Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making the most of your raw foods lifestyle
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 09, 2006 06:51AM

I would like to know how you make the most of your healthy raw foods lifestyle. This can also include activities or non-activities which are therapeutic or just plain fun! and perhaps have little to do with raw foods directly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making the most of your raw foods lifestyle
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 09, 2006 01:40PM

Hmmm....well:

-It certainly is a great excuse to learn more about ecological issues / self-sustaining issues. I heard a great term the other day: a "Stable-State" economy. One where people are producing as much as they consume.....and not just burning up the road (and the world) with runaway growth.

-Eating well naturally brings one into research with how food is determined, grown, sold and enjoyed. All great issues.

-For my part, raw food has lead me to gardening, architecture, land-purchase, home-building, money-management, time-management, social-conformity, emotional, style of living....and other important pursuits and issues.

-Eating well has also lead me to travel and explore to some wonderful places and gardens here in Florida and abroad. I have (and will have) a chance to meet (in person and online) wonderful innovators in all of these areas....and some of the most brilliant minds and spirits in existence today.

-David Z. Mason

Date: December 09, 2006 04:07PM

I exercise/hike.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 10, 2006 01:53AM

Moving to a more raw-food based diet is definitely just one more step in a larger process for me. Gardening, composting, buying less "stuff", recycling and living more in harmony with the Earth all seem to go naturally together with eating a plant-based, raw-foods diet.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: December 10, 2006 04:58AM

Raw eating has helped me to live a more constructive lifestyle by realizing that taking care of my own body in a REAL way is an important way to take care of myself and ensure that I can live my elder years as a productive and active person rather than as an invalid.

In addition, it has punctuated for me what a Death Culture we live in. It is so bizarre to go to a big grocery store and realize that except for the produce section ALMOST everything being sold to put in your mouth has something in it that is detrimental to quality of life.

I am very thankful to raw eating. Am in my fifties and have been pursuing the raw lifestyle for much of the past 15 years. Anytime I have gone back to old eating habits for any length of time chronic ailments creep up and really frighten me. The biggest breakthrough for me since going raw has been the green smoothies, and I now eat about a pound (or more) of greens every day that way. Staying raw (or mostly raw) is not hard for me when I do the green smoothies, especially since it takes the guesswork out of what to fix to eat each day.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 10, 2006 06:48AM

avocadoes,
Yes, I agree most things being sold in the grocery store is just crap. Resturants are even worse. I am just craving something really fresh and flavorful, satisfying, but there seems to be nothing. Living in the pacific northwest has been a bit of a disappointment for me, especially after having lived in california. People here seem to think California is strange, but there are a number of things I find strange here. For one some seem to think that wonder bread is 'healthy', yes I have actually heard someone seriously call wonder bread healthy.

Going out to eat is always a challenge, it seems that everything one can order at a resturant has meat or cheese. There are a few places that have 'vegan upon request' but those are pretty rare.

Yeah I am doing quite a bit of complaining, and I just read something by E. Tolle about complaining. Its really not helpful unless its directed to some source which can actually do something. There is also a difference between complaining and stating your requests.

I have been starting a garden, and building up compost which will hopefully be ready by this spring. I am hoping that I can get things going. At first I used to think of gardening as supplying additional food to help out moneywise, but now I am not so sure about that idea. It may not contribute too much that way. However, I still really, really need it, literally for my sanity and health. I hope that I can produce enough to fill the craving for real healthy food.

There are also a number of other things I really don't care for about where I living, but I am starting to realize that everything is connected. From how people dress, social interactions, general appearance, and what people eat, also what type of entertainment. I am not sure how much power I have to change things enough to get what I want and need on a regular basis. I don't think people are aware of just how depleted things are here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables