that don't require alot of prep/clean-up. I love smoothies too, though have to limit sugar and for now just snack on fresh berries or grab a green juice when I want something sweet. I also love coconut ice cream. I use liquid stevia to sweeten, which I know is processed, but I really don't care for the powdered stuff. Seeing that I only use a little, I don't think it's too big of a deal.

For savory snacks, I love celery and zucchini hummus. There's a ginger version by Kristen Suzanne that's out of this world.

Working on cutting down on nuts, mostly due to digestive issues. I want to get in the habit of sprouting and fermenting my legumes, nuts, and seeds.

I do eat cooked foods, though try to make thoughtful choices and keep the foundation of my diet raw. Legumes, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, black rice, steamed vegetables, soups, and baked yams are all okay with me, especially when I have to stick to a low-carb, low-sugar diet. I also like to pop some Zots sugar-free licorice drops when I start to crave sweets. The only ingredients are licorice extract and anise extract.

I know I'm not a pure, 100% raw foodist but I'm figuring it out what's best for me -- I don't believe that there's a one-fits-all approach to diet. This is where I am so far smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2014 03:17AM by Manta91.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 04, 2014 04:45PM

breakfast today I have had a peach and banana and dried fig smoothie
lunch I will maybe have a salad with tahini lemon dressing
I will snack on dates all day long or a banana binge smoothies, I may make a raw pie with blackberries in my backyard plus nut date crust. My boyfriend bought some live algae I may have that to try it out.

Posted by: dschare ()
Date: August 12, 2014 02:00PM

early morning is about 32oz water
8AM is usually a 16oz green smoothie
snacks throughout the day are usually fruit or veggie strips
lunch is normally another large green smoothie with a veggie plate
and another 32oz of water
dinner is normally a large salad with a small fruit plate
and another 32oz of water...
I normally add lemon or orange to my water for added flavor....

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 13, 2014 08:23AM

No day is typical for me in terms of what I eat, but there are some behavioral patterns in my life. smiling smiley

When I go to work, I pack a bag of fruit to take with me. In my office, I have fruit by the window, and on my desk. I eat when hungry and have preference for juicy fruit. If I have salads, that would be most likely in the evenings, at home, although there are days I make salads at my office or order it in a local cafeteria. I have been enjoying banana ice creams recently, and like to have it in bed. I prefer mono eating of fruit, rather than mixing. In my kitchen, you will find fruit all over, in various places, on large plates. I buy fruit in bulk, eg bananas by boxes. There is a banana safe on the kichen wall. I make raw recipes sometimes, especially for potlucks.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 14, 2014 01:17AM

Mine varies, too. I'd say typically during the day eight to twelve 16-oz. smoothies with fruit & greens or juices with fruit & greens. Chopped fruit to snack on, if need be, or a handful of nuts. Nighttime, a salad (large, HUGE) of kale and other dark greens, avocado, tomatoes or collard greens wraps. I also snack on dried fruits (typically figs, apricots)

Common juicing fruits & greens are apple, oranges, pineapple, lemon, collards, parsley, dandelion, cucumber, ginger

Common eating/blending/banana whipping fruits are cherries, pineapple, pears, dates, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, mangoes.

The nuts/seeds I am commonly attracted to are brazil nuts, hempseeds, almonds, pine nuts, pistacios, cashews.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 14, 2014 02:23AM

I had a collard wrap, it was orgasmic. I also had celery apple juice and a smoothie and nut/dried fruit mix and raw food pie I made blackberry, that I picked myself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables