Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

weight loss story
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 10, 2014 07:01PM

[www.cnn.com]

Over Memorial Day weekend 2013, Kurtz and his wife watched "Forks Over Knives," a documentary on the science behind plant-based eating. At that point, he weighed 258 pounds.
The scientific evidence presented on why humans should eat a plant-based diet just made sense to Kurtz. It was like a light bulb went on, he explains.
He read numerous books and watched online lectures to learn more as he began eating from the four food groups recommended by the Physicians' Committee for Responsible Medicine: Fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes (with nuts and seeds). Gradually, he cut out sugar, salt and oils.

"As I saw the scientific evidence of how we have evolved as herbivores and not omnivores, and as I saw how well my body was reacting to feeding it a low-fat, whole-food, plant-based diet, it became progressively easier from there," said Kurtz, a 37-year-old entrepreneur in Atlanta.
The quick results were encouraging.
It wasn't just his weight that started to drop. His cholesterol went from over 200 to 167. His blood pressure lowered. His health insurance rates also went down three times as he got healthier.
At the same time, other things were on the rise, including his energy levels and his ability to taste food.
"Once you start eating this way, your palate totally changes," Kurtz said. "You are tasting food the way food was supposed to taste in the first place. Like a film has been lifted off your taste buds."
He also discovered that he could eat as much as he wanted of the right foods and not gain weight. His new way of eating felt more like abundance than deprivation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weight loss story
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 11, 2014 09:07AM

Thanks for another great link Panchito.

(Not so tuned in to the Macdougall starch thing, but it's still a great vegan story - and cool that it was on CNN.)

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 11, 2014 09:43AM

Normally excess weight loss is followed by surgery to remove excess skin.
Or does the skin adjust with gradual weight loss on raw food?

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: August 14, 2014 03:43AM

Sounds like the movie really inspired him and he has been searching for a long time AND FOUND HIS ANSWER.

Next is the RAW FOOD DIET to really supercharge.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 14, 2014 08:37AM

" I do have some excess skin, but nearly as bad as I had feared. I'm hopeful that with time and continued physical activity that the skin (it's honestly more wrinkles than actual hanging skin) will be minimized." (Benji Kurtz)
(from here)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables